Coming Soon™ . . . Races!

@Gaarst do you have name suggestion for the Paul Kerbin track ?

Now I'm still not sure on how to launch this challenge.

Open entry is the easiest way to go, but not really what I want.

Also, it looks like there are only about 3-5 people interested in doing 6 laps on 12 tracks.

I don't know, kinda stuck...

Maybe we should only go for fastest laps and see about the 6 lap racing later.

Edited by Triop

8 minutes ago, Triop said:

@Gaarst do you have name suggestion for the Paul Kerbin track ?

Not really no, I kinda ran out. I'll try to think of something.

Now I'm still not sure on how to launch this challenge.

Open entry is the easiest way to go, but not really what I want.

Also, it looks like there are only about 3-5 people interested in doing 6 laps on 12 tracks.

I don't know, kinda stuck...

A challenge thread instead of a "coming soon" preparation thread may get more people interested. So once the details are sorted out, make a thread for the challenge proper, give a deadline before which people have to sign up and hope for the best?

2 minutes ago, Gaarst said:

A challenge thread instead of a "coming soon" preparation thread may get more people interested. So once the details are sorted out, make a thread for the challenge proper, give a deadline before which people have to sign up and hope for the best?

This thread is only for setting this up, I know that every time I launch a challenge unprepared I get the most stupid questions about using mods by people who are not even trying the challenge.

I will launch the challenge tomorrow, I want it out there for the weekend hoping people will have time to even read it. :lol:

I guess it will be open for all categories and mods, fastest laps only (total of 12 tracks).

If that goes well maybe we get more drivers and we can start some sort of organized Formula one racing. :cool:

1 hour ago, Triop said:

I guess it will be open for all categories and mods, fastest laps only (total of 12 tracks).

If that goes well maybe we get more drivers and we can start some sort of organized Formula one racing. :cool:

I'm thinking there could be three categories: One for marathon style (go through all tracks, no resets), one for track championships (one grand prix), and one for hot laps (overall lap times). That should suit people of all racing tastes, but I think the 'hot laps' will be the most popular by far. 

1 hour ago, prgmTrouble said:

I'm thinking there could be three categories: One for marathon style (go through all tracks, no resets), one for track championships (one grand prix), and one for hot laps (overall lap times). That should suit people of all racing tastes, but I think the 'hot laps' will be the most popular by far.

"Hot Laps"

Thanks, you just gave me the title for the challenge. :cool: I was going for "The fastest lap" but that sounds boring . . .

I'm tweaking the challenge as we speak, it's going up tonight.

I'm going for an open entry to see who can dedicate to this, if we get 6 or more people who are willing to commit to 12 races, 6 laps each, I'll put up a new challenge.

Old fooks might get this . . . ^_^

giphy.gif

Edited by Triop

@Triop Hey, I know you already have your 12, but I wanted to try out the mod. I noticed none of the 12 used the launchpad area, so I gave it a shot. It's not Isle Of Man, but there are some dirty obstacles and gate placement in there for rovers doing 30+. If you have time to drive and critique it, I'd much appreciate it. :)

dUQYSnk.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kyuz6t1hyoq4713/Barbell.krt?dl=0

Edited by FleshJeb
Tweaked a couple of gates

I had some spare time tonight.......

zNXQizc.png

Weight: 0.568 tonnes (568 kilograms, about 1200 pounds)
Power: Fuel cell electric, 4 wheel Independent motor drive
Top speed: 32 m/s (max speed in corners: 29 m/s)

........I'm ready. Bring it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.