[Prototype][1.7.x] EVA Info Pane [ v0.0.2 @ 2019-05-07 ]

cakepie

QAgbrBf.png
EVA Info Pane
v0.0.2 @ 2019-05-07

This mod is in a prototype stage. It currently only has very barebones functionality and may be somewhat buggy.
It is nonetheless being offered for download as a pre-release as it may be of use even in its current embryonic state.
The final product will obviously be much more polished and configurable.

Please do not bother me with feature requests at this time.
I have already planned this out mod thoroughly and have 3 pages of design notes to work through and implement.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

nw6aGur.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Acknowledgements

Thanks to @xEvilReeperx for assistance with a crucial technical gotcha.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

License

All rights reserved

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Download

EVA Info Pane v0.0.2 for KSP 1.7.x
(probably backward compatible, I haven't checked)

Dependencies:
Community Trait Icons is required and must be obtained separately.

Installation:
Delete older version, if any.
Place contents of GameData into your installation's GameData folder.

Source: GitHub

Changelog:

v0.0.2 ~ 2019-05-07 ~ KSP 1.7.x
Prototype

v0.0.1 ~ 2019-05-01 ~ KSP 1.7.x
Prototype

Edited by cakepie
v0.0.2

Not a suggestion or feature request so don't take me seriously but I just NEED to throw this out here:

It would be epic if this mod presented an API for life support mods to tap into, and placed an extra icon above kerbals' heads. This icon could easily shift between many colors, or several icons could appear as various negative (or positive) statuses occurred. This would be most useful to habitation mods that do add many negative statuses like Kerbalism, Kerbal Health and USI. You could then tell at a glance who ate the last of their snacks (or had their bathroom moment) and is on EVA too long, or who's been poisoned by space radiation or otherwise.

Anyone who has played The Sims will understand. ;)

I welcome interest / support, but seriously:

On 5/1/2019 at 1:37 AM, cakepie said:

Not accepting feature requests at this time.

There are a variety of reasons why that is specifically highlighted.

Rant:

Spoiler

I also clearly highlight that status is WIP and not feature-complete and no tech support is forthcoming at this time.

Why? Reasons include (but are not limited to):

1. Things are very much WIP, odds are that any bug report / enhancement request is already a known issue / unfinished implementation / planned feature.
2. I've thought carefully about what I want the mod to accomplish. As a matter of courtesy, at least let me finish implementing my vision before passing critique or asking for stuff you want.
3. Although I am happy to share ongoing progress and functioning prototypes for folks savvy enough to use and benefit from them, my time is better spent on development than tech support / community management.
4. As long as this is still licensed AAR, prevents any issue arising over ownership of ideas. (This is similar to why some authors/artists of ongoing series insulate themselves from fan-created content.)

4 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Not a suggestion or feature request...

That is totally a feature request.  :mad:

Which is already on my design doc, and being carefully planned for in terms of API etc. And has actually been mentioned elsewhere so I can prove it.
Not that that's any promise of if/when the feature would actually arrive.

Spoiler

https://i.imgur.com/yFXyzDH.png

I'd like to keep the thread open so people can subscribe and be notified when I post updates or release newer prototypes.
Please don't make me lock the thread.

Edited by cakepie
phrasing

I don't think anyone in this thread has said you steal someone's idea... Btw how can I find the design doc/roadmap? Or we're not supposed to read it?

Edited by ssd21345

@cakepie Heh. Sorry. :) I did drop an explicit "disclaimer" my post when I said "so don't take me seriously," with the hope that you would see that I was jesting. I know very well the situation of being bombed and irritated with feature requests. I'm sorry if I legit angered you.

It's nice to know you have that kind of protection in place and well in advance for your ideas.

1 hour ago, ssd21345 said:

I don't think anyone in this thread has said you steal someone's idea...

Poor choice of wording. What I meant is there is proof I have not only already thought of it but am way ahead in terms of considering how it needs to be architected and implemented and deployed.

1 hour ago, ssd21345 said:

how can I find the design doc/roadmap? Or we're not supposed to read it?

It is messy scrawlings on note paper I did over lunch. I can't be bothered to turn that into something presentable/legible, would rather use my time actually making the mod.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.