[1.12.4] Kerbin Side Remastered GAP - Flight contract pack [v2.1.7] [2022-12-19]

Caerfinon

2 hours ago, xZephy said:

I'm sorry to bother you all the time

No worries.

I looked at the contract in the persistent.sfs and you completed all the parameters for the prior to the pre-flight  checks but the duration timers just didn't start. I've never seen that before.

To you have a copy of the player.log file from this session? I'd like to get a look at that. Also if you use CKAN could you save an install mod list (under file menu) and post that as well?

EDIT:

Can you try try doing the rescue mission with another craft? A simple Mk2 cockpit and mk2 crew cabin would meet the requirements. and I only want to see if the pre-flight check completes and afterwards you can revert the contract. 

Edited by Caerfinon

56 minutes ago, xZephy said:

I can't fin dthe player.log in my pc I'm sorry.

Depending on you install

1. The Logs
    • Windows:
      - 1.8 or newer:
       %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\Player.log

• Mac OS X: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'Reports'. Scroll down the list and find the one which says "Log Reports", click that.  A list of files will be displayed in the top part of the window, in there will be Player.Log ( Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log ).  Right-click on it and select "Reveal in Finder".

• Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

Just now, xZephy said:

my game and steam

I use steam as well and this wis were the game writes the player.log to.  

PS C:\Users\rhkni> cd \AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\"
>> ^C
PS C:\Users\rhkni> cd .\AppData\
PS C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData> cd .\LocalLow\
PS C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\LocalLow> cd .\Squad\
PS C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\LocalLow\Squad> cd '.\Kerbal Space Program\'
PS C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program> ls

Directory: C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program

Mode                LastWriteTime         Length Name
----                -------------         ------ ----
d-----       2020-07-08   1:34 PM                Unity
-a----       2021-02-04   5:30 PM        6996498 Player-prev.log
-a----       2021-02-04  11:39 PM       10703687 Player.log

If it's not there you can do an advanced search on you drives looking for the Player.log file

Also: You have Stage Recovery installed, but not one of it's dependencies Space Tux

https://spacedock.info/mod/2210/SpaceTux Library

I'm not saying this is the issue, but misbehaving mods, misbehave.

I highly recommend using CKAN to keep all mods and dependencies up to date. It's not required however. 

5 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

Also: You have Stage Recovery installed, but not one of it's dependencies Space Tux

Yeah i just saw that yesterday during my attempt at the second Navy mission :')
i was using CKAN but after a while where my fav mods wasn't on it, i've quit it :/ 

I checked through the player log and while I didn't see anything obvious, I did notice that it ended in a game crash;

Uploading Crash Report
Uploading Crash Report
Setting up 2 worker threads for Enlighten.
  Thread -> id: 4e14 -> priority: 1 
  Thread -> id: 5b9c -> priority: 1 

This could indicate an issue in the game that is causing the problem with duration timers.

I think a first step would be to check that you had the latest versions of all of the mods you use, and install any missing dependencies.

You will find crash reports in windows in this directory:  <username>\AppData\LocalLow\Unity\CrashReports I'm no unity expert, but I'll look through it.

Also this link: Things you can to do make support easierhttp://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/ provids trouble shooting techniques that resolve most issues or helps to narrow in on what is going wrong.

4 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

I think a first step would be to check that you had the latest versions of all of the mods you use, and install any missing dependencies.

Yea i'll do a fresh install first, also for the crash, yea, i don't have that much RAM and KSP crash if i've Bluestacks or Facebook open at the same time, maybe it's that :/

Current Status:

• Issue 32 - runway/terminal stops have a 10 second duration for ramp deployment to prevent way-point from disappearing too quickly
  • Issue 33 - KSC runway marker has been changed from extreme western end of the runway to the centre of the runway

Changes are available on GitHub and will be included in the next scheduled release

Something to note:

In KSP 1.10 and 1.11 the HasCrewCapacity parameter in contracts used to count the EAS-1 External Command Seats as a regular crew spot. But since KSP 1.11.1 something weird is going on.

My parameter requires the min capacity of the craft to be 3. I have 2 seats in the command pod and 2 EAS-1 seats attached so capacity is 4, or so i thought.

If I put two kerbals in the command pod in the SPH and launch the parameter fails.

If I put one kerbal in the  command pod and one kerbal in the EAS-1 then the parameter completes normally.  Very odd, but something to consider in aircraft design going forward. 

8 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

Something to note:

In KSP 1.10 and 1.11 the HasCrewCapacity parameter in contracts used to count the EAS-1 External Command Seats as a regular crew spot. But since KSP 1.11.1 something weird is going on.

My parameter requires the min capacity of the craft to be 3. I have 2 seats in the command pod and 2 EAS-1 seats attached so capacity is 4, or so i thought.

If I put two kerbals in the command pod in the SPH and launch the parameter fails.

If I put one kerbal in the  command pod and one kerbal in the EAS-1 then the parameter completes normally.  Very odd, but something to consider in aircraft design going forward. 

Interesting, are they mounted on the outside, or in some part? Try putting the command seats inside a hollow structure tube or payload bay if you've just got them stuck on the outside. I've got a helicopter design with seats in an Airplane plus payload bay and never had it not count them, even if I launch with no one in the seats.

DKtyPNM.jpg

Also the 10 second counter on the landings is great!

8Hx4pYL.jpg

19 minutes ago, vardicd said:

are they mounted on the outside

They are mounted on the outside. Will have to test with seats inside a cargo-hold or structure tube.

20 minutes ago, vardicd said:

Also the 10 second counter on the landings is great!

Glad you like it!

21 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

They are mounted on the outside. Will have to test with seats inside a cargo-hold or structure tube.

Did you have a chance to check putting seats inside a payload or structure part? I just flew the navy cert mission again, and my 2 person cockpit, 4 command seat helicopter cleared the mission again, so still seems to be working on my end with no issues.

Spoiler

zMCDfgq.jpg

nuiRGgu.jpg

NvwpcIa.jpg

They uh, didn't go very far outside the base to "lose" this guy did they?

yagm92S.jpg

Fairly accurate landing.

opNCUdm.jpg

Underwater in the seat, it's fine though, I'm sure he can hold his breath. :P

gwgeUvG.jpg

And almost a pinpoint landing on the helipad

HmV410A.jpg

Contract complete.

ZTM90FB.jpg

10 hours ago, vardicd said:

seems to be working on my end with no issues.

It seems pretty random for me from ship to ship.

• my three seat navy rescue boat with only EAS-1 seats works fine
  • a new craft with only mk2 command pd and mk2 crew cabin doesn't work

There's something else going on to muck it up, and it only affects the certification mission. Normal rescue missions are fine :confused: 

Edited by Caerfinon

4 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

It seems pretty random for me from ship to ship.

• my three seat navy rescue boat with only EAS-1 seats works fine
  • a new craft with only mk2 command pd and mk2 crew cabin doesn't work

There's something else going on to muck it up, and it only affects the certification mission. Normal rescue missions are fine :confused: 

I wonder if its some kind of glitch where the part check is only seeing one kind of seat? It looks at your craft and sees either the cockpit/cabin parts, or the seat parts but not both. It's perfectly fine if you're only using one type of seat, like your navy rescue boat, but once you mix different types of seats, internal and external, it glitches and forgets to look at both types of seat or it counts the first set, then says nope not enough, counts the second type and says nope not enough and forgets to add the 2 together? I don't know how this works, I'm just throwing thoughts at the wall and hoping something sticks.

@vardicd It appears to be some remnants from a lot of mod installs and de-installs. My KSP log has a bunch of errors related to unknown modules and some exceptions from outdated mods. So I'm finally going to build separate instances of KSP; 

• A pure stock instance with no mods
  • A Dev instance that is as close to stock as possible that only has the mods needed to create and test KSR GAP contracts and test aircraft.
  • An Active Game instance for my career games

With any luck I should be able to nail down what's going on.

On 1/18/2021 at 4:46 AM, vardicd said:

Have you thought of using that to force spawn a 'wrecked plane cockpit' somewhere

Current Status:

Issue 27 : Rescue missions with spawned debris/crafts

• Missing Aircraft mission for the United Knations
    • An important UK flight has crashed and they need someone to go an retrieve the Transponder and bring it back for analysis
    • This implements @vardicd's suggestion from an earlier post and couples it with a little EVA Construction. 
    • You will need an Engineer on the mission to recover the part from the wrecked plane.
    • You can get to the crash site and retrieve the part by any method, but you need to fly it back to the KSC with the part attached to your aircraft. 
      • The part cannot be detected in either Stock Inventory or KIS inventory slots
      • Players can use EVA Construction or KIS if that mod is installed to complete the mission 
    • The mission will present itself when the normal UK missions do, and after all the parts that make up the crashed airplane are unlocked.
  • This is in play-test now and will be uploaded to GitHub and will be available with the next release.
Edited by Caerfinon

On 2/7/2021 at 11:14 AM, vardicd said:

the part check is only seeing one kind of seat?

It only seems to see the EAS-1 seats on my craft, if one of them is occupied at the time of launch, or if I transfer a Kerbal to one of the seats while on the runway.. I'm tired of wrestling with it so, I'm going to accept that for now... 

this is the way.

6 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

It only seems to see the EAS-1 seats on my craft, if one of them is occupied at the time of launch, or if I transfer a Kerbal to one of the seats while on the runway.. I'm tired of wrestling with it so, I'm going to accept that for now... 

this is the way.

It's weird that I can't replicate that behavior on my end. 

Sperate inquiry, I use Severedsolo's name generator mod, in my install so all my kerbals don't have Kerman as a last name. RP reasons and such. I don't really know the first thing about modding so I've hesitated to ask previously, as I don't have any idea how difficult it would be, but would it be possible for kerbals spawned by this contract pack to draw names from the name generator mod, if it's installed, so we don't have a plane full of 12 tourists all from the Kerman family? It sort of gets my OCD twitching just a little, but it's something I can COMPLETELY live with. It's not a demand, I don't want you to start a major code writing project just because one person has an OCD issue with his Kerbal's names, but I figured I'd ask, because if it turned out to be as simple as a couple lines of code, then there's no harm and since I don't know what kind of project it'd be, I won't know if I don't ask. 

If it's not something you want to put effort into, completely understand, or if it'd be a major effort, I don't want you to bother with it. I'm just asking how possible it would be, since you've certainly been willing to entertain my previous suggestions and recomendations.

2 hours ago, vardicd said:

I'm just asking how possible it would be

To access the information from the Name Generator mod directly would involve some customized code to create a new random name function that could be used in the spawn kerbal behaviour that would parse the surnames files the mod has. This is a bit of work.

Randomization of the surname using existing methods in Contract Configurator is possible, however it involves a lot of LIST array work and additional lines of code to piece the name together. It would be workable for the missions with very few spawned kerbals, but a flight with 80 tourists would be a lot to maintain I think. 

The largest problem would be the management of a separate instance of surnames to choose from and either store that in a group config data node, or in the persistent data store all while providing an option for people to use it or turn it off as they preferred.  

This is pretty much outside of where I want to go.

What would be better in my mind is if an outside mod such as Name Generator, or Kerbal Renamer ( https://github.com/KSP-RO/KerbalRenamer ) had the function to intercept the kerbal creation process and name them appropriately and return those names to the mod that generated the new kerbals.