[BETA] KSRSS 0.7 - Kerbin (or x2.5) sized RSS

tony48

KSC location for the next release  

624 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the KSC be located?

• Cape Canaveral, Florida (28 degrees North)
    • Kourou, French Guiana (5 degrees North)

On 7/5/2023 at 7:37 PM, CalvonVulcan said:

So, My jupiter Is really dark in color and doesnt have the colors (It does have jupiters colors) i see in alot of pics, sn2l4z403rp81.pngis it meant to be That dark greyish, I mean Saturn, Uranus and Neptun are the normal brigthness color and look normal

Some more Bugs i have are that, My mars has no north pole as when i try and land their its just the same color as every other place on mars, and when i try to look at the ground from my vessel it becomes transparent but that doesnt have anywhere else, you can be 1 CM from the north pole and you would be fine, my earth doesnt have a north pole either, when i try and go there its just water, earth has a south pole, but mars doesnt, well it has  but its just a much lighter red but when i look from the vessel, the ground doesnt become transparent. any help will help.

On 7/9/2023 at 8:51 PM, CalvonVulcan said:

Some more Bugs i have are that, My mars has no north pole as when i try and land their its just the same color as every other place on mars, and when i try to look at the ground from my vessel it becomes transparent but that doesnt have anywhere else, you can be 1 CM from the north pole and you would be fine, my earth doesnt have a north pole either, when i try and go there its just water, earth has a south pole, but mars doesnt, well it has  but its just a much lighter red but when i look from the vessel, the ground doesnt become transparent. any help will help.

Having the same issue.
The game was stuck loading on a black screen with the loading icon until I deleted 2 config files from Parallax as mentioned earlier in the thread. That seems to at least make the game load.
So, now it loads, and Earth looks fine, but basically all the other planets are broken. They all appear to be missing their atmospheres or something. The surface of mars has a completely black sky during the daytime.

https://ibb.co/VQ0zT9s
 https://ibb.co/ScfgQs3

On 7/9/2023 at 7:51 AM, CalvonVulcan said:

Some more Bugs i have are that

7 hours ago, Mulder said:

Having the same issue.

Here's what mine looks like from the flight scene of a sat in polar orbit, this is the north pole:

Spoiler

viUTyJp.png

If you guys would upload your ksp.log files and share them somewhere, it'd be easier to help you diagnose the problem. 

If you wanna check more things yourself, this is what i'd check:

- do you have the right KSRSS, the Reborn branch? If you're not sure, look in your KSRSS folder, and if you have a folder called KSRSSVE inside there, then you have the wrong branch of KSRSS, or you copied the reborn branch over top of the 0.7/0.8 releases, which also won't work.

- do you have Scatterer 0.8x

- do you have multiple module managers or any folders in GameData with version numbers in the names, or the word "master" anywhere in any of the top level folders inside GameData (unrelated mods breaking other mods is absolutely a thing in KSP)

- do you have the KSRSS 64k textures folder installed? Try without. 

And the big one: how does it look without Parallax? Just move the parallax folders out of ksp/gamedata to a temp folder, and try again.

But if you'd like more help from others, the ksp.log file is probably the thing that would help the most.

4 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Here's what mine looks like from the flight scene of a sat in polar orbit, this is the north pole:

Reveal hidden contents

viUTyJp.png

If you guys would upload your ksp.log files and share them somewhere, it'd be easier to help you diagnose the problem. 

If you wanna check more things yourself, this is what i'd check:

- do you have the right KSRSS, the Reborn branch? If you're not sure, look in your KSRSS folder, and if you have a folder called KSRSSVE inside there, then you have the wrong branch of KSRSS, or you copied the reborn branch over top of the 0.7/0.8 releases, which also won't work.

- do you have Scatterer 0.8x

- do you have multiple module managers or any folders in GameData with version numbers in the names, or the word "master" anywhere in any of the top level folders inside GameData (unrelated mods breaking other mods is absolutely a thing in KSP)

- do you have the KSRSS 64k textures folder installed? Try without. 

And the big one: how does it look without Parallax? Just move the parallax folders out of ksp/gamedata to a temp folder, and try again.

But if you'd like more help from others, the ksp.log file is probably the thing that would help the most.

i have some pics ill show you 

Mars north and southpole (to show the color diffrence, idk if its meat to be that im sorry)
screenshot155.png
screenshot156.png

Earth north pole (Just a bloody ocean)
screenshot157.png

Mars north pole from orbit (same as yours)
screenshot159.png

(sorry for late response)

21 hours ago, CalvonVulcan said:

cool but ... if you want help making it work, you'll need to provide your ksp.log file in shared folder somewhere like google drive and leave a link here. people gotta see how you have things installed to be able to suggest fixes. 

On 10/23/2022 at 6:27 AM, tony48 said:

The installation instructions have been removed because the mod isn't in a stable state. However, if you still want to play it:

1. Install Kopernicus
  2. Install Kronometer
  3. Install Custom Barn Kit
  4. Download the reborn branch of KSRSS. Place the KSRSS folder in your GameData.
  5. Please note that KSRSS is now 2.7 times bigger than stock size (same size as JNSQ). If you prefer to play at a smaller size, change the SystemScale to Stock in KSRSS/Configuration.cfg.

It's been quite a while since this was posted. Will it ever be in a stable state again?

Edited by Toaster355
Removed Duplicate Messages

5 hours ago, Toaster355 said:

It's been quite a while since this was posted. Will it ever be in a stable state again?

It's already very stable, and perfectly usable, despite there not being an official release. This isn't really that uncommon in the KSP modding world - WIP stuff gets used all the time.

p.s. It will go much easier for you if you install KSRSS as the first mod in a new install instance, instead of trying to replace the solar system in a heavily modded install.

5 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

It's already very stable, and perfectly usable, despite there not being an official release. This isn't really that uncommon in the KSP modding world - WIP stuff gets used all the time.

p.s. It will go much easier for you if you install KSRSS as the first mod in a new install instance, instead of trying to replace the solar system in a heavily modded install.

Oh nice, so I wonder what they're waiting on

Yeah I wasn't planning on that lol

2 hours ago, Toaster355 said:

Yeah I wasn't planning on that lol

it's kinda surprising how many people do exactly that, like crazy installs and they just drop in a complete solar system replacement as a final *chef's kiss* touch ... but then the apple cart is overturned and mixing metaphors is super easy, barely an inconvenience. 

idk if they're really "waiting" for anything. ballistic is crushing it with some RSS stuff and Tony peeks in every once in a while. I think it's just getting updated when they have time/feel like it, like most KSP mods.

I'm super grateful that we even get access to the repo, and what's there works well enough for pretty much everything I want to do in KSP, so Bob's my uncle.

On 10/23/2022 at 6:27 AM, tony48 said:

The installation instructions have been removed because the mod isn't in a stable state. However, if you still want to play it:

1. Install Kopernicus
  2. Install Kronometer
  3. Install Custom Barn Kit
  4. Download the reborn branch of KSRSS. Place the KSRSS folder in your GameData.
  5. Please note that KSRSS is now 2.7 times bigger than stock size (same size as JNSQ). If you prefer to play at a smaller size, change the SystemScale to Stock in KSRSS/Configuration.cfg.

Hmm, I downloaded the reborn branch but Windows is refusing to let me open or extract it. it keeps saying something about it being invalid or corrupted and I've had no luck. 
I downloaded the standalone KSRSS folder and I can open that just fine, but your instructions say to download the whole thing so I would like some help with that please :[

EDIT: Nevermind I got it to work

Edited by Toaster355

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2023 at 12:37 AM, BadModder54 said:

Has anyone else experienced MASSIVE framerate lag around Europa in low orbit? High orbit and landed are perfectly fine. I'm running the latest version of the game with all the visual mods. More info can be provided if this isn't a known issue. Also, the same kind of lag happens when timewarping on Pluto's surface. Thanks!

I'm experiencing the same issue, I noticed it while preparing to film my next cinematic. Help would be greatly appreciated. Also my Jupiter is really dark which interferes with the shots. I'm rocking a 6800xt and a 12700k, in low and medium altitudes around Europa my FPS drops to single digit while my RAM sits at 12% util.(64GB). My GPU and CPU both stay at single digit utilisation.  As soon as I'm within around 10M of the Surface I get 90FPS while the utilisation stays the same. The Jupiter issue isn't that pressing, I can edit the shots afterwards. Both issues have been pulled up multiple times now, I haven't found a fix or root cause for them. 

Hola a todos. Cuando inicio el juego, todo va bien, pero cuando todo carga, supuestamente mostrará el menú, pero se queda como el espacio en sí. Eso no es nada. Instalé los siguientes mods
-kopernicus
-scatterer
-ksrssve
-ksrss
- EVE
-Modularflightintegrator
Estos son todos los mods. Me encantaría que me ayudaran con este problema. Gracias

Hello everyone. When I start the game, everything is fine, but when everything loads, it will supposedly show the menu, but it stays as the space itself. That's nothing. I installed the following mods
-kopernicus
-scatterer
-ksrssve
-ksrss
-EVE -Modularflightintegrator These are all mods . I would love your help with this problem. Thank you

On 7/16/2023 at 2:16 PM, CalvonVulcan said:

Mars north and southpole (to show the color diffrence, idk if its meat to be that im sorry)
screenshot155.png
screenshot156.png

Earth north pole (Just a bloody ocean)
screenshot157.png

Mars north pole from orbit (same as yours)
screenshot159.png

(sorry for late response)

I do believe that the Earth's north pole is supposed to be an ocean, at least for most of the year...

22 hours ago, Pepitoquemolacasa said:

Hello. I already solved the problem but I would love for you to recommend me mods, be it visuals, rocket parts, more planets or other things.

Bluedog Design Bureau by @CobaltWolf is kinda big on file size (just over 3/4 GB iirc) but it has plenty of parts for late-1950s-to-mid-2000s American rocketry

Also, does anyone have 4k textures for this? The 16k stuff that comes with it is kind of giving my PC a hard time.

7 hours ago, Awesomesauce1337 said:

Works on my machine. Just make sure to have all the dependencies, have no other home switch mods like JNSQ or GPP and make sure to not put it on an existing save unless you want all of your existing flights sent to destinations unknown.  

2.5x has a habit of doing that LMAO

40 minutes ago, in use by another member. said:

Is it just me or is there no download link?

https://gitlab.com/ksrss/KSRSS here is the download link.

On 8/12/2023 at 12:47 PM, Provisional Name 43 said:

I've been needing to play in stock version due to the KSC having a bug with the ground which I find weird. Weird bug :/

city lights for EVE