[1.3.x/1.4.x/1.5.x/1.6.x/1.7.x/1.8.x/1.9.x] B9 Procedural Wings Fork - Go big or go home update (40% larger wings)

Jebman82

1 minute ago, NathanKell said:

@linuxgurugamer
Glad to see this getting organized! It was seriously worrying to see CKAN indexing multiple forks under the same mod ID. A quick question about the new org's repo: is it intentional there is no Issues category? I'd like to log an issue regarding craft size detection. The way craft size is computed it just merges the bounds of all MeshRenderers and SkinnedMeshRenderers on all parts. Since the reported bounds are wrong in some cases (check the engineer report), I think there must be a mesh that is not having RecalculateBounds run on it, or there is a SkinnedMeshRenderer with updateWhenOffscreen not set to true.

Issues now there, was an oversight

12 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New beta, 0.43.0.7

• Restored missing localization lines

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cv762xyldfqu005/B9_Aerospace_ProceduralWings-0.43.0.7-BETA.zip?dl=0

I am especially interested in testing this without FAR installed.  Please let me know, if all goes well, I'll be able to release this in a few days

Hmm, B9-PWings-Fork 0.43.0.7 copied into GameData verbatim is not loading (this is 1.11.2 on Linux):

[ERR 20:24:53.894] MechJeb caught a ReflectionTypeLoadException. Those DLL are not built for this KSP version:

[ERR 20:24:53.894] B9-PWings-Fork 0.43.0.7 GameData/B9_Aerospace_ProceduralWings/Plugins/B9-PWings-Fork.dll

Load hangs right near the end of the loading phase at "Verifying Expansion: Breaking Ground". The above error repeated, and then it gets really broken later in the log as it can't find various parts.

Reverted back to 0.43.0.6 from GitHub and that loaded fine.

Deleted 0.43.0.6, and double checked placing 0.43.0.7 back, just to make sure I wasn't doing something silly, same issue. Included KSP.log - but I'm guessing it may be obvious?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jtozpuqy01oylz9/KSP.log?dl=0

I checked GitHub source code - nothing obvious, but then again I don't think your recent changes have been pushed up?

Edited by 610yesnolovely

15 hours ago, 610yesnolovely said:

Hmm, B9-PWings-Fork 0.43.0.7 copied into GameData verbatim is not loading (this is 1.11.2 on Linux):

[ERR 20:24:53.894] MechJeb caught a ReflectionTypeLoadException. Those DLL are not built for this KSP version:

[ERR 20:24:53.894] B9-PWings-Fork 0.43.0.7 GameData/B9_Aerospace_ProceduralWings/Plugins/B9-PWings-Fork.dll

Load hangs right near the end of the loading phase at "Verifying Expansion: Breaking Ground". The above error repeated, and then it gets really broken later in the log as it can't find various parts.

Reverted back to 0.43.0.6 from GitHub and that loaded fine.

Deleted 0.43.0.6, and double checked placing 0.43.0.7 back, just to make sure I wasn't doing something silly, same issue. Included KSP.log - but I'm guessing it may be obvious?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jtozpuqy01oylz9/KSP.log?dl=0

I checked GitHub source code - nothing obvious, but then again I don't think your recent changes have been pushed up?

Install FAR and try again, please

Re. Github code, which repo did you look at?

14 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Install FAR and try again, please

Re. Github code, which repo did you look at?

https://github.com/B9-Procedural-Wings/B9-PWings-Modified - master branch - which is where I got 0.43.0.6 - from you previous beta test post which worked without FAR.

Later today once I'm back from work - I'll try FAR with 0.43.0.7 and only require deps in another copy of KSP vanilla, I'll also try FAR in my main test copy (there's probably 90 mods also). Appreciate the effort in trying to get this all working (and on the 100+ other mods you look after).

Edited by 610yesnolovely

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I suspect that it will work with FAR.  Something I need to look at

I tried a fresh KSP Vanilla + ModuleManager + MechJeb - loaded via CKAN and B9 43.07 - fails same way. Adding FAR via CKAN and it is indeed happy.

I then double checked with my 100+ mod test by adding FAR - and that also works. So whatever happened between 06 and 07 caused a regression requiring FAR again.

Interesting - the code in MechJeb that's complaining is run time loading all the MechJeb code, which loads FAR dynamically in VesselState.cs - I'm not too familar with C# assembly loading, but that's gotta be a headache to code for.

On 6/14/2021 at 6:03 PM, 610yesnolovely said:

I tried a fresh KSP Vanilla + ModuleManager + MechJeb - loaded via CKAN and B9 43.07 - fails same way. Adding FAR via CKAN and it is indeed happy.

I then double checked with my 100+ mod test by adding FAR - and that also works. So whatever happened between 06 and 07 caused a regression requiring FAR again.

Interesting - the code in MechJeb that's complaining is run time loading all the MechJeb code, which loads FAR dynamically in VesselState.cs - I'm not too familar with C# assembly loading, but that's gotta be a headache to code for.

Was a known issue, I've been working on it.

New BETA, 0.43.0.8

• Replaced embedded FAR references with Reflection calls

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j5ta1km7mi6nyqd/B9_Aerospace_ProceduralWings-0.43.0.8.zip?dl=0

Please test this both with and without FAR.  and if possible, both with and without MechJeb

Thank you

7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Please test this both with and without FAR.  and if possible, both with and without MechJeb

Tested (with 90+ of other mods), on Linux:

• No FAR, with MechJeb - load game, edit in SPH, launch - basic tests work. This is the combo that I'll be using from now on, for more thorough testing.
  • No FAR, without MechJeb - all above basic tests work.
  • FAR, with MechJeb - all above basic tests work.
  • FAR, without MechJeb - all above basic tests work.

Looking good! Nice.

On 6/18/2021 at 8:18 PM, 610yesnolovely said:

Tested (with 90+ of other mods), on Linux:

• No FAR, with MechJeb - load game, edit in SPH, launch - basic tests work. This is the combo that I'll be using from now on, for more thorough testing.
  • No FAR, without MechJeb - all above basic tests work.
  • FAR, with MechJeb - all above basic tests work.
  • FAR, without MechJeb - all above basic tests work.

Looking good! Nice.

Thank you for the through tests.

There is one open issue that I'm hoping someone will fix:

https://github.com/B9-Procedural-Wings/B9-PWings-Modified/issues/6

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2020 at 8:51 AM, CarnationRED said:

v1.0.0B Attachable all-moving wings, compatibility with OpenGL / Mac

This is my edit based on @Jebman82 's v1.0.0 B9PW, released under MIT license
Tested on Windows KSP1.9.1 and KSP1.10.1

New Feature
  1. You can now attach all-moving wings to all-movings, and they will share the same deflection if their rotaion axis are aligned

dlGtnmc.gif

Improvement
   1. Reducing sm target for compatibility with OpenGL / Mac, this fix was removed in v1.0.0

Demonstration

Reveal hidden contents
    J20EpOA.gif
    Edit using handles

r1fCWy6.gif  
  Axis locking  

MDxQuKJ.png    
Numeric Input (Press the "#" button)  

Changelog

Reveal hidden contents
v1.0.0A
 1.  Added handles for tweaking wing's shape
 2.  Added numeric input for precise edit  
 3.  It's now possible to create wings with offseted root, which allows all-moving wing's rotation hinge offseted
 4.  Frame drop when editing is now fixed
 5.  Reducing sm target for compatibility with OpenGL / Mac, this fix was removed in v1.0.0  
 6.  Handles is no longer mirrored on ctrl surface
 7.  Nudge buttons now work in numeric editing

Download

Source

So I tried this and it has the same problem with the wings being completely black on my computer as any other version of B9 Procedural Wings.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/11/2021 at 10:03 PM, Nyarlathotep- said:

So I tried this and it has the same problem with the wings being completely black on my computer as any other version of B9 Procedural Wings.

download the source, change sm target from 5.0 to 3.0 and build your own asset bundle may solve the problem.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.