What made you play KSP?

Dr. Kerbal

What made you play KSP? Well for me, it was through YouTube. I was searching up project StarShot on YouTube and cam across this video:

I though this video was a cool animation but then I relized it was a game after this video:

Then I immediately bought a copy of KSP on the console. Now I play on PC. 

And now I make YouTube videos of it. 

It's been almost eight years now. I want to say I read about it in an article, thought it sounded intriguing. I went and downloaded the demo, and I was hooked. Bought the full version after I played the demo for a couple of hours. We were on vacation and I was up until midnight every night playing a new video game. Imagine my wife's joy. :D

What made me play it?

I'd gone to the effort to download and install it.  It would have seemed like such a waste not to actually play it.

Seriously, though, a couple folks at work were talking about it.

I was at university and my housemate had the demo and I gave it a try. I think this was in 2011 or 2012. I bought the game in 2013 probably. I'm surprised I bought it as it wasn't really my kind of thing at the time. I think it got 'replaced' by DayZ as our house game!

i found a video about KSP. i forgot what is the channel. but after i wathced it, i think "hmmmmm... this game looks great, the graphic, the gameplay, and the :happy:'s! i think i'm gonna buy it" and yes, i really buy it.

My friend told me about this game "Kerbal Space Program", which I was thinking was like some "tycoon" type game where you manage a space program, rather than a space simulator.

Got the demo over Fourth of July weekend, spend around 16 straight hours playing and learning with help from Scott Manley, culminating with a mission to the Mun and back. 

Told myself I'd wait for a steam sale and just play the demo until then. I ended up breaking down within 2 days and bought the game after learning about space plane parts and all the other bodies in the system, beyond just the Mun.

This was over 7 years ago.

Funnily enough, I found about KSP from Tvtropes page. Here's how it went:

Around 2013-2014, I  was browsing about eldritch location (forget the actual page name) before stumbling on something. It's about how Kerbal will have their body violently twisted, mangled and stretched at creepily weird angles once they passed Jool's atmosphere before blows up in a cloud of dust (with a link on video about it). I clicked the video link and it leads me to Danny2462's video about messing around in kerbol system. A soon as I saw that scene, I thought 'Hey, this game looks great!' Then I searched around YouTube about it and I saw a lot of videos about flight challenges, amazing ship designs or just people messing around with Kerbals by blowing up stuff or breaking the game's physics. That alone is enough to motivate me to get the game (I also love building stuff). Now here I am, actively visiting the forum and engage in discussion with other players

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.