[1.3.1] Ferram Aerospace Research: v0.15.9.1 "Liepmann" 4/2/18

ferram4

Well in case he needs a reminder, his mod's are excruciatingly important, and good. Borderline necessity. Haha

Borderline, HA! Speak for yourself, it is required for my KSP. LOL. But I can wait for him to update at his own time. Not a huge deal, I just rolled back to the previous version of KSP.

Alright, so there it is. There are two releases:

FAR v0.14.4.1, which is still for 0.25 and is intended to deal with some minor issues in Realism Overhaul and to support it until all of those mods are 0.90-compatible.

And then FAR v0.14.5, which is for 0.90. Changelog, as always, has the details.

I was wondering, with the addition of the displace/rotate gadgets in 0.90, does FAR properly account for the drag of the parts that are hidden/partially hidden inside other parts (by ignoring it)?

From what I know it uses nodes to know if a part is facing the airstream or not.

I saw on the logs that something was made to try to know if the parts are shielded or not.

So maybe it changed.

Ferram4 I have a question about hydronamic force. What is it? Are you attempting to fix the water also? If so, awesome, and you would have to change your forum tag from "I make things fly" to "I make things fly and float."

Ferram4 I have a question about hydronamic force. What is it? Are you attempting to fix the water also? If so, awesome, and you would have to change your forum tag from "I make things fly" to "I make things fly and float."

Fly, float, and submerge! I'll settle for nothing less then diving to the bottom of the Smiley Trench! :D

It's simply increasing the density to proper water levels once you end up in the ocean. That's pretty much it; if you can fight 1000 kg/m^3 density to get to any speed, I'll be amazed.

Sounds like a challenge! :P

I think something is amiss. I've installed FAR 14.5 on a clean install of x86 KSP, and can see and use the FAR button in the view from the KSC. When in the SPH, though, I can't adjust the wing weights or any control surface properties, assign flaps or spoilers, and the CoL gets stuck all the way aft when I place more than one set of lifting surfaces. The only other mods are simple plugins, which have all been updated for 0.90. The log isn't showing any errors, either.

EDIT: The square-shaped wings (stock) are all moving the CoL about as you'd expect, but any of the triangular wings and wing structures are out of whack. Before placing them, I can see the CoL move, but when I click to place them, the CoL heads back to the elevators, as if it doesn't recognize any of the swept wings.

Edited by Voculus

Voculus: Are you using the updated Module Manager? Also the latest Toolbar plug in, wether you use it over the stock one or not. I must admit I had issues with Toolbar 1.7.7, but as of KSP 0.25 Toolbar 1.7.6 worked fine. As 1.7.7 is the current version which will require updating I am sure, it is functional to a point with 0.90. It would be worth trying it out nevertheless.

I am not attempting to be derisive or anything remotely like that, but you have also given Ferram very little to work with.

I cannot reproduce the issue, everything I've tested shows that it's working fine with all stock wings. I suspect it's an installation issue of some kind, because I just checked with an install directly from the zip I uploaded, and it works fine.

It's simply increasing the density to proper water levels once you end up in the ocean. That's pretty much it; if you can fight 1000 kg/m^3 density to get to any speed, I'll be amazed.

How is the behaviour on the surface, so when partially submerged? If that modelled in any realistic fashion, or doesn't it need any special treatment?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.