KSP Loading... Preview: Breaking Ground - Robotics / Mecha build

St4rdust

5 hours ago, Frank_G said:

Looking forward to see that awesome model in a fully articulated version. o7

So. Many. Things. To. Build! I'm working on my constellation stuff again. Pray for me. And my sanity. :confused:

22 hours ago, Xavven said:

I'm curious -- with bipedal walkers, you need to shift your center of gravity when you lift up one leg, and then shift it again when you plant it and lift your other leg. I'm not necessarily seeing that handled in this clip. Is it something we need to account for or does the game fudge it for us?

In other words, if you just lift up one leg, you should fall over.

It's a cop-out, but on cheap toys they just make the feet wide enough to support standing on one leg.

$_35.JPG

That's what I did for the mecha-pigeon.  I agree with fourfa, if we need a swinging weight, someone, somewhere will do it.

This will clearly revolutionize KSP

One week ago, EJSA’s reuseable rocket program with a working transporter to put a rocket on the launch pad: Gasp! Amazing!

One week from now: a crawler that walks a rocket to the launch pad and then lobs it 2km into the atmosphere like a javelin, just to give it some extra oomph: meh.

Looking forward to Minmus mining operations that catapult onnager trebuchet their cargo into orbit*

*yes, I know that’s only possible with a small burn at apoapsis. But the majority of the work would still be done by some siege machine contraption.

32 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

This will clearly revolutionize KSP

One week ago, EJSA’s reuseable rocket program with a working transporter to put a rocket on the launch pad: Gasp! Amazing!

One week from now: a crawler that walks a rocket to the launch pad and then lobs it 2km into the atmosphere like a javelin, just to give it some extra oomph: meh.

Looking forward to Minmus mining operations that catapult onnager trebuchet their cargo into orbit*

*yes, I know that’s only possible with a small burn at apoapsis. But the majority of the work would still be done by some siege machine contraption.

Launch the cargo at minmus's escape velocity :) (242 m/s ^^) you'll get into kerbin's orbit without needing to circularise :) (with enough initial speed, right ejection angle and timing, might even be theoretically feasible to lower the resulting orbit into kerbin's atmo for aerobraking the cargo ;) 

On 5/27/2019 at 2:44 PM, Rejected Spawn said:

Meanwhile my poor Kerbals are gazing at the horizon, wishing the 30th would come sooner. Also if someone knows the hotkey for timewarp outside KSP please post.

nobotsyet.jpg

I think I'm going to print this and hang it on my wall... lmao... too cute!!!

5 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

I think I'm going to print this and hang it on my wall... lmao... too cute!!!

I enjoy getting reactions and I also love cute stuff, been plotting adorable shenanigans ever since I caught wind of the incoming DLC :D 

You'd probably fall off your chair if you saw what I'm building in real life though, I'm using a 3D printer to make a media player that's taller than me and I'm bringing it to a festival... the theme is death metal. (No kerbals were harmed during its development, those adorable doofuses will never be in danger if I have anything to say about it.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.