I can't dock

Greetings! I was trying to dock 2 stations together on a munar orbit, but even though the magnetism from the docking ports pulls them together, they don't connect.

I thought there was something in the way of the docking ports, but there is nothing blocking the two from connecting, then, I verified the game integrity, and there were 2 issues, but didn't have anything to do with docking ports since i can't still connect. 

The mods I have installed are the Near Future mods (all of them), [x] Science!, FAR, SCANsat, and Kerbal Engineer. Maybe one of these is causing a problem with docking ports?

The version of ksp i'm running is 1.4.5 and here's a few screenshots of the situation.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1534189373

Thanks for your time.

Edited by simao006

25 minutes ago, Xd the great said:

Would you verify that 2 fuel tanks can be docked with nothing blocking in the way? 

Well, I just tried that at the runway and it worked with no problem. i always wondered if it were those lights because in the screenshots you can see the docking ports slightly disaligned, even though they are pulling towards each other. is there a way to fix it? Because i can't revert to the launchpad or the vab anymore :/

2 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

Please confirm this is not the issue:

c59QvPn.png

This is the #1 cause of "I can't dock" threads on here.    So don't feel insulted for me suggesting it, or feel bad when you realize that's what happened.  :D

Thanks for the suggestion, but this isn't the case, as you can see in the screenshots, they were positioned correctly :p

54 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

It's not a great solution but you could send up an adapter that's just 2 docking ports on either side of a structural part, so those solar panels and lights are given a bit more room.

SHIP ][ SHIP

turns into

SHIP][-----][SHIP

If OP isn't opposed to a few more mods, a little surgery with KIS/KAS could also have the same effect without having extra docked joints.

1 hour ago, 5thHorseman said:

It's not a great solution but you could send up an adapter that's just 2 docking ports on either side of a structural part, so those solar panels and lights are given a bit more room.

SHIP ][ SHIP

turns into

SHIP][-----][SHIP

18 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

If OP isn't opposed to a few more mods, a little surgery with KIS/KAS could also have the same effect without having extra docked joints.

Thank you so much for the help, I ended up using KIS to do a little surgery, although in my opinion the adapter will work just as well.

Now I know, no putting too many things around the ports :p

Thank you all for your time, you saved me some science, a mission, and time!:D

Edited by simao006

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.