[BETA] KSRSS 0.7 - Kerbin (or x2.5) sized RSS

tony48

KSC location for the next release  

577 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the KSC be located?

• Cape Canaveral, Florida (28 degrees North)
    • Kourou, French Guiana (5 degrees North)

4 hours ago, SpaceGame123 said:

how do i get 2.5x scale?

KSRSS is now at a default 2.7x scale (1/4th RSS).

If you would like to play at the stock scale (1/9th RSS to keep rotations synced) open KSRSS in your GameData folder, open Configuration.cfg, set SystemScale = Default to SystemScale = Stock.

3 hours ago, ballisticfox0 said:

KSRSS is now at a default 2.7x scale (1/4th RSS).

If you would like to play at the stock scale (1/9th RSS to keep rotations synced) open KSRSS in your GameData folder, open Configuration.cfg, set SystemScale = Default to SystemScale = Stock.

ah its default ok :) , is there any way i can get procedural avionics from realism overhaul? i dont like the stock probes and because i cant texture them or change their shape or anything

8 hours ago, The guy from duna said:

any clue as to what might be going on or what I'm doing wrong?

The best way to get help is to upload your ksp.log file to a file sharing service like google drive, and provide the link. Otherwise you're asking for people to guess among a trillion different reasons why a mod might not be installed correctly. For a catastrophic install issue like this, the log file should contain the answer with no guessing needed.

7 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

The best way to get help is to upload your ksp.log file to a file sharing service like google drive, and provide the link. Otherwise you're asking for people to guess among a trillion different reasons why a mod might not be installed correctly. For a catastrophic install issue like this, the log file should contain the answer with no guessing needed.

hey I'm having some troubles finding my ksp.log file and I'm not sure where I can find it, I have located my player.log file but I'm not sure if its useful.

1 minute ago, The guy from duna said:

I have located my player.log

You might make a mental note of where you found that. From what I've seen, there's only one mod author who prefers that file.

The file you want is ksp.log, and it will be sitting next to the main ksp executable, ksp_x64.exe. It's in the folder that also contains the GameData folder. I think Steam takes you right to that folder if you ask it to browse local files.

13 minutes ago, The guy from duna said:

here's the link to the ksp.log file

cool, you found it.

So tbh, I don't think debugging solar system basics should be done on a heavily modded install. My personal approach is to build the solar system first, before anything else. It's just a super basic component of the game, and I like to make sure it's solid.

That said, in terms of working with your current install, I think your best bet would be to simplify your Kopernicus load considerably, and see if you can get a basic install of KSRSS working. Meaning, I would ditch the following mods, at least temporarily: Parallax, KSRSS-64k, KatnissCape, Kop Expansion, and anything/everything with "RSS" in the name. 

But I honestly think that a better use of your time would be to get CKAN to create a new, second instance for you, and install just KSRSS and its immediate dependencies, and try an empty install with only KSRSS. This will give you confidence that it works (which it does) and then you can add things on top of it, a few things at a time, and test along the way as it gets built up. That way if something goes wrong you know for 100% that it's in the last "batch" of things you added.

All just one person's opinion :)

1 hour ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Kopernicus load considerably, and see if you can get a basic install of KSRSS working. Meaning, I would ditch the following mods, at least temporarily: Parallax, KSRSS-64k, KatnissCape, Kop Expansion, and anything/everything with "RSS" in the name. 

Thanks! that seemed to fix things

On 5/1/2023 at 1:05 AM, DaveyJ576 said:

@tony48What orbital altitude is geosynchronous on a 2.5x Earth? Thank you.

8,640, km i belive that is correct it was looking for the for when i was ding falcon heavy expendable direct to GEO mission 

divide the RSS value by 4 to get the right altitude 

1 hour ago, exospaceman said:

How can I download KSRSS for KSP? and will that affect mods like OPM in the file system?

Here is what I have as of now:

2023-05-04_5.png

Remove avp and install the gitlab ksrss  remove opm and add parallax delete the configs folder from parallax stock textures 

Thank you very much for the Info! I hope it doesn't affect the other spacecraft I put into orbit around Kerbin and the launch sites I made by using KerbalKonstructs. I want to try using KSRSS for a series I am doing on my YT channel.

Spoiler

:D

2 minutes ago, exospaceman said:

Thank you very much for the Info! I hope it doesn't affect the other spacecraft I put into orbit around Kerbin and the launch sites I made by using KerbalKonstructs. I want to try using KSRSS for a series I am doing on my YT channel.

Reveal hidden contents

ideally i would''t but make sure to back up you save so if you loose all of your crafts you have a backup

MAN this mod is so ungodly laggy for me but it's pretty fun. i don't think i accidentally downloaded 64k textures so im not super sure why im getting such god awful lag, i can run stock + OPM fine, guess this mod is a lot more intensive on resources

Edit: btw my specs are 8gb of ram, gtx 1650, ryzen 4600h

Edited by Ghost3123

On 5/5/2023 at 11:35 AM, exospaceman said:

Reveal hidden contents

It will affect them.  You need to start a new save when using planet packs like this, it will completely replace the stock system.

The best thing to do is copy and paste your lap folder to make another copy of the game you can use different mods on.