[1.8.1-1] [PLEASE FORK ME] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

Thomas P.

Hi, I may have found a problem in the source code here.

The function in the link is meant to calculate PhysicsGlobals.SolarLuminosity (the star radiosity, in W) from the active star irradiance at 1 AU ('luminosity', in W/m²). Now, in that function 1 AU is interpreted to be the home body SMA. However, someone along the way added a 'sunAU' field to the body specifications. That field was probably meant to allow to set a star radiosity to a precise value indirectly, given that there is no way to specify it directly. In any case, the sunAU field value is not being considered in the linked function. This will lead to incorrect radiosity any time that the sunAU field value of any star doesn't match the home body SMA.

Edited by ShotgunNinja

On 4/24/2017 at 11:26 AM, StarCrusher96 said:

Hi

Since the latest version of KSS I got the report that a few players are no longer able to focus/click/select any of the planets/moons while in map-mode. The weird thing is that only a few have this and not all the others.

I was able to find the lines saying this problem does occur but I'm not able to find what causes it. 

Reveal hidden contents

Exception handling event OnCBIconClicked in class SpaceTracking:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PlanetariumCamera.GetTargetIndex (System.String targetName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PlanetariumCamera.SetTarget (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PlanetariumCamera.SetTarget (.CelestialBody body) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.Screens.SpaceTracking.onCBIconClicked (.CelestialBody data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[CelestialBody].Fire (.CelestialBody data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PlanetariumCamera.GetTargetIndex (System.String targetName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PlanetariumCamera.SetTarget (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PlanetariumCamera.SetTarget (.CelestialBody body) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.Screens.SpaceTracking.onCBIconClicked (.CelestialBody data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[CelestialBody].Fire (.CelestialBody data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
EventData`1:Fire(CelestialBody)
OrbitRenderer:objectNode_OnClick(MapNode, Buttons)
KSP.UI.Screens.Mapview.MapNode:OnPointerUp(PointerEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(IPointerUpHandler, BaseEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(GameObject, BaseEventData, EventFunction`1)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMousePress(MouseButtonEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent(Int32)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:Process()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

Here is one of the OutputLogs I received.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1a475g3x034c0j5/output_log.txt?dl=1

Thx in advance!

Is there anybody that could possibly look into this? There is a small number of us who have a problem in the tracking station and map where focusing on a planet / moon is non-functional since upgrading to Kerbal Star System 0.6

The problem is on a fresh stock install of KSP and using only KSS and Kopernicus. According to Starcrusher, It's not a problem for most of the users, but there is a handful of us that have the problem and it makes gameplay impractical. I have installed fresh instances of KSP on THREE different computers at THREE different locations and I have the problem on ALL THREE computers!

The problem does not exist when Kopernicus is the only mod installed (without KSS) but as soon as I install KSS the problem comes back. 

Without this core functionality, KSP remains unplayable... Anyone? :blush:;.;

Question, I am attempting to make Jupiter from the RSS mod more oblate to see if it is possible to make highly oblate planets, But I keep tinkering with the values and am just getting radius expansions or the radius shrinks. Can someone help me?

44 minutes ago, Galacticvoyager said:

Question, I am attempting to make Jupiter from the RSS mod more oblate to see if it is possible to make highly oblate planets, But I keep tinkering with the values and am just getting radius expansions or the radius shrinks. Can someone help me?

There's a PQSMod called VertexHeightOblate as far as i know. You can experiment with it with Kittopia ingame, then grab the values and put them into a config.

22 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

There's a PQSMod called VertexHeightOblate as far as i know. You can experiment with it with Kittopia ingame, then grab the values and put them into a config.

Can you provide me a config please? If we can get an oblate planet... Then the second stage can be initiated... (Getting a rocky planet to be oblate...)

Edited by Planetace

6 minutes ago, Galacticvoyager said:

Can you provide me a config please? If we can get an oblate planet... Then the second stage can be initiated... (Getting a rocky planet to be oblate...)

current Jupiter is already oblate in RSS, there's even a config called Jupiter_Oblate or something like that

Just now, Sigma88 said:

current Jupiter is already oblate in RSS, there's even a config called Jupiter_Oblate or something like that

I know that, I am just trying to increase its oblateness to see if its possible

1 minute ago, Galacticvoyager said:

I know that, I am just trying to increase its oblateness to see if its possible

in the vertexheightoblate mod you have a parameter called height

if you increase that it will increase oblateness, if you decrease that it will make it more spherical

there are a decent number of mods out there that make oblate planets, both gas giants and rocky planets

1 minute ago, Sigma88 said:

in the vertexheightoblate mod you have a parameter called height

if you increase that it will increase oblateness, if you decrease that it will make it more spherical

there are a decent number of mods out there that make oblate planets, both gas giants and rocky planets

Thank you. Ill test this at once!

My idea is for a super fast spinning hyper rocky world (about the mass of several jools, and maybe jupiters if I make a RSS version.) Of which has mighty rings and a large system of moons. After that Ill test on roche worlds.

Erm, jupiter is at its normal oblateness despite me increasing the height in VertexHeightOblate, can you tell me what lines to alter?

Edited by Planetace

15 minutes ago, Galacticvoyager said:

Guys?

"Patience, Zip. This wil be a long trip otherwise."

In all seriousness, patience amigo. Especially if your last post was only 15 minutes earlier.

Either way, did you add the PQS itself? Without a PQS the PQSMods won't do anything either. Add this.

PQS
		{
			materialType = AtmosphericOptimized
			Mods
			{
			}
		}

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.