[1.8.1-1.12.x] Modular Launch Pads v2.7.0: Launch clamps evolved: Real-style launch bases and towers [04 July 2024]

AlphaMensae

Yep, just don't use the craft files that are broken.

I think I'm going to remove all the mod parts from the MLP craft files, and just leave the launch base and towers in a bare version, ready to attach the rocket it is named for. I have no desire to go through all those craft files to see what mods have breaking changes.

Probably will leave the Cormorant and SOCK (reDIRECT) files as is though, and maybe add a SOCK one with ORANGES-Photon-RMM.

Hey @AlphaMensae, I'm currently on version 2.3.1 of MLP.

Is there any way for me to get the newer (V 2.6) parts without depreciating the old general launch bases?

I have a few craft that need them and don't want their craft files being messed up.

11 minutes ago, CollectingSP said:

Hey @AlphaMensae, I'm currently on version 2.3.1 of MLP.

Is there any way for me to get the newer (V 2.6) parts without depreciating the old general launch bases?

I have a few craft that need them and don't want their craft files being messed up.

The old general bases are still in v2.6, just hidden, so existing craft files will still load; they still have the same internal part names.

7 minutes ago, AlphaMensae said:

The old general bases are still in v2.6, just hidden, so existing craft files will still load; they still have the same internal part names.

Gotcha, Thanks!

• 2 months later...
Posted (edited)

Hello, 

I've run into an issue where my FPS is slowing to a crawl/ the game is freezing for seconds at a time up until the point that I launch and release the clamps, then everything runs fine. The issue is worst with the Saturn MLP, but it seems to be happening to varying degrees with other Modular Launch Pads parts too. I've used this mod for years with a significantly inferior PC with no issues and recently upgraded computers. I did the install through CKAN and I removed all IVA related mods since I saw some discussion about issues earlier in the thread. Any idea what could be causing this? 

Edited by bacontornado
typo

1 hour ago, bacontornado said:

Hello, 

I've run into an issue where my FPS is slowing to a crawl/ the game is freezing for seconds at a time up until the point that I launch and release the clamps, then everything runs fine. The issue is worst with the Saturn MLP, but it seems to be happening to varying degrees with other Modular Launch Pads parts too. I've used this mod for years with a significantly inferior PC with no issues and recently upgraded computers. I did the install through CKAN and I removed all IVA related mods since I saw some discussion about issues earlier in the thread. Any idea what could be causing this? 

You must have some other mod or mods causing that problem, as I don't have that issue even with a full RSS-RO-RP-1 install.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, AlphaMensae said:

You must have some other mod or mods causing that problem, as I don't have that issue even with a full RSS-RO-RP-1 install

Thanks for the quick response. That's what I thought too, but I can't for the life of me think of anything that it could be. I'm probably going to start with a clean install and slowly add mods back in (unless something happens to jump out at you from my modlist). I'll say that I ran across one person a few pages back in this thread and a couple people on Reddit that seem to have been having the same issue so I'm pretty sure it's not just me. I'll report back if I find anything.

Mod list

Edited by bacontornado

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, bacontornado said:

Hello, 

Update: It seems like Universal Storage II was the culprit. I did a clean install with an, almost, identical mod list and copied my save over. I still ran into the issue when I loaded the craft I was using with the MLP, but I tried something generic in sandbox with the Saturn MLP and it worked fine. So I went back to my save and loaded the craft and started removing moded parts. The craft had a Universal Storage service module and removing that fixed the issue. This was the first craft this career where I tried to use the Saturn MLP, but I looked at other craft I had used that had issues with other Modular Launch Pads and they all had Universal Storage parts. I've removed that mod and all seems good now. 

Edited by bacontornado

• 3 weeks later...

hey. is there any chance we could get an attach node on the side of the general swing arms (where the umbilical's are) (if the umbilical's option is set to none) where we could attach the drop umbilical's for customized layouts?

if that didnt make sense, i can send a drawing on a screenshot 

On 5/30/2024 at 9:51 AM, DaOPCreeper said:

hey. is there any chance we could get an attach node on the side of the general swing arms (where the umbilical's are) (if the umbilical's option is set to none) where we could attach the drop umbilical's for customized layouts?

if that didnt make sense, i can send a drawing on a screenshot 

Not doing that, sorry. Put this in the "do it yourself" category.

19 hours ago, Jacktical said:

@AlphaMensae would it be possible to get a variant of the small and medium launch bases without the wheels? Would make them a lot more general use :) 

They were designed to be a mobile platform, so that's why they only have wheels. The Small base was in fact intended for Atlas V and Ariane 5, both of which use a mobile platform.

Posted (edited)

Did a point update release, v2.6.2

• Revamp of the included craft files. Removed the mod rocket parts to create Bare Assemblies with only the Modular Launch Pads parts. Moved the Stock Examples into a separate folder. Added some RSS-RO examples in another folder

Many of the old mod rocket files were becoming broken, and with more getting broken as the mods continue to make major changes to their parts,  I didn't want to update them, so I decided to just get rid of the mod parts and leave the MLP parts as a "Bare Assembly". No rocket is included, just attach the assembly to the designated rocket (the Merge function should make this easy).

I added another Stock Example file; these use only stock parts and are not meant to be good designs but just to show how to put th MLP parts together. I also added some examples for RSS-RO, ones I've launched in my sandbox RSS-RO install.

The craft files are now in their own separate folders under "Craft Files" in the .zip, so you don't put RSS-RO files in a stock install and vice-versa.

Edited by AlphaMensae

• 3 weeks later...

recently found that the launchpads are not occluded from the contracts that make you fetch things from orbit.

got a warm supprise when i rendezvous with the part in orbit and then switched to the "craft" i had to recover which brought the thing i had to recover to a surface velocity of zero messing up the entire contract possibly until the end of times

i'm assuming the launchpad base stays at a surface velocity of zero no matter what, so thats fun.

actually never mind the base being in a weird "landed" state makes the contract really easy

@AlphaMensae not sure if you are aware of this ( ik you are active in bdb's forum occasionally but I don't think this has been brought up there) but the atlas launch stand doesn't line up correctly with the atlas revamp that they currently have on the dev branch. can we assume that there is going to be an update to the atlas stand so that the pipes and such line up after the revamp? 

2 hours ago, x170doom said:

@AlphaMensae not sure if you are aware of this ( ik you are active in bdb's forum occasionally but I don't think this has been brought up there) but the atlas launch stand doesn't line up correctly with the atlas revamp that they currently have on the dev branch. can we assume that there is going to be an update to the atlas stand so that the pipes and such line up after the revamp? 

I'll have to take a look at it then. Depending on much of a difference there is, I might be able to just make the stand's pipes adjustable with sliders, as they are already separate objects (to enable toggling them off).