[1.9.1-1.10.1] Kiwi Tech Tree Overhaul 1.3.0 (17 December 2020)

hemeac

Next Round  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Next Round

• Bluedog Design Bureau
    • reDirect/Habtech 2/Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit
    • B9/B9 Legacy
    • Explore Custom Contracts (possibly JNSQ scale?)
    • Something Else (Leave Comment)

3 hours ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Sorry to hear that :/

Im glad we got all the stuff that we did though. thanks for all your great work!

Lastly, is it safe to download the master?  It looks like there’s a few extra bits of compatibility that isn’t in the latest release. 

I'd say go for it! :D  It's what I'm using.

On 10/29/2021 at 1:30 AM, hemeac said:

Just wanted to pop in here to basically to admit to myself that KTT is functionally dead at this point (or at least my involvement with it).  I had a glimmer of hope that I could keep my interest going with it a few months ago, but have been busy with work and other hobbies.  Just looking at my schedule for upcoming work and it isn't likely to get any better for awhile.  My job involves text editors and spreadsheets, so my mind is usually craving other form of entertainment when I log off from work.  So if anyone wants to take on this project or just cannibalize it for your projects, feel free to go ahead and not worry about asking my permission first.  I also want to thank everyone again, it was a lot of fun to have a chance to  contribute something to KSP and hope you got some entertainment out of it.

No, thank you for all the great times @hemeac!!! KTT really was a ground-breaking tech tree and I enjoyed playing around with it! Beyond that, it was KTT which gave me the inspiration and base ideas which eventually led to my Skyhawk Science System, so I think you'll be happy to hear that the KTT's legacy will continue to live on through it! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a relaly fantastic tech tree! The work you've done patching everything to fit together (especially all the Kerbalism patches!) is really priceless!

Anyone have any recommendations for a contract pack progression to go with this? Haven't found a contract pack that really satisfied me since SETI stopped being updated, which was years ago now.

Has anyone else had issues with the creature storage experiments patched into some of the Tantares parts with this mod + Kerbalism? Even on launch they claim to be already depleted, so can never be run. Have had a look at the config files, but don't fully understand how Kerbalism experiments with solid samples are supposed to be set up. Although it's probably already a mistake that these are sample return experiments, since the part they're assigned to (part of the equivalent to one of the Soviet Venera probes) is one that historically wasn't used for or capable of return to Earth.

This is what's added to the part:

@PART[4mv_science_container_s0_1]:NEEDS[FeatureScience,TantaresSP]:FIRST // Amethyst Size 0 Science Container
{
	@techRequired = engineering101
	@crashTolerance = 8
	%gTolerance = 15
    MODULE
	{
		name = Configure
		title = Living Creature Experiments
	}
}

@PART[4mv_science_container_s0_1]:NEEDS[TantaresSP,FeatureScience]:AFTER[zzzKerbalismDefault]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = HardDrive
		experiment_id = kiwi_insectStorage
		dataCapacity = 0
		sampleCapacity = 1
	}
}

which already i think i can see a mistake - because the Configure Experiments module gives you a choice between kiwi_insectStorage, kiwi_animalStorage, kiwi_insectRadiation, and kiwi_animalRadiation, but only adds storage for kiwi_insectStorage. But it seems like there must be an additional problem, because even the kiwi_insectStorage experiment claims to be depleted upon vessel launch.

Additionally, the set-up for the Dust Analysis experiments seems poorly designed? They have a different result for each biome from low orbit, but the experiment takes almost 4h to run, and each part only contains one sample. So unless I'm missing something, this works really poorly with the way Kerbalism's systems are set up and makes it really time consuming and finicky. It takes four hours to run per biome, but in low orbit, you'll only spend a few minutes or even just seconds over each biome at a time - and you can only have one version of the part running at a time, and each has only one sample processing one biome at a time - so the so the experiment has to stop and start constantly in a really inefficient way. Either you need to constantly manually stop and start and shuffle around storage, or it takes much longer than it should need to.

• 1 year later...

I know this is discontinued and all, but there's a bug that might (MIGHT) be able to be fixed by configs from you guys. I found that Tantares parts keep their positions in the stock tech tree instead of intended spots, and since this is probes before crew... that's a problem. For example, the Andromeda capsule comes at start as well as a lot of other parts that I'd rather not have so early. BDB is clearly not supported and I know that, but does anyone have a config to fix the main problem and maybe add some compatibility with BDB? Fairly certain that Tantares is supported but maybe the config just... isn't. I saw the file for Tantares compatibility as well as the positions for the parts in the tech tree, but for some reason it's not overriding and staying with the stock tech tree positions.

• 5 months later...

I'm having a problem with Restock+ parts replacing Making History. They were misplaced (I fixed that already) and also don't have upgrades. Don't know how to fix it? Alternatively, do you know of any other issues with Restock+ or Kerbalism? 

(I know it's not being developed anymore)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.