Tesla Thread

GearsNSuch

So, finally got my FSD beta yesterday. :D

And then lost it. :(

And then got it again. :D

Because apparently this happened:

Beta software gonna beta, but yeesh, it was dang near undrivable for a stretch there, FSD or no. And now that I’ve had a couple drives with it… yeah, it’s kinda like driving with a flustered 16 year old at the wheel. :wacko: This should be interesting. 

but it does seem to have finally stopped diving into turn lanes. 

• 2 weeks later...

Tesla opened a factory in Markham, Ontario, for making battery production equipment.  With a factory dedicated to making battery manufacturing machinery, that (hopefully) means a LOT of battery production lines. Reuters

Building the machine that builds the machines that build the machines....

Edited by StrandedonEarth

23 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Tesla opened a factory in Markham, Ontario, for making battery production equipment.  With a factory dedicated to making battery manufacturing machinery, that (hopefully) means a LOT of battery production lines. Reuters

Building the machine that builds the machines that build the machines....

Great, factories is a great way to improve battery production technologies.  Even that sounds funny but we need machines that build the other machines.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/8/2021 at 4:20 PM, Jack White said:

Great, factories is a great way to improve battery production technologies.  Even that sounds funny but we need machines that build the other machines.

We need factories to make the machines to make the machines who make the end product for now, later we will need much more layers. 

7 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Tesla is pretty much synonymous with EV

Just 15% of total.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/541390/global-sales-of-plug-in-electric-vehicle-manufacturers/

7 hours ago, magnemoe said:

We need factories to make the machines to make the machines who make the end product for now, later we will need much more layers. 

Humans, too.

I mean, to make humans.

Yeah, ther other EVs I see look like noise, and with few exceptions (Ford and Porsche) I instantly think, "Why did you buy that instead of a Tesla?" And I think that of the Ford and Porsche, too, here in NM—because taking them out for a drive almost anywhere outside ABQ means a long drive, and that's not even ideal for Teslas yet. My buddy took his X to his house in Durango a couple times, then gave up and takes his Audi instead because of supercharger availability (lack of) N of Santa Fe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I will add: this kind of sensational news is often one sided clickbait.  Plaintiffs often overstate their cases in the hopes of a jury award... Although if true, they certainly state a claim for which relief should be granted.  Which brings up the importance of the jury.  

Shrug - whether it even reaches a jury is kind of unlikely.  Thing is that companies get sued all the time, sometimes with meritorious claims sometimes for utter nonsense, and the sad truth is that it is often cheaper to settle than prove innocence. 

Will be interesting to see how this pans out 

You can google a specific type of bad claim about a workplace, sexism, racism, yada, yada, yada, and put in a company name of your choice, amazon, GM, BMW, tesla, etc—and you will find they have been or are being sued by someone making that claim. Heck, works for national labs, too, not just their contractors. Welcome to American, the land of the frivolous lawsuit. Not every claim is frivolous, but the idea that Tesla has some intentional policy around this is utterly absurd. Individual workers are humans, and some humans are lousy, so sure. But all the incentive structures are for HR to stomp this, honestly to the point of over correction in many cases. Any claim that all outcome differences must have a systemic cause is religion, not reality, IMO.

My cousin is quite well off via defending such claims in court (he's a defendant's attorney (partner) at a huge firm back east that does this nationally and internationally), and they have a list of clients that looks like the fortune 500.

Edited by tater

Just now, CatastrophicFailure said:

Extraordinary claims require Extraordinary evidence. -_-

Individual claims that some single event happened—not extraordinary at all. Absolutely should involve some sort of follow up—but any claim should require evidence.

Claims of a pattern or system of doing so needs proof at a higher level, since you need to prove it happened, and it was policy to happen.

Neither are impossible to demonstrate in cases where it actually happened.

Anything that happens at tesla gets huge press right now, too.

3 hours ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Plaintiffs often overstate their cases

The US court system is based on an adversarial justice model. You are not ever supposed to make your opponents case for them. You present your own case as strongly as possible, and let the opponents defend themselves.