[1.12.4] Kerbin Side Remastered GAP - Flight contract pack [v2.1.7] [2022-12-19]

Caerfinon

@Caerfinon This contract pack is fun and gave me a refreshing revisit of 1x scale (after playing 2.7x JNSQ and KSRSS for years). Thanks for making it.

I have some questions about the interaction between this pack and stock rescue and recovery contracts. Normally, contracts like "Rescue Billybob Kerman from orbit" are a great way to gain astronauts because they don't require paying the usual Astronaut Complex hiring fee which gets very expensive as the roster grows. With this contract pack, though, stock rescue contracts seem to be giving non-functioning citizens instead of useful pilots/scientists/engineers.

1. Is the behavior I described simply the way this pack works, or do I have an install problem?
  2. Other than filling seats, can a "citizen" do anything special as they gain experience?
  3. If I want to restore the usefulness of stock rescue contracts, do you think it's safe to uninstall your contract pack mid-game?

The stock rescue contracts use any kerbal type (not tourist) to populate their craft. I always used the MKS package in my games (which also allowed for additional kerbal types) and it had a configuration option that prevented all but the original pilots, engineers  and scientists from being rescue candidates. If you don't already use MKS, it's a pretty big ask for you to install that in your game to fix this issue. Alternatively, you could use a crew management mod to modify a citizen/civil-servant/servicekerbal rescued kerbal into one of the three main professions as required. Civil-Servants and Citizens have no capability of performing any activities except filling a seat in a vessel. The Servicekerbals have the ability to use a parachute pack for the KSIS agent missions.

Ship Manifest and  Roster Manager are examples of mods you could use for this purpose.  Or you could edit the persistent.sfs file for you save and make changes to the roster section as required.  

If you want to completely remove  Kerbin Side Remastered GAP from you game, I would recommend cancelling all contracts offered by the pack prior to deleting it. Also all of the Kerbal Konstruct items added by the mod will be removed. 

• Additional taxiways at Baikerbaunur airport
  • The Trans Kerbin Airlines buildings at the KSC
  • The United Knations complex at the Dununda airport
  • The water launch sites at all Naval Air Stations
  • The Air Terminal signs at each airport.

No objects provided by the Kerbin Side Remastered pack will be altered in any way. 

Edited by Caerfinon

Hi, after some years, I've returned to the game for some good old carreer fun, I've been trying to complete the "Let's start an airline" mission for the KSC, however I cannot seem to complete the contract, it doesn't want to recognize that I've landed at the KSC, so I can't complete the next steps either (taxi to the terminal, stop your aircraft, wait for ramp), is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

3 hours ago, Superawesome4141 said:

Hi, after some years, I've returned to the game for some good old carreer fun, I've been trying to complete the "Let's start an airline" mission for the KSC, however I cannot seem to complete the contract, it doesn't want to recognize that I've landed at the KSC, so I can't complete the next steps either (taxi to the terminal, stop your aircraft, wait for ramp), is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

I just started using this mod a few weeks ago and I think that contract worked for me without cheating it complete. I installed it via CKAN.

Reading through the contract cfg, here are some things to check. If any of these things don't happen you likely have an installation error:

• Accepting the contract should have added Mortimer Kerman to your crew. Do you see him in the Astronaut Complex?
  • Launch from SPH with only a pilot. You should get a message asking whether you want Mortimer to board. Does that happen?
  • Wait 5 seconds. Do you get message saying you have clearance for takeoff?

most of the airline flights begin with a  clearance for take off pop up dialog giving you clearance to take off. Wait on the runway after loading passengers until it occurs before take off. If you take off before this happens the all the parameters of the mission can't be completed in order. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello. I have an question.

Regarding airline contracts, the maximum number of contracts that can be concluded at the same time decreases with each increase in the number of contracts (especially when airline contracts fail due to an aircraft crash), is this a specification?

Initially, 5 contracts of ★1, 3 contracts of ★2, and 2 contracts of ★3 could be concluded at the same time, but after 3~4 failed contracts due to aircraft crash, now I can conclude 2 contracts of ★1, only 1 contract of ★2, and none of the contracts of ★3 (The number of contracts in below photo is backup data. Even this photo shows a decrease in the number of contracts.).

KWH7UIZ.jpg

As for the playing environment, it is KSP (1.12.5) for OS X. I had installed MODs such as Airplane Plus and used an aircraft that is used its parts.

If Above phenomenon is a bug, please let me know how to fix it.

Sorry if the  meaning of this questions are not clear due to machine translation from Japanese. Best regards.

Edited by Atsushi Y.
To fix mistake of Translation

@Atsushi Y. Yes, that is expected behaviour. Part of the contract system, both in stock and with Contract Configurator mod packs is to offer contracts based on whether you have enough reputation for the contractors to think you can complete them.

Your current reputation is shown in the middle gauge at the top of your screen, you gain reputation for completing milestones (like orbiting new worlds or landing on them) and by completing contracts. You lose reputation for failing contracts, crashing vessels and especially for killing kerbals.

The less reputation you have the less variety of contracts will be shown and some contracts may not show up at all unless your reputation is high enough.

Not all contracts offer reputation for completing them. Contract Configurator shows any reputation gain being offered in the rewards section at the bottom of the contract details screen marked with a star *

Picture showing where reputation is displayed (red boxes):

Spoiler

VT4gsEq.png

Reputation is also shown on the pop up screen when you recover a vessel:

gSeGmrI.png

And on the load save dialog:

bnFMNhT.png

Edited by Aelfhe1m
added screenshots

Posted (edited)

@Atsushi Y. @Aelfhe1m The reputation penalties for crashing a mission are rather severe and are increased for every passenger on the flight as well. The rational is that the more crashes an airline has, the less people will want to fly with them.

Edited by Caerfinon

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Itares said:

I think it doesn't work for me there is no extra airbases or something

@Itares This mod only supplies the Contracts for the flights. For it to work correctly you need to have the following mods installed as well.