[1.8.X-1.12.X] Aurora Space Center: v1.2 "Return To Sender" (ELA-1, Droneship, SLC-37B for Delta IV)

Zoeille

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/3/2023 at 1:28 AM, WillowFox12 said:

How do I change the name of the droneship?

You will need to alter the texture file here:  AuroraSpaceCenter\Statics\Droneship\material_9 

(Override the Return To Sender area only)

On 6/3/2023 at 1:59 AM, forge__gamer said:

Are there any new pics of SLC-4E that you have?

I do not started SMC-4E yet

• 2 weeks later...

Lot of work in the real aerospace world, sorry for the little amount of update:

During the week-end I plan to model the SLC-37 MST Tower, and I also plan to put in KSP my SLC-6 3D model.

No date for release, but I want to finish this ASAP

SLC-6 in KSP is my top priority right now. 

16 hours ago, noaa_satellite said:

@Zoeille I really enjoy this mod, the buildings look very good. I've been trying to make my own KK static buildings using Sketchup, can you explain your process for getting the model from Sketchup to in-game as a working static? Thanks!

Thanks ! I do the model in the Sketchup, then I do post-processing in blender (I just rename each objects) and then I import it in Unity using Build Tools like any other mod !

I want to do a little dev post, so here will be just some news about how was made Aurora Space Center (and why it was a pain in the *ss) and how it will be now made today.

To give you an idea, here are the different stages for a model on Aurora:
- Design in Sketchup -> Post-processing in blender -> Post-processing in Unity (as for any mod)

In Blender, I have to take each object (often named "Sketchup.001") and rename it to its texture (as the mod uses the game's textures).

This used to be a pain, but in 2/3 hours I could manage a static of 20 objects easily.

Problem: My statics in Aurora (the SLC-6 and the 37B) are so detailed that they contain groups and lots of objects... TOO MANY OBJECTS (2500 objects for the 37B)
As you can imagine, this process would have taken me three days.

So I decided to do something about it, and yesterday I worked on a life-saving blender script! (Link here: https://pastebin.com/bgwP1xgP)

Today, after much trial and error, I can convert a Sketchup model into a Blender-ready one in just 5 minutes thanks to this script.
This will greatly improve my desire to make more models and improve them too!

4IVzjvR.png

-------

17 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

This is really cool! Do you happen to know how the footprint would compare to the 37A/B in OSSNTR? Asking because I use the katnisscape on ksrss, and I would love to replace the flat 37A/B from ossntr with yours, if/when you release it!

Thanks ! Yes it's what I aim for. I want a really good integration via these mods.  (Tbh I may work on a mod soon that called Aurora Space Center RSS Version with only decal based on satellites imagery)

Here is what it look like on my launch pad (using the old version of 37B):

image.png?width=1193&height=671

1 hour ago, Zoeille said:

Thanks ! Yes it's what I aim for.

Neat! I'll definitely be trying out whatever you release.  Here's what it looks like currently on KSRSS Reborn, with the Cape for KSRSS with the retro launch pads (the modern was never done, afaict). Currently just a couple of mostly flat slabs, so will be a no-brainer replacement.  (p.s. congrats on your workflow changes!)

3e7IGuZ.png

Edited by OrbitalManeuvers

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/15/2023 at 8:52 AM, Zoeille said:

I want to do a little dev post, so here will be just some news about how was made Aurora Space Center (and why it was a pain in the *ss) and how it will be now made today.

- Design in Sketchup -> Post-processing in blender -> Post-processing in Unity (as for any mod)

In Blender, I have to take each object (often named "Sketchup.001") and rename it to its texture (as the mod uses the game's textures).

This used to be a pain, but in 2/3 hours I could manage a static of 20 objects easily.

Problem: My statics in Aurora (the SLC-6 and the 37B) are so detailed that they contain groups and lots of objects... TOO MANY OBJECTS (2500 objects for the 37B)

So I decided to do something about it, and yesterday I worked on a life-saving blender script! (Link here: https://pastebin.com/bgwP1xgP)

Today, after much trial and error, I can convert a Sketchup model into a Blender-ready one in just 5 minutes thanks to this script.

4IVzjvR.png

-------

Thanks ! Yes it's what I aim for. I want a really good integration via these mods.  (Tbh I may work on a mod soon that called Aurora Space Center RSS Version with only decal based on satellites imagery)

going to go over this.. ive been looking for help. i just finished a project, a KK add on mod with 20+ buildings ive worked on for 2 years but i need to know how to get from sketchup to KSP.

id like to use all KSP textures using the BUILTIN textures on my models, well i have to being i designed them to look a certain way, but any help or posts that can guide me to go from sketchup to blender to KSP as a end result would be greatly appreciate.

ive DM'd every person who created KK mods for help but i've never gotten a single response

On 7/15/2023 at 8:52 AM, Zoeille said:

4IVzjvR.png

-------

the blender script pastebin link doesnt work

On 8/1/2023 at 12:18 AM, Astra Infinitum said:

going to go over this.. ive been looking for help. i just finished a project, a KK add on mod with 20+ buildings ive worked on for 2 years but i need to know how to get from sketchup to KSP.

id like to use all KSP textures using the BUILTIN textures on my models, well i have to being i designed them to look a certain way, but any help or posts that can guide me to go from sketchup to blender to KSP as a end result would be greatly appreciate.

ive DM'd every person who created KK mods for help but i've never gotten a single response

the blender script pastebin link doesnt work

Script link: https://pastebin.com/g32Pkwx9

Yeah it's quite a mess to explain how to import a sketchup model in KSP but basically this script will save you a lot of time

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi - I'm finding that instantiating either ELA-1 or ELA-2 begins a flood of nullref exceptions that don't stop until the instance is destroyed. Does this not happen for you? If not, it would seem there's a conflict with another of my mods, but given the text of the exceptions, I don't even have a guess.

I've also tried this on two different machines, both with version 1.1.1 and 1.2 of the mod - no differences.

Do you have any ideas/thoughts?

Thanks!

Spoiler

About to instantiate ELA-1:

QXCCPnO.jpg

Have just instantiated ELA-1. Nullrefs do not stop until instance is destroyed.

f9QIZyU.png

Log file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R4or0ez1g9V6--_E8y6crwuDMEqwIctd/view?usp=sharing

Just for convenience, here's the initial exceptions:

Spoiler

[LOG 12:35:32.137] Game Unpaused!
[LOG 12:35:55.771] SCREENSHOT!!
[EXC 12:35:59.015] NullReferenceException
    UnityEngine.Object.Internal_InstantiateSingleWithParent (UnityEngine.Object data, UnityEngine.Transform parent, UnityEngine.Vector3 pos, UnityEngine.Quaternion rot) (at <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0)
    UnityEngine.Object.Instantiate (UnityEngine.Object original, UnityEngine.Vector3 position, UnityEngine.Quaternion rotation, UnityEngine.Transform parent) (at <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0)
    UnityEngine.Object.Instantiate[T] (T original, UnityEngine.Vector3 position, UnityEngine.Quaternion rotation, UnityEngine.Transform parent) (at <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0)
    KerbalKonstructs.KKPadFX.Setup (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] emitterTransformNames, UnityEngine.GameObject baseObject, System.String smokeName) (at <606f2d28760a4f95aefb47d9a1811d45>:0)
    KerbalKonstructs.PadSmoke.Start () (at <606f2d28760a4f95aefb47d9a1811d45>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
[EXC 12:35:59.017] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    LaunchPadFX.Start () (at <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

First exception happens once, 2nd exception is repeated every frame after that.