[1.3.1] Ferram Aerospace Research: v0.15.9.1 "Liepmann" 4/2/18

ferram4

On ۱۳۹۵/۹/۳ ه‍.ش. at 11:25 PM, Yaar Podshipnik said:

All true, unless you develop in main/master and do releases from branches :wink:

really? honestly that has many many problems with the core concept of using source control :wink:

also, the only reason i continued this reply is that many new people in modding may want to use source controls and i thought it would help them know that this one answer was a bit wrong for how to use source controls any ways, and i agree talking more about the sort of stuff puts unneeded pressure on developers, but if you ask me, the idea of locking the thread is bad because some people would think that the developer left the whole thing for ever

Edited by Jiraiyah

10 minutes ago, flx said:

Ok, I've lost all hope, I guess it's time for me to drop KSP. FAR had been making my game and now it is no more.

How sad :P

Just kidding, FAR has a few issues left to be fixed before releasing, and when that will happen is totally up to ferram.

But I don't really think the mod should be considered dead at all, it's been developed for many years, sometimes a break is much needed.

(And I think that ksp stock should implement multiplayer and stop updating already, mostly before all the good mods die, but that's just me)

Edited by tetryds

3 minutes ago, flx said:

Ok, I've lost all hope, I guess it's time for me to drop KSP. FAR had been making my game and now it is no more.

this mod is being updated

you only need to read the comments in more than one page or 2 it is a 500+ page topic after all

all you are doing is making it easier for another person like you to stumple on your comment and do the same thing over again.

and if your doing it on purpose to make that^ happen. fine congrats you liquided someone off  

1 hour ago, Motokid600 said:

Geez the stock aero isn't THAT bad. Its a little on the soupy side, but itll do in the mean time.

That is your opinion. In a turn it doesn't even feel like flying through air because the control surfaces are hyper sensitive and it is nearly impossible to fly a constant turn without heavily tweaking control surfaces which is not necessary in FAR where it is a smooth experience.

Edited by Frybert

For the ones who is feel anxious waiting for FAR, i'm using the KSP_Update Branch and its working fine on Linux (I dont tested it on windows... ) . Give Ferram4 the time he needs, maybe he will give us the update as a Christmas Gift :P

46 minutes ago, FunnelVortex said:

As I said previously, this thread should just be locked for the time being and unlocked once ferram releases the update.

No special need, there is enough moderator watching all time and there is also "report post" button.

Meanwhile, until FAR is properly updated, try to fly your crafts around Mun or Minimus. Atmosphere there seems to be same in FAR and Stock aero. :D

On 12/3/2016 at 7:04 PM, Flashblade said:

That is your opinion. In a turn it doesn't even feel like flying through air because the control surfaces are hyper sensitive and it is nearly impossible to fly a constant turn without heavily tweaking control surfaces which is not necessary in FAR where it is a smooth experience.

True as the sun will rise. FAR is a goddamn godsend for flight sim players.

Edited by Deizelpunk

32 minutes ago, Redleg1 said:

In using the KSP 1.2 update branch, has anyone had problems with non RealChute parachutes not slowing down descending vehicles? So far I have only been able to get RealChute parachutes to work.

Yep you're definitely not alone. For me without RealChute chutes don't even appear in staging, nor do they have an option to open them manually. RealChute as a mod seems fine though so I'm not fussed.

1 hour ago, Redleg1 said:

In using the KSP 1.2 update branch, has anyone had problems with non RealChute parachutes not slowing down descending vehicles? So far I have only been able to get RealChute parachutes to work.

The update branch is far from complete. I wouldn't seriously play with it until an official update is released.

39 minutes ago, FunnelVortex said:

The update branch is far from complete. I wouldn't seriously play with it until an official update is released.

Its working fine - there are some bugs, but almost all errors can be solved by saving before entering the atmosphere. 

I have flown in Kerbin, Eve and Duna without problems so far. I planning an unmanned one way trip to Laythe with a small drone aircraft will collect airbone science in the islands and maybe the poles. Maybe i send another drone to Jool, but there is nothing nice to see inside that gas giant :(. 

The image in the spoiler is a Karbonite powered atmospheric drone flying above a lake in Eve. The blue wings are FAR Coefficient of Lift Overlay.

Spoiler

RfA8wGZ.jpg

Edited by Freds
Picture and extra text

2 hours ago, Redleg1 said:

Previous versions of FAR were including "light" version of real chutes. I can only assume that "llight" version of real chutes is not updated properly in current available development branch. So, you should stick to RealChute parachutes until proper FAR release and stop complaining. If you use development branch, you should know what are you doing.

I really dont understand why everyone is crying so much about this mod. Dont get me wrong IT IS GREAT, its an amazing achievement by the Dev, but seriously folks give it a break. Let the man work and finish the dam project. And in any case the stock aerodynamics work just fine for the time being. It is not that horrible IMO. You can still fly with AA mod, TCA OR Pilot Assit. mod. So unless your contributing to the development or have questions on how to tweak the mod files themselves, then take it to Github and get your answers there, other wise HURRY UP AND WAIT (as my CO used to say). 

1 minute ago, mechanicH said:

I really dont understand why everyone is crying so much about this mod. Dont get me wrong IT IS GREAT, its an amazing achievement by the Dev, but seriously folks give it a break. Let the man work and finish the dam project. And in any case the stock aerodynamics work just fine for the time being. It is not that horrible IMO. You can still fly with AA mod, TCA OR Pilot Assit. mod. So unless your contributing to the development or have questions on how to tweak the mod files themselves, then take it to Github and get your answers there, other wise HURRY UP AND WAIT (as my CO used to say). 

But stock aero sucks. I agree that people should be patient but dont say stock aero is a reasonable substitute...

Edited by Deizelpunk

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.