Russian Launch and Mission Thread

tater

https://www.interfax.ru/world/758192

The actress and the director of the space movie, to be filmed in ISS, will be sent on September, 20.

The MS-18 commander Oleg Novitsky will return to the Earth together with them in October.

Earlier the chief of the cosmonaut team stated that the then-future expedition will be prolonged due to the movie filming.

Both other members of the MS-18 crew will stay on ISS after that.

Edited by kerbiloid

5 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

https://www.interfax.ru/world/758192

The actress and the director of the space movie, to be filmed in ISS, will be sent on September, 20.

The MS-18 commander Oleg Novitsky will return to the Earth together with them in October.

Earlier the chief of the cosmonaut team stated that the then-future expedition will be prolonged due to the movie filming.

Both other members of the MS-18 crew will stay on ISS after that.

I will be super, super angry if first real space movie turns out to be unwatchable dreck filled with Bad Science.

My explosion will be visible from LEO.

2 minutes ago, Scotius said:

I will be super, super angry if first real space movie turns out to be unwatchable dreck filled with Bad Science.

Currently they have everything to film a space adventure with searching for a leak and patching it. Safe and realistic.
Just some futuristic scenery would be brought to make this be happening on the way to Saturn.

On 3/27/2021 at 1:08 PM, Scotius said:

My explosion will be visible from LEO.

The first zero-g movie did remarkably well for a Hollywood product (I'm assuming Apollo-13 counts).

2 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Not to mention, Angara A5V? Isn't that the Kerbalesque quintuple-core version?

Angara A5 has already flown, it doesn't look too outlandish.

3000.jpeg

A5V is just replacing the second stage with a new hydrolox variant, which in theory could get about 15 tons to trans-lunar injection. 

The Power and Propulsion Element, alongside with the Cygnus-derived Habitation and Logistics Outpost is to be launched by Falcon Heavy, and appear to require it, weighting 8-9 tonnes for the PPE and presumably about 7 tonnes for the HALO (it's a stretched Cygnus, which is 6 tonnes). So maybe technically possible, politically unlikely, and definitely a magnificently well-done April 1st joke, but really not going to happen because A5V is essentially cancelled.

https://ria.ru/amp/20210404/mks-1604135103.html

Cosmonauts have found three more possible leakage places in Zvezda module , and coated them with sealant.

https://ria.ru/20210327/kosmos-1603078590.html

Adaptation of PTKNP / Federation / Oryol spaceship to Angara is postponed for 5 months.

Edited by kerbiloid

1 hour ago, kerbiloid said:

Cosmonauts have found three more possible leakage places in Zvezda module , and coated them with sealant.

At this point, I think they should just spray the whole transfer compartment. It's the only way to be sure.

22 minutes ago, DDE said:

At this point, I think they should just spray the whole transfer compartment. It's the only way to be sure.

Cracked acrylic bathtub repair is what it needs.

P.S.
Btw, an advantage of modular thermal insulation panels like on the SpaceLab-derived modules.
Unscrew the panels, find the leak, rescrew the panels, instead of scratching the blanket in various places,

Edited by kerbiloid