KSP Devs on Kurt J Mac's FLoBathon

Pingonaut

In short I hope Kurt stays off these forums

That's not a good thing to say, saying you hope he stays off the forums because you like watching him fail. Sure it's funny, but when things work out it's a great achievement for Kurt AND his viewers. You can't say you want people to stay off the forums because they should figure it out themselves' LPers or not, they're all gamers.

Either way, we're getting a bit off-topic. This thread was made to focus on the additions to the game they talked about, not about how Kurt plays the game.

Honestly, part of the charm of KSP is that the failures are just as entertaining as the successes. It really captures the rush of a catastrophic malfunction.

I'll never forget the time I launched a rocket with insufficient t/w, it drifted against the pad and promptly exploded. When the smoke cleared, the capsule was sitting neat-as-you-please atop the launch tower, and the crew was freaking. I laughed so hard I cried.

Edited by pebble_garden

That's not a good thing to say, saying you hope he stays off the forums because you like watching him fail. Sure it's funny, but when things work out it's a great achievement for Kurt AND his viewers. You can't say you want people to stay off the forums because they should figure it out themselves' LPers or not, they're all gamers.

Either way, we're getting a bit off-topic. This thread was made to focus on the additions to the game they talked about, not about how Kurt plays the game.

Kurt is on these forums and I can't believe you'd say that. Let him have fun and stop being so damn childish...

Kurt is on these forums and I can't believe you'd say that. Let him have fun and stop being so damn childish...

Yeah, we all look at the forum for help every now and then.

Also, does Eve's color look weird to anyone else but me? The purple is cool but it looks weird to me.

Yeah, we all look at the forum for help every now and then.

Also, does Eve's color look weird to anyone else but me? The purple is cool but it looks weird to me.

Purple color of eve is equally (in)possible like green gas giants, but it's still long way to 0.17 so stay calm :). Personally, I'm start to really worry about, when somebody show me moon made from cheese :P.

He finished with over $70k in donations.

Unfortunately, a few hours before he finished and hit F3, Wolfie disappeared after a break. People were devastated. Hopefully they can figure our what happened and get Wolfie back before his next episode.

Capt'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

I'm wondering if he backed it up before "saving and quitting" Minecraft by accident. I've actually had that happen to me before, though in my case, it ended up with me down to about half health and a few hundred blocks ahead of where I originally was.

But after watching the video a couple of times, I'm almost certain I saw Wolfie "push" him a split second before he hit ESC to save and quit.

Now I just have to figure out a way to tell my 4-year old son, who loves Kurt and Wolfie, that Wolfie is no more. :( He's not going to be happy about that at all.

Lol, sorry that the thread is going off-topic. Devastation has happened!

Not sure how much longer this thread needs to be here, really everything has been covered by people who replied (multiple times to keep it on-topic).

Thanks everyone for checking out my FLoB-athon livestream! I had no idea the KSP guys would have stuck around for so long and share so much about what they see for the future of the game. They're a great team! Despite not being a professional "interviewer" I'd say having them on was one of the highlights of the weekend. I'm also glad it has sparked so much discussion here in the forums, a place where I, regrettably, haven't had enough time to spend since starting to play KSP! I really appreciate it, and am looking forward to seeing Kurt Kerman in the commander seat! :D

Great to see you around here Kurt. I'm sorry I wasn't around to get in on that interview, I would have really enjoyed it. I watched your FLoB-athon all weekend and was there at the end when things took a bad turn. I hope you get Wolfie back, that was very depressing. I really enjoyed the show even though I don't play minecraft, I was somehow drawn into to what you were doing.

You've also inspired us here to look at doing a Kerb-athon to raise money for Child's Play. We're hoping to do something like a real-time mission to the Mun. I hope we will be able to get you to stop by when we do.

Also, if you need help getting Kurt Kerman into your game, don't hesitate to look up one of the staff, any one of us would be happy to help you get him setup. I'd love to see you do more Let's Plays with Kurt Kerman!

Cheers!

Capt'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

Aww man, I was on holiday during the event. I'm so sad I missed this.

I love your KSP videos Kurt, I like it how you show almost everything you're doing (including the first start of the new update)! :D

A Kerb-athon would be great, I'll work some extra days to save up money to donated at such a Kerb-athon. It's a great charity.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.