Chinese Space Program (CNSA) & Ch. commercial launch and discussion

tater

10 hours ago, sevenperforce said:

Last update for the night.

I like how ocean splashdown is 70% vs 30% for on-land impact... just like the average sea : land ratio... XD

So yeah, fingers cross, will see if any of us wins a jackpot !

3 hours ago, YNM said:

I like how ocean splashdown is 70% vs 30% for on-land impact... just like the average sea : land ratio... XD

So yeah, fingers cross, will see if any of us wins a jackpot !

The actual amount of water coverage in this particular region is about 74% so it's a little less ideal.

3 hours ago, sevenperforce said:

The actual amount of water coverage in this particular region is about 74% so it's a little less ideal.

4% more chance for everyone to receive their jackpot... :sticktongue:

2 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

But it weighted 80+ tonnes.

Still a quarter of it, not that bad I suppose

2 hours ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Is any of this tracking /prediction info being provided by CNSA or is it all coming from western commercial / government sources? 

It's all coming from international (non-Chinese) sources. China keeps insisting there is no danger and that it will definitely come down in the water. They have a 72% (by my latest numbers) chance of being right, so they're bluffing.

For any of y'all here in the States, I did a ground track map.

The chance of it re-entering over the United States is 5.85%. If it does come down over the United States, the breakup could be visible for up to half the country.

The most likely re-entry path (that will be visible to the U.S. at least) will be the one that goes from Texas to Delaware between 12:49 AM and 12:55 AM EDT. Coincidentally that's also the one that's most likely to drop debris on me.

If current predictions hold until morning (that is, if the window narrows about 50% without moving) then the odds of entry in Asia, Australia, South America, or the Mediterranean will be negligible and it will be the ocean at 74%, Africa at 11%, and North America at 9%.

2 hours ago, sevenperforce said:

The most likely re-entry path (that will be visible to the U.S. at least) will be the one that goes from Texas to Delaware between 12:49 AM and 12:55 AM EDT. Coincidentally that's also the one that's most likely to drop debris on me.

LOL, me too. It goes straight over me here in East Texas. I actually kinda hope it does fall around here. I wanna see that thing break up...

4 hours ago, cubinator said:

Satflare's map shows a US reentry to be unlikely:

Well, the orbit that passes close to my city is gone as well... Still some chance of it re-entering in the territory though !

EDIT : Although honestly that map's cutoff is not great.

Edited by YNM

26 minutes ago, YNM said:

the orbit that passes close to my city is gone as well

The rocket reads this thread and filters out those who is aware of, because it anyway can't surprise them.

Edited by kerbiloid

13 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

The rocket reads this thread and filters out those who is aware of, because it anyway can't surprise them.

Yeah from the prediction from Aerospace Corp. 8 hrs ago, my 'lucky' path would be the very last pass on the prediction. Should be weeded out soon I suppose, it's not on satflare or EUSST already.

Edited by YNM

1 hour ago, DDE said:

Timor sea, May 9 2:30 MSK (UTC+3).

So about May 9 07:30 UTC+8 / 06:30 UTC+7... Would be some bolide I guess...

From CSpOC :

EDIT : EUSST coming up with 02:11 UTC +- 190 mins :

GroundTrack1.png

Edited by YNM