[1.12.x] Bob's Panic Box

linuxgurugamer

With the number of mods you maintain and continue to develop, I find it hard to believe you don't already spend more hours in the day than actually exist. I have a private suspicion that you own a TARDIS. 

But for anyone else reading this thread... Support LGG and we get our own personal dev! 

Hey @linuxgurugamer!

I think I may have found another minor bug. Same install. I have the option to use the % of atmosphere selected and to disable at 66%. However, at 66,000m I received a notification that BPB was disabled due to passing the atmosphere limit. Screenshot and logs here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoyHZiRU1jT-zbdvjwKp-E8lUOXpGQ?e=OVFnec, although I didn't catch the message. I can repeat it as necessary.

Thank you!

Edited by eightiesboi

6 minutes ago, eightiesboi said:

Hey @linuxgurugamer!

I think I may have found another minor bug. Same install. I have the option to use the % of atmosphere selected and to disable at 66%. However, at 66,000m I received a notification that BPB was disabled due to passing the atmosphere limit. Screenshot and logs here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoyHZiRU1jT-zbdvjwKp-E8lUOXpGQ?e=OVFnec, although I didn't catch the message. I can repeat it as necessary.

Thank you!

Could you open a ticket on Github for this?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

@linuxgurugamer moding God I've noticed that after initial aboard sequence the second "parameter" won't kick in in full - it would show animation of opening top of the spike to jettison the LAS but that's it - it won't trigger the action group. Action group works as it can be triggered by pressing button on keyboard and it works perfectly. I've noticed it works at the first time when game is loaded and then it would stop - initial aboard sequence work all the time. Any chance you could look into it as i would love to forget about manual LAS and have piece of mind every time I'm launching something with Kerbals onboard.

1 hour ago, BR202A said:

@linuxgurugamer moding God I've noticed that after initial aboard sequence the second "parameter" won't kick in in full - it would show animation of opening top of the spike to jettison the LAS but that's it - it won't trigger the action group. Action group works as it can be triggered by pressing button on keyboard and it works perfectly. I've noticed it works at the first time when game is loaded and then it would stop - initial aboard sequence work all the time. Any chance you could look into it as i would love to forget about manual LAS and have piece of mind every time I'm launching something with Kerbals onboard.

Not sure I understand, could you do a video to show ?

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/17/2020 at 12:23 PM, Murdabenne said:

I'll be testing this in 1.9.1 this weekend.  Hopefully, no worries.  I'll edit this if nothing is found, or post a reply with logs (and a PR if neccesary) if I break something.

I'm assuming since this post wasn't edited or replied to that there turned out to be a MASSIVE issue that attained consciousness, which then constituted itself into physical being which ate @Murdabenne before they were able to post.

That tracks right?

Is this functional with KSP v1.11?

Massive issue? Sort of.  (COVID 19 related below)

Spoiler

warning TMI, rant/dump

I  am a Registered Nurse, ICU and Progressive Care units.  I used to be all about cardiac medicine. But COVID-19 changed everything.   Its been hard personally seeing a lot of people suffer and die.  Even when I was in  the military (Army medic ) it wasn't this bad maybe because combat death tends to be rapid.  Also, in the military, the dead there were dead for a reason: on our side, we volunteered to be there -- a risk we took on when we signed up.  On their side, they choose to fight.  From my perspective if someone tries to kill innocent civilians, someone tries to kill me or my comrades, or someone tries to kill international health/civic workers who are there to help? They will likely be killed - usually pretty quickly because bombs and bullets do that.  And if you're not killed outright, no matter which side you are on, I and other medics can usually save you because we have techniques, skills, equipment, and medicine which all work.

But not COVID19.  It is relentless, painful and a relatively slow way to die.  Civilians. People who didn't do anything to deserve this,  granny/grandpa or mom/dad, dying by slowly drowning, strangling to death by their own fluids, with their families not allowed to see them.  Day after day of slow death and so frustrating that nothing we were doing was working, all we could do is try to make them comfortable and make sure they didn't die alone.  Imagine doing that that for months.  COVID19 has been awful for hospital staff, especially nurses - a lot of my colleagues have been sick, and a few of them seriously ill, and some of those dying well before their time.  The PTSD is real, in some ways worse than that of my combat tours. At least combat you come home from and leave that behind.  As a nurse you don't leave it some other continent, you go back in every day you work, and see it again every time.  Once this pandemic resolves, there are going to be a lot of nurses and doctors and tech dealing with PTSD, and I expect a fair number will leave their profession.

Anyway, it worked OK back then, and I havent upgraded to 1.11 yet, waiting for my most vital mods: Kopernicus and OPM (and Research Bodies).  All of Roverdude's stuff being updated was such a great treat!  Anyway, I suspect this should work OK. 

Edited by Murdabenne

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2021 at 3:54 AM, Xeithr said:

I need you help here's my ksp log file https://mega.nz/file/5Tx2xbgB#BuhEhT36TVnrgd44XmLOz_7xl2WaUTb8RszKxXia2eY, as I can't play ksp until it's fixed

(asked for help in tweakscale's thread and was directed here)

Would be nice to know what the problem is

Also, the Player.log is preferred

On 9/16/2021 at 3:54 AM, Xeithr said:

I need you help here's my ksp log file https://mega.nz/file/5Tx2xbgB#BuhEhT36TVnrgd44XmLOz_7xl2WaUTb8RszKxXia2eY, as I can't play ksp until it's fixed

(asked for help in tweakscale's thread and was directed here)

I decided to look at the file.

Your problem is simple, you obviously didn't install this via CKAN.

It's very obvious when you look at the log file:

[WRN 11:15:20.391] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'BobsPanicBox' has not met dependency 'ClickThroughBlocker' V1.0.0

[WRN 11:15:20.391] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'BobsPanicBox' has not met dependency 'ToolbarController' V1.0.0

[WRN 11:15:20.391] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'BobsPanicBox' is missing 2 dependencies

You didn't install the dependencies

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Ok, so why does the fact that you are getting "B9PartSwitch - Fatal Error" require that you clutter up this thread, which has absolutely nothing to do with B9?

And, did you even try to look at your log file? 

Based on everything I'm seeing, you very obviously did not follow ANY instructions for  many if not all of the mods you are trying to use.

And you seem to not bother reading anything in any thread.

All I'll say, is that you need to install ZeroMiniAVC to get rid of all  the MiniAVC errors, which has been well publicized on the forums.  

Maybe installing everything using CKAN in a new install to be sure that everything is installed correctly along with all the required dependencies would be useful.

In fact, I'd say that your current installation is totally broken.  I see another mod which you again installed incorrectly (BOMPs), and I'm not going to look at anything else.

Start over with a clean install, use CKAN to install it all and I think you will have a much better experience

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.