What is Your Favorite Planet to Orbit/Land on

Little Kerbonaut!

23 hours ago, HansonKerman said:

Jool is fun because you can send a probe down inside, aerocapture conveniently, and get Tylo assists to capture/escape. tylo isn’t worth it tho because it’s so ugly and uninteresting 

Search up Green Harvest by Matt Lowne. It’s great and will solve all your problems :)

My main goal was to land a probe inside of Jool with parachutes since I read parachutes work well in Jool's atmosphere. But when I read the KSP wiki  about Jool it said you will blow up when you reach -250 meters. So I redirected myself to head to Laythe instead but my computer crashed.

2 hours ago, Little Kerbonaut! said:

My main goal was to land a probe inside of Jool with parachutes since I read parachutes work well in Jool's atmosphere. But when I read the KSP wiki  about Jool it said you will blow up when you reach -250 meters. So I redirected myself to head to Laythe instead but my computer crashed.

Why would you think that you would be able to go inside...? I am currently making a Matt Lowne inspired Jool ship tho. Going inside Jool is pretty fun just for the novelty of it. Plus if you edit the quicksave you can land on Jool and get some funny EVA report text

3 hours ago, Little Kerbonaut! said:

I don’t know why I thought that I just though I could go inside it.

no lol. still that isn’t a reason to not send a probe in. Especially if you have some Spiders and float just above the Sphere of Death

15 minutes ago, Little Kerbonaut! said:

Ok! I might send a probe in after I send a probe down to Laythe but my computer keeps crashing when I run KSP when it used to be fine. But I suspect it's because it's overheating. :)

my computer’s so slow nowadays I can’t even go interplanetary. Also, go to Pol. It’s my #1 favorite destination and it’s pretty and also small. It’s nice looking imo. Imagine if those spiky rocks were solid tho

Same, my computer freezes about 2 minutes into the launch and a lot of times it restarts then freezes again after it restarts. Thanks for the recommendation by the way! I probably will go to Poll once I can find the problem with my computer.

4 hours ago, Little Kerbonaut! said:

Same, my computer freezes about 2 minutes into the launch and a lot of times it restarts then freezes again after it restarts. Thanks for the recommendation by the way! I probably will go to Poll once I can find the problem with my computer.

try disabling some stuf

I spent more time on this than it shows. :D

Well the Minmus slopes are cool
they make me think of mint ice cream.
And Mun's craters can make landing fun
If you don't laugh you might scream.

Moho has a mohole, and Eve will hold you tight.
And if you're on Eeloo, keep your Pub-Nuk close,
to keep you warm throughout the night.

I wish they all could be Kerbal Program Worlds
(I wish they all could be Kerbal Program)

Dres has endless asteroids,
you'll never run out of ore.
And Duna and Ike dancing in the night,
will keep you coming back for more.

Jool has all the moons you'll need,
From Tylo out to Bop.
Mining ore on Gilly, or way out on lonely Pol,
makes you sure you'll get home alright.

I've been all 'round this system,
and I seen all kinds of worlds.
But I couldn't wait to go home to KSC.
Back to the cutest world in the Kerb'

(I wish they all could be Kerbal Program)

2 minutes ago, Little Kerbonaut! said:

Oh ok.

Wheels barely work anywhere that has low gravity. They work, but a few of the smallest and weakest engines to biome hop will do fine on Minmus and Gilly.

Reccomendations: on Gilly, pack batteries and solar panels, slap some xenon on and you have an ion bike.

Other planets, heavy engines, some fuel tanks and maybe a Twitch or Spider will work fine

27 minutes ago, Little Kerbonaut! said:

I sent a rover to Minmus it took forever to land and it ended up floating back out into space.

That sounds more like Gilly than Minmus

On 6/15/2020 at 4:50 PM, Little Kerbonaut! said:

I don’t think wheels work on Minmus since when I sent a rover there it kept flipping up because of the low gravity.

How fast were you going?  It's quite possible you didn't realize how fast you were going.  Keep in mind that 10m/s is approximately 25 MPH

18 minutes ago, Little Kerbonaut! said:

Umm I couldn’t even press W or any key without it trying to get back into the sky.

Remember W means "pitch forward" so if you have reaction wheels Minmus' low gravity may allow you to flip your rover forwards like a pancake.

But yes IMO any world lighter than Ike, wheels are useless. I only ever really enjoyed driving a rover on Eve.

55 minutes ago, Superfluous J said:

I only ever really enjoyed driving a rover on Eve.

I did too until I had to drive over 300 km at 6 m/s to get Jeb to a rescue vehicle that overshot.  And then the rescue vehicle couldn't make orbit.

I also like driving huge rovers on Duna at insane speeds.  You can get some serious air in the low gravity.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.