Russian Launch and Mission Thread

tater

I was liking some rocket or satellite model at a space conference decades ago when I was a student, and figured I'd ask the booth people if they ever got rid of them, or didn't feel like carting it back. The guy said the model I was looking at cost over $10,000 (this was in the late 80s I think). Sadly, he took it back with him instead of giving it to me (didn't hurt to ask—it NEVER hurts to ask).

2 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

Isn't it for a Yuri Gagarin anniversary? I think the white is supposed to look like condensation on the old soyuzs

Just had the evening news cite that too.

On 3/16/2021 at 2:38 PM, kerbiloid said:

It's equipped with "hybrid docking adaptor", made of the hard-capture ring from APAS-95-derived IDSS and the soft=capture probe from Almaz-derived modules.

Also, it doesn't have grapple fixtures for Canadarm, so it can't take it.
But it may be equipped with grapple fixtures for Aist, used by ERA. But ERA can't attach to the Canadarm grapple fixtures to walk.

Reveal hidden contents

05.jpg

So, unlikely it's compatible with IDA/PMA.

No, having Nauka DOCK to PMA-1, and the Canadarm could plausibly have a little adapter a "Glove" if you will that can adapt it to the ERA/Aist Grapple fixture, and visa versa with ERA and Canadarm's LEE (latching end effector thor those who don;t know, it's the "hand" bit).

4 hours ago, Ziggy Kerman said:

having Nauka DOCK to PMA-1

With which port?
Nauka is to be docked to Zvezda with SSVP-M docking adaptor.
PMA-1 is equipped with IDSS-compatible docking adaptor.
The only common thing they have is the hard-capture ring.

4 hours ago, Ziggy Kerman said:

Canadarm could plausibly have a little adapter a "Glove" if you will that can adapt it to the ERA/Aist Grapple fixture

They are two absolutely different grappling fixtures based on different principles.
ERA/Aist is more like a miniature docking port, while Canadarm adaptor is a garrote put on the neck of a mushroom. Both using different standards.

Edited by kerbiloid

https://www.interfax.ru/russia/758160

Roscosmos, by hands of TsNIIMash + Energy Corp., started development of the first anthropomorphic droid for EVA.

The "Teledroid" project should come to fruition by 2025. Currently it's at the draft design phase.

It will look like a legless human and be teleoperated by a teleoperator, copying his movements (so, it's actually an avatar).

Also it will be able to perform some basic operations on its own.

The previously used Fedor will be one of its prototypes.