2001 Nights: The Graphic Novel

Sorabh

So... ummm... stuff happened. I have lost functioning of my right hand due to unforeseen circumstances.

Spoiler

4eOvoR0.jpg

You see that encircled bone? That is a piece of my shoulder socket which broke off and, for a few hours was floating around..

The ball of the upper arm had sunk deep into my shoulder. It hurt like mulch, let me tell you...

Its in its correct position right now, thanks to some medical Voodoo, but my right hand is immobilized for 4 weeks.

This is how a normal shoulder should look like:

36SqpzS.jpg

So I am finding it difficult to play KSP single handedly...  But lemme see:

1. I can write dialogues and stories easily with one hand.

2. I can play KSP (albeit with some difficulty) with my left hand

3. I can not, however, storyboard my characters. 

Not being able to storyboard(drawing my Kerbals with their positions, movements and feelings on a piece of paper) has left me quite handicapped in this regard. But let's see, what fate has in store for me..

(And if you want proof, zoom in to the bottom of the first x-ray. If you squint, you will find my name there. And yes, I use my real name at the forums :wink:)

2001 Nights:

Night 2 - Baby steps

K3j7vbt.jpg

9QWMhvw.jpg

Fq5bJgF.jpg

Here's the third part of Night 2: Baby Steps.

I had story boarded these panels a while ago, so I only needed to fit dialogue bubbles. I will fill in the dialogues of the rest of the pages of this chapter by tomorrow at the earliest!

Edit: And yeah, a digital :rep: to anyone who can guess the songs kerbalized in the last two pages :)

Who knows, I may do a full kerbalized song if you want me to!

Edited by Sorabh

4 hours ago, Sorabh said:

Edit: And yeah, a digital :rep: to anyone who can guess the songs kerbalized in the last two pages :)

Who knows, I may do a full kerbalized song if you want me to!

I think the rap is (hidden for others if they want to guess) The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air theme song thing. Not sure about the song before it though. Its a bit familiar but I don't know where....

Edit: OH WAIT I KNOW - It's Ob-la-di, Ob-la-da isn't it? Well, thats the closest thing I could think of.

Edited by qzgy
Remembered a song I heard.

• 2 weeks later...

The final part of Night 2: Baby Steps for your reading pleasure!

2001 Nights:

Night 2 - Baby steps :

EqDKZxZ.jpg

BrGHoaF.jpg

lc6kpSd.jpg

This concludes the second chapter of the series. With our green heroes off to an unknown world, what adventures will they be a part of? Stay tuned in for more!

Edited by Sorabh

Hello friends, the first few pages of the third chapter, just for you

2001 Nights:

Night 3 - Impending Doom

l8oiGZm.jpg

cFV7ltb.jpg

jet7o8z.jpg

A few more pages are all I got for now. I can't storyboard properly, with just one hand. So progress  is extremely slow. I apologize for the delay. But rest assured, I will take this story to it's conclusion, AND EVEN FURTHER BEYOND!!!!!

On 08/01/2018 at 3:04 PM, Sorabh said:

Here are the first four pages of the second chapter for you!

2001 Nights:

Night 2 - Baby steps

gkLtVNu.jpg

557l8uB.jpg

Rx8vaoT.jpg

VSirCr5.jpg

My man using GPO. *clicks follow*

Hope that hand gets better my dude!

5 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

Hope that hand gets better my dude!

Thanks! And the sling will be off by 8th, there will be another X-Ray to decide the future course of action... I hope it's healed by then..

And this story has quite a lot in store for you @Gameslinx:), so watch out !

• 2 weeks later...

Good news!! My sling was removed yesterday! My muscles have worn out by the lack of activity in the past month, but no worries! A lil bit of physiotherapy and I will be back in action!

I will be fit enough for updates in a few days.You guys have been great! I can't thank you enough for your patience with me.

So I won't even bother to try.. :)

Here's the next few pages of the third chapter of my story:

2001 Nights:

Night 3 - Impending Doom

w1YbzRr.jpg

ZJdEXwH.jpg

vCZJqM3.jpg

VpphQP9.jpg

55za9uP.jpg

xVgZfe8.jpg

RXBKwFD.jpg

How bad did Linus fudge up? What will the consequences be? Find out, next time on KrakenballZ 2001 Nights: Impending doom!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2018 at 10:05 PM, Angel-125 said:

Either someone messed up their calculations, or Minmus is done. Or both! Either way, can’t wait to see what happens next.

Ohohohoho! Read the final part of the third chapter and find out! 

2001 Nights:

Night 3 - Impending Doom

LzgaDU6.jpg

CWTmZuc.jpg

owaHeok.jpg

Y1vCMKu.jpg

EnQ46ET.jpg

There's no party without a 10 year old vintage ICBM class Hydrazine!!

Enjoy your drink, as you watch a celestial body burning into crisp... No one can offer a better view!

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/28/2018 at 4:30 AM, GarrisonChisholm said:

I hope your story here continues to evolve!

Thank you for your faith in me, all of you,. But I am sorry, I don't have the energy or the willpower to play KSP anymore, let alone complete this series. I had a lot of these chapters planned. A sequel was at works too, something @GarrisonChisholm  helped me a lot with!

However, it saddens me that I can't work on this project. I think I need a break, distance myself from KSP. Maybe that will freshen me up, and I can get back to the story with more enthusiasm than before. 

Tl;dr : This story will be on an hiatus, I apologize.

Thank you, and Good Bye, for now.

5 hours ago, Sorabh said:

Tl;dr : This story will be on an hiatus, I apologize.

Thank you, and Good Bye, for now.

I'm not sure a 'Like' is really the best term for the above.  :\  I wish we had a "Read, sympathized, understand, love your stuff & best-wishes Amigo"  button.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Nivee~ said:

This was good... Thank you!

BTW, is it dead now?

Wellll I am tempted to say its in cryofreeze...But at this point, I sorta don't know how to proceed... The source material "2001 nights" is on the internet though, if you want to have a look.. I intended to stretch the second chapter as a mission report, but then mulch happened irl, and here we are...

10 hours ago, Sorabh said:

Wellll I am tempted to say its in cryofreeze...But at this point, I sorta don't know how to proceed... The source material "2001 nights" is on the internet though, if you want to have a look.. I intended to stretch the second chapter as a mission report, but then mulch happened irl, and here we are...

Hmm.. such a shame..This one really had potential... Really hope its still in cryofreeze...

Edited by Nivee~

• 2 months later...