A global server for KSP2 multiplayer?

Iman_S.5

3 hours ago, Iman_S.5 said:

Is there gonna be a global server for ksp 2 multiplayer? In which where everyone gets their own planet by chance in that one server and establish an economy of sorts

I would tend to doubt it. 
Imagine the chaos that would happen with mods, time warping, etc.

IMHO it would be more likely there would be the ability to set up your own server.

• 2 months later...
On 3/14/2020 at 10:01 AM, Iman_S.5 said:

Is there gonna be a global server for ksp 2 multiplayer? In which where everyone gets their own planet by chance in that one server and establish an economy of sorts

That is so far-fetched I'm surprised the question is asked.

In games like Elite Dangerous, NMS, Eve Online and others, time is a constant.  No time warping.  Physics is comic-book physics.

KSP has and requires time warping, since it is dealing with a realistic approximation of physics, it can take a long time to go from one point to another.  Ergo, the idea of time warping was introduced. 

Unless, of course, you would like to do a mission to the moon in real time?  That would be 99.99% boring, 0.01% heart-in-your-mouth.  

15 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Unless, of course, you would like to do a mission to the moon in real time?  That would be 99.99% boring, 0.01% heart-in-your-mouth.  

And after hours and hours of playing, on the way back home you notice you forgot the parachutes. :D

Edited by hendrack

If there is one it won't affect me because I will avoid it like the plague...

Firstly, because I am just not a big fan of large scale online MP full stop.  And, from past experience, too many as****es for my liking.

Second, I just don't think KSP lends itself to this type of play anyway.  A small group of friends doing a co-op mission to Dres, yes that could work, and be fun.

1 hour ago, pandaman said:

Second, I just don't think KSP lends itself to this type of play anyway.  A small group of friends doing a co-op mission to Dres, yes that could work, and be fun.

Or just messing around and doing whatever.

I can't see a large scale public server working for KSP.