What you think about my plane, it's my first plane since long time

So cute!

Tips to prevent crashes: I think the distance between forward landing gear and rear landing gear is too short. Make a longer fuselage, because shorter fuselage, especially with landing gears attached too close is prone to unstable landing. Generally, you want the rear landing gear touch the runway first before starting to pitch down and bringing the forward landing gear to the runway. Shorter fuselage makes this harder, make a longer one for easier landing (don't make it too long, though, it'll be prone to tailstrike)

still, it's so small, chubby and cute :)

The main gear to the back are too close together, in particularly. The closer the rear gear are to one another, the more tendency your craft will have to become unstable. Think of it as being the differnce between a tricycle and a bicycle. And in your case, the rear gear is so close together, it doesn't have the stability of the craft's own center of mass on the rear wheels. Try moving them to the wings and try to keep them about a fuselage and a half apart. You'll not have the tendency to roll on the runway during landing.

5 hours ago, ARS said:

So cute!

Tips to prevent crashes: I think the distance between forward landing gear and rear landing gear is too short. Make a longer fuselage, because shorter fuselage, especially with landing gears attached too close is prone to unstable landing. Generally, you want the rear landing gear touch the runway first before starting to pitch down and bringing the forward landing gear to the runway. Shorter fuselage makes this harder, make a longer one for easier landing (don't make it too long, though, it'll be prone to tailstrike)

still, it's so small, chubby and cute :)

it was inspired by this plane  

Mig15_picto.jpg

Mig - 15 :) 

Edited by Pawelk198604

Small, fast aircrafts are hard to fly using keyboards. Get yourself a Joystick, or use some autopilot to do the heavy lifting for you.

Inclined landing gears are less stable, in my experience. I would attach the landing gears laterally on fuselage. You would have the same wheel span, but the aircraft would be lower.

A setup que works for me is using the main gears under the wings (steering disabled), and then use a small, steering wheel on the tail - biplane style. That small landing gear hold well up to under Mach 2 - but heat up and explode above that.

Edited by Lisias
bad grammar. X-(

Here, something like this:

e4zrEH0Ak_n3EedP9Nf2IRXfobGPaPWz5viHgB0dXBf6cuLRQHfPm2-C42Qi3jpSE_qrPjJeegGUhZTi

Tail wheels can be dangerous when just wounded.  As you get speed, the tail looses friction and you will have to rely only in the yaw stabilizers to keep the plane on track, what usually demands a bigger yaw stabilizer. The faster you need to be on the runway, the bigger the tail. Give it more authority too, and use SAS on taking off (or an autopilot).

You will, also, need to trim the wheel's spring and dumper.

This also limits seriously the landing speed. Land too fast, and the plane will flip over hits side - exactly what happened on you, as it appears.

o71I2Ofc_nIIe6qKq4GWdz9DP5OS5kZM4DufA_le

Note the engine heat up - it will blow way before the landing gear, as it appears! :-)

Oh, I forgot. :-)

A nice way to testing landing gears is to take off and, as soon as you rise about 5 meters, cut the engine and let the plane fall off slowly (or not). User KER (as I do) and monitor the vertical speed.

Touch down in many vertical speeds to figure out when the thing breaks, when it bounces and if you need to trim the springs and dumpers. :-)

Hey, I managed to stabilize the design! Use a Standard Canard as Yaw Stabilizer (it's even bigger that the part I used before) with 150% authority. use SAS, set the spring/dumpers to 1 & 1.4 on the main gears and 0.7 & 1.2 on the tail wheel, and I managed to reach 134 m/s on a speedrun on the runway without crashing! 

That's more than enough for landing and take of!

j6lYJIn1sv0BiEMQx_2z5GZI8q9k8hh9cg5Hut2P

Edited by Lisias

16 hours ago, Lisias said:

Small, fast aircrafts are hard to fly using keyboards. Get yourself a Joystick, or use some autopilot to do the heavy lifting for you.

Inclined landing gears are less stable, in my experience. I would attach the landing gears laterally on fuselage. You would have the same wheel span, but the aircraft would be lower.

A setup que works for me is using the main gears under the wings (steering disabled), and then use a small, steering wheel on the tail - biplane style. That small landing gear hold well up to under Mach 2 - but heat up and explode above that.

I bought XBOX 360 controller for Windows, but how to configure it?

I bought Flight Simulator World, and already had Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam edition, i spend literally thousands of hours in Original  Flight Simulator X: Acceleration :D 

I bought also Xplane 11, but later i returned because it was so difficult to fly it on the keyboard, so i returned it, as kid i loved X-Plane because it had X-15 :D but i returned it because i can design my very own X-15 on KSP :) 

I plan to buy it when it would be on discount :D          

2 minutes ago, Pawelk198604 said:

I bought XBOX 360 controller for Windows, but how to configure it?

Using a gamepad is like playing with radio controlled aircrafts. Nice for a few minutes, but... :-)

I'm using this mod , and I suggest you to use something like it while you don't decide what to do. It will help *A LOT*.

1 hour ago, Lisias said:

Using a gamepad is like playing with radio controlled aircrafts. Nice for a few minutes, but... :-)

I'm using this mod , and I suggest you to use something like it while you don't decide what to do. It will help *A LOT*.

Does this is unlockable via tech tree ?

Just now, Lisias said:

No. It's something you "install" into the game.

I know that, i used MechJeb a lot, but for now since release of making history i do clean install and decided no install mods whatsoever, but it so lame without them especially without KerbalEnigneer :D 

But MechJeb in career mode had need to be unlocked.

I play mainly on Sandbox nowadays.

Waiting for a stable release before expending time on Career. Things blowing up from nothing on sandbox is fun. But on career not that much! =P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.