How exactly does the new "repair" feature works?

Well... what the title says. The promos only give a superficial explanation. I am specially curious of:

1. What parts are liable to break and demand repairs? Any and all? Engines for instance, do they fail? Tanks leak?

2. Random failures occur? Or breaking happens  only to parts you stressed, such as  wheels, landing gears, or pannels that colided with something?

Edited by Daniel Prates

1 minute ago, Daniel Prates said:

1. What parts are liable to break and demand repairs? Any and all? Engines for instance, do they fail? Tanks leak?

The only parts that can break currently are rover wheels, extendable solar panels, antennae, radiators and Breaking Ground scanning arms. Engines can't fail, nor can tanks leak.

4 minutes ago, Daniel Prates said:

2. Random failures occur? Or breaking happens  only to parts you stressed, such as  wheels, landing gears, or pannels that colided with something?

Random failures don't happen.

1 hour ago, RealKerbal3x said:

The only parts that can break currently are rover wheels, extendable solar panels, antennae, radiators and Breaking Ground scanning arms. Engines can't fail, nor can tanks leak.

Random failures don't happen.

Thanks mate!

I'll say, it is a bit dissapointing.  I expected something akin to "dangit".  Seems that mod still has a lot of life in it yet.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.