Help getting going

Нi everyone!

I read the forum, I cannot find the answer to my question. Glad to be here among the fans of the game! Space is very scary, strange and interesting for me.

Sorry for the possible offtopic!

For example, I started playing a week ago. and I really like it. BUT, I am building up in some so-called space center, please tell me, am I moving in the right direction? I seem to be acting on instuct, but as if in one place. I am very interested in this topic of space, but I realize that I am wasting a lot of time. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the answer, I hope I can become an advanced player and help others here.

1 hour ago, Robert.Beak said:

Нi everyone!

Welcome to the forum!

You're new to KSP!!?  Get ready for the ride of your life!  Don't give up because things get easier until you are truly hooked (and there's no turning back...)  ;)

Check out KerbalX.com, too, and download and play with whatever catches your interest.

See you around.  And have fun.

3 hours ago, Robert.Beak said:

I am building up in some so-called space center, please tell me, am I moving in the right direction?

Hello! The Space Center is the right place to begin. It looks something like this:

KSC.png

If you hold the mouse over each building, the game will tell you what each one does. To begin making rockets, you should click on this one:

800px-VABwLP.jpg

But if you started a game in "career" mode, it will look like this instead:

VABTier1.png

Once you have clicked, you will be inside the building, which looks like this:

800px-VABin.jpg

Now you can start sticking bits of rocket together like Lego pieces. Don't give up, it's very, very fun once you get the hang of it :)

3 hours ago, Robert.Beak said:

For example, I started playing a week ago. and I really like it. BUT, I am building up in some so-called space center, please tell me, am I moving in the right direction? I seem to be acting on instuct, but as if in one place. I am very interested in this topic of space, but I realize that I am wasting a lot of time. What am I doing wrong?

i can't understand what you're doing and what's your problem from your description. this community is always ready to help, but it's hard to help when you don't understand the problem. so, come here asking whenever you need advice (and you will need a lot of it; even i, who had a pretty advanced knowledge of rocket science before playing, needed a lot of help to figure out how to do some things in the game, as well as to refine the fine points about orbital mechanics), but try to be as clear as possible when describing your problem. possibly post pictures.

if i can surmise your question, you don't know how to start doing stuff? first thing you need an objective. if you started in career mode, go into the control mission, you will be proposed some missions (i recommend that, because for a beginner not having an objective can be daunting at first). otherwise you will have a sandbox to do with as you please. still, the first tasks to undertake are generally: - go into orbit, get a mun flyby, land on mun, land on minmus. when you have mastered those things, you can go to the other planets.

once you have decided what you wanted to do, go in the vab (see deddly post) and start building a rocket. if you don't know how, there are the tutorials. they are not particularly good, but they at least give you the basics.

Edited by king of nowhere

If you don't know how to play the game, try the in-game tutorials and built-in missions to get an overview of each specific part of KSP- from building and flying rockets and planes to doing the complex stuff like interplanetary transfers and orbital docking. It took some of the best and brightest minds many years, or even decades, to figure all this stuff out in real life so don't expect to master it in a few days!

KSP is open-ended and has no real story beyond what you create for it (although there are plenty of good stories about KSP; see the 'fan works' section) so it might not be clear what to do next. Try career or science modes if you want a sense of progress as you play the game, or play sandbox if you just want to build and fly ridiculous rockets. If you're looking for something to do in the game, look in the challenges section of the forums where there are many different ideas, from something as simple as flying around the VAB on a rocket to the marathon challenge of landing on every planet and moon with a single craft.

6 hours ago, Robert.Beak said:

I am very interested in this topic of space, but I realize that I am wasting a lot of time. What am I doing wrong?

Doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong. 'Wasting a lot of time' is exactly what happens while playing KSP. :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.