[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion Thread 2

kacperrutka26

My save's getting messy...

-Snip-

Looks pretty chaotic, all different collors of your flights.

Will it be hard to make a rocket that can make a interplannetry flight? Because I have now already trouble to make a powerfull enough rocket that dont explode to reach Minmus.

Looks pretty chaotic, all different collors of your flights.

The blue, orange and purple are all the same flight - that's just a patched conics thingy. There's only two flights on there, the multicoloured and the grey.

i dont think charr has been created yet,no pictures, no map view, the lava is difficult so it hasn't been made yet charr is just planned not even half way through
Sort of. There's slight (less than one degree) inclination and slight (less than 0.1) eccentricity on all of them, except Kerbin and LavalessPlanet (which is too close to the sun to be seen in this picture)

Here is what Nova said earlier in the thread (page 24 for me but I have my posts per page set to a higher number)

There should be an option to block out the debris or planets, which are uninteresting for the current mission, from the map view. It will be too cluttered otherwise.

I'd second this. Even some basic filter options in the menu would probably suffice

Some electric powered props would be nice for Eve.

Yeah, a big aeroshell that lands a small robotic plane (battery powered, RTG-recharged) with deployable wings that flies around the landing site!

I'd love that, but parts so small would probably come under the purview of the various "satellite assembly" or "rover building" facilites that have been proposed multiple times and kinda-sorta planned by the devs.

Edited by thorfinn

Given the vastness of space verses the size of a teapot, you'd never find it, (and if you did chances are you'd go past it like a bullet.) It's a good idea though. Maybe when you get within a certain range it appears on the orbital map like the other planets. It'd still be near impossible to get to, unless the 'range' at which it appears on the orbital map was really large. More of luck finding it than skill. Good idea, but I just don't see it working out.

Given the vastness of space verses the size of a teapot, you'd never find it, (and if you did chances are you'd go past it like a bullet.) It's a good idea though. Maybe when you get within a certain range it appears on the orbital map like the other planets. It'd still be near impossible to get to, unless the 'range' at which it appears on the orbital map was really large. More of luck finding it than skill. Good idea, but I just don't see it working out.

That is the reason for Easter egg. You find it only by luck. I think it's a splendid idea! Take a rep @EinQuant!

This are my ideas for landing on Desert Planet, Eve and flying in Meander's atmosphere:

- Desert Planet

1. A Airplane with large wings and additional rocket engines that are ignited after entry (during final apporach)

2. The dynamics for landers would be something between Mun Landers and their prototypes that were tested on Kerbin. The landers would be powered mainly by rocket engines, but parachutes and another high-friction parts would be good. It's like adding a atmosphere to the Mun.

3. A Lander/Plane hybrid could be made, maybe gliding like a plane during entry and landing like a lander after entry.

- Eve

1. Parachutes. Wings. Jet engines.

2. Landers with jet engines.

3. Parachute-only-probes (like soviet Venus probes).

4. One-way-landers.

5. A permanent station on the Munlet.

- Meander

1. Parachute-only probes.

2. Unmanned Projectiles (for the early phase of Meander Exploration, to test the atmospherical dynamics.).

3. Supersonic Planes that Enter only the Upper atmosphere and then return. Perfect for dropping things.

4. Maneuvers like in BBC Space Odyssey.

5. Maybe Silisko will create special parts for Eve and Meander.

For landing on Eve Munlet we will use our Minmus Expirence.

Will Bop be bigger than Minmus but smaller than the Mun?

And we need to think about the Ocean Moon.

Given the vastness of space versus the size of a teapot, you'd never find it...

That's the beauty of Russels teapot. They could add absolutely nothing, but merely announce that they did, and they'd still have added in an easter egg. Albeit a metaphysical one.