KSP 2 is on the first page of Steam's most wishlisted games

GoldForest

10 minutes ago, ChrisSpace said:

Any bets on where it'll be on the list when it's released? I'm guessing 5th-15th place.

Not that far to go. It's currently 21st. Which it showed numbers of how many times its been wishlisted.

Edited by GoldForest

19 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Lists you didn't know existed but aren't surprised to find they do.

And it's #20 now.

It and Dwarf Fortress are on my personal Wishlist.

still 21 for me. You must have a title not showing. 

I have just KSP 2 on my wishlist. If you want KSP 2 at the top, make dummy accounts!

Just kidding, don't do that.

"We're not saying you should do that, only that you can do that."

(Quote: Top Gear) (Good top gear)

Edited by Concodroid

Some people (read: me) only use the Steam wishlist as the only viable way to get promptly notified of price changes (read: sales). Games have been 'living' on my wishlist awaiting an acceptable price drop for years. So, I wouldn't take wishlisting as indication of how quickly people will buy a game. It may just mean 'might become interested if the price drops enough'.

29 minutes ago, swjr-swis said:

Some people (read: me) only use the Steam wishlist as the only viable way to get promptly notified of price changes (read: sales).

This is before the game's released. So most likely people saw it and wishlisted it simply because they want it. A year after the game's release, however, your explanation is perfect.

Edited by Concodroid

Either way, it's an indication of *interest* in the game.  That interest may not translate to sales directly - but I bet Valve can give you a decent estimate of the average ratio.

Also, there's more stats behind that wishlist - I've read someplace that if you set your platform, developers can see how many people are interested in your game on different platforms.  (So I've set my platform to Mac, and have wishlisted several Windows-only games - if they ever decide to port to Mac, I'll probably get them.  Otherwise, if they're still for sale in five-six years, I may try playing them in emulation if there's a good sale.)

2 hours ago, DStaal said:

Either way, it's an indication of *interest* in the game.  That interest may not translate to sales directly - but I bet Valve can give you a decent estimate of the average ratio.

Also, there's more stats behind that wishlist - I've read someplace that if you set your platform, developers can see how many people are interested in your game on different platforms.  (So I've set my platform to Mac, and have wishlisted several Windows-only games - if they ever decide to port to Mac, I'll probably get them.  Otherwise, if they're still for sale in five-six years, I may try playing them in emulation if there's a good sale.)

Windows Virtual Machine. Good way to play windows games on Mac.

25 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Windows Virtual Machine. Good way to play windows games on Mac.

That would be what I meant by emulation.  ;)  There's a bit of performance hit however - so I typically wait until the performance hit isn't noticeable.

• 4 weeks later...

It's a bit sad actually that there are no *new* games at all on my wishlist:

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord (sequel)
Kerbal Space Program 2 (sequel)
Dwarf Fortress (platform release)
+ a couple of Cities: Skyliines DLC that I might buy on sale.

On 4 October 2019 at 8:38 PM, GoldForest said:

https://store.steampowered.com/search/?filter=popularwishlist

Just had a look, KSP 2 is now 15th or 16th most whitelisted. Come on guys, let's get it to top ten status!

It'll slowly make it's way up as games further up the list get released. New gameplay footage or some other excitement-inducing event would also be very helpful.

3 minutes ago, ChrisSpace said:

It'll slowly make it's way up as games further up the list get released. New gameplay footage or some other excitement-inducing event would also be very helpful.

I counted six games that are due to come out before March 2020, so it will be ninth when it releases, but I would like to see it in the top ten by the end of the year, heck, I would like to see it make top five by February. 

On 9/7/2019 at 12:18 AM, DStaal said:

That would be what I meant by emulation.  ;)  There's a bit of performance hit however - so I typically wait until the performance hit isn't noticeable.

Mac also uses x86 cpu's so its just an way to load another OS or another setup. Many application servers uses virtualization to insulate applications from each other so its not an major performance hit. 

37 minutes ago, magnemoe said:

Mac also uses x86 cpu's so its just an way to load another OS or another setup. Many application servers uses virtualization to insulate applications from each other so its not an major performance hit. 

As an IT admin, I'm well aware.  ;)