[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion Thread 2

kacperrutka26

Exactly what's needed. I hope RCS fuel is re-balanced a bit too, right now consumption is brutal unless you use modded tanks.

RCS can get you really far if you use it as an engine. But if you use it to control your ship's direction, I agree it is brutal.

RCS can get you really far if you use it as an engine. But if you use it to control your ship's direction, I agree it is brutal.

I wonder if they are going to nerf the directional RCS motor, some guy used a few of those and two RCS tanks to go to the moon.

Maybe that's why your rotation seems less efficient Nova. The ones you can used to rotate are nowhere near as powerful or efficient as the directional ones.

Here's the URL.

Edit:RCS weirdness link

5 Part Mun lander

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3485342&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=3

Post is by Abyssal Lurker

Edited by SLAMS

The issue may lie in the automatic thrust balancing code... In that case, it lowers the thrust so you can rotate evenly around your center of mass, but I'm wondering if it's still consuming the maximum amount of fuel even at a low thrust value...

Oh well, it's not a topic for this thread. I'll bring it up tomorrow with the rest of the team.

Oh well, it's not a topic for this thread. I'll bring it up tomorrow with the rest of the team.

An that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you keep your userbase happy. An issue comes up and promptly it is worked and thought on by the developers of the game. My love for you guys is great, not only because you work on such an amazing game, but also because of how you cooperate with the players of your fine product. If there was a donation button I would donate the **** out of you.

So anyhow...keep up the good work and attached to your consumer basis!

Edited by Mounti

An that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you keep your userbase happy. An issue comes up and promptly it is worked and thought on by the developers of the game. My love for you guys is great, not only because you work on such an amazing game, but also because of how you cooperate with the players of your fine product. If there was a donation button I would donate the **** out of you.

So anyhow...keep up the good work and attached to your consumer basis!

there is a donation button in the store.

I've got a question about Laythe: Will there be any solid ground, barring submarine trips? A weathered volcanic archipelago or two, perhaps?

I think I remember reading that there'd be the odd island here and there

Karolus10: Double posting: post below has been removed and merged bellow, please use "Edit Post" option next time, thank you.

Edit_1:

Ok, looking at the wiki I see info under Eves entry, but nothing for the other new planets, is there any info on them around anywhere such as gravity, atmospheric thickness, etc?

Edited by karolus10

What about ground-radar? Would be easier to land that way if you knew your exact altitude above the actual ground. Dunno if it has already been proposed though and I know this is maybe the wrong thread for it but since it might fall under new parts I just gave it a shot! ;)

What about ground-radar? Would be easier to land that way if you knew your exact altitude above the actual ground. Dunno if it has already been proposed though and I know this is maybe the wrong thread for it but since it might fall under new parts I just gave it a shot! ;)

Mech-Jeb has a true altitude reading

Hey, Nova, will we in the future get submersible parts? I'd love to go to the (hopefully incredibly deep) oceans of Laythe

Haha.. Kerbal Space Submarines.. Love the idea.. I think threes a mod somewhere on the forums..

But i think first we need to get rid of the liquid mercury on Kerbal.. :P