[Min KSP 1.11] WIP: SunkWorks Maritime Technologies

Angelo Kerman

@Bizobinator It's probably not SunkWorks. I just checked my ModuleManager.ConfigCache file and the jetpack in my game build is still showing 17L.

You can find out which mods are affecting the jetpack by opening the file Logs/ModuleManager/ModuleManager.log in a text editor and searching for Jetpack.cfg/PART[evaJetpack]

In my current game build I get 14 matches from 8 different mods:

Spoiler

Line  5749: [LOG 23:38:53.903] Applying update 999_KSP-Recall/patches/EDITOR_160/@PART[*]:HAS[~bulkheadProfiles[]] to Squad/Parts/Cargo/Jetpack/Jetpack.cfg/PART[evaJetpack]
    Line  8384: [LOG 23:38:54.284] Applying update 999_KSP-Recall/patches/fundskeeper/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleAsteroid],!MODULE[ModuleComet],!MODULE[KerbalEVA]]:NEEDS[KSPRECALL-FUNDSKEEPER] to Squad/Parts/Cargo/Jetpack/Jetpack.cfg/PART[evaJetpack]
    Line 12289: [LOG 23:38:54.887] Applying update 999_KSP-Recall/patches/refunding/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleAsteroid],!MODULE[ModuleComet],!MODULE[KerbalEVA]]:NEEDS[KSPRECALL-REFUNDING] to Squad/Parts/Cargo/Jetpack/Jetpack.cfg/PART[evaJetpack]
    Line 16194: [LOG 23:38:55.416] Applying update 999_KSP-Recall/patches/stealbackfunds/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleAsteroid],!MODULE[ModuleComet],!MODULE[KerbalEVA]]:NEEDS[KSPRECALL-STEALBACKFUNDS] to Squad/Parts/Cargo/Jetpack/Jetpack.cfg/PART[evaJetpack]
    Line 25663: [LOG 23:39:22.280] Applying update WildBlueIndustries/Sandcastle/Patches/CargoPartInfos/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCargoPart],!MODULE[WBIPrinterRequirements]] to Squad/Parts/Cargo/Jetpack/Jetpack.cfg/PART[evaJetpack]
    Line 26348: [LOG 23:39:23.249] Applying update WildBlueIndustries/SunkWorks/Patches/StockDroppableParts/@PART[evaJetpack,evaCylinder,evaRepairKit,evaScienceKit] to Squad/Parts/Cargo/Jetpack/Jetpack.cfg/PART[evaJetpack]
    Line 36177: [LOG 23:39:40.471] Applying update RocketSoundEnhancementDefault/Configs/ShipEffects/@PART:HAS[~RSENoFX[*],#crashTolerance]:AFTER[RocketSoundEnhancementDefault] to Squad/Parts/Cargo/Jetpack/Jetpack.cfg/PART[evaJetpack]
    Line 46438: [LOG 23:40:07.897] Applying update PartInfoInPAW/PartInfoInPAW/@PART[*]:FOR[zzzzzzzzPartInfoInPAW] to Squad/Parts/Cargo/Jetpack/Jetpack.cfg/PART[evaJetpack]
    Line 50392: [LOG 23:40:09.014] Applying update KSPCommunityFixes/MMPatches/ModSupport/KSPRecall/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[Refunding]]:LAST[999_KSP-Recall] to Squad/Parts/Cargo/Jetpack/Jetpack.cfg/PART[evaJetpack]
    Line 54334: [LOG 23:40:10.147] Applying update KSPCommunityFixes/MMPatches/ModSupport/KSPRecall/@PART[*]:HAS[#hasRefundingOnRecovery[?rue]]:LAST[999_KSP-Recall] to Squad/Parts/Cargo/Jetpack/Jetpack.cfg/PART[evaJetpack]
    Line 58276: [LOG 23:40:10.571] Applying update KSPCommunityFixes/MMPatches/ModSupport/KSPRecall/@PART[*]:HAS[#hasRefundingOnRecovery]:LAST[999_KSP-Recall] to Squad/Parts/Cargo/Jetpack/Jetpack.cfg/PART[evaJetpack]
    Line 62211: [LOG 23:40:11.906] Applying update 999_KSP-Recall/patches/attached-on-editor/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[ProceduralPart],!MODULE[WingProcedural],!MODULE[ModuleAsteroid],!MODULE[ModuleComet],!MODULE[KerbalEVA]]:LAST[KSPRECALL-ATTACHED-ON-EDITOR]:NEEDS[TweakScale] to Squad/Parts/Cargo/Jetpack/Jetpack.cfg/PART[evaJetpack]
    Line 67544: [LOG 23:40:32.573] Applying update KSP_PartVolume/AddToAllParts/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleCargoPart],!MODULE[ModuleInventoryPart],!MODULE[KerbalEVA]]:FINAL to Squad/Parts/Cargo/Jetpack/Jetpack.cfg/PART[evaJetpack]
    Line 71088: [LOG 23:40:35.525] Applying update PartInfo/PartInfo/@PART[*]:HAS[~name[TCAModule*],~name[Deployed*],~name[Potato*]]:FINAL to Squad/Parts/Cargo/Jetpack/Jetpack.cfg/PART[evaJetpack]

Depending on what mods you have installed, your list will likely be different. Once you've identified all the patches being applied it's then a case of looking at each one and seeing if it modifies packedVolume

Edited by Aelfhe1m
Add @ username

11 hours ago, Bizobinator said:

Hello! I think I've encountered a bug, where this mod ends up setting the volume of the base-game EVA jetpack to 77L instead of 17L?
What would you need from me to continue further? Since this didn't have a crash, does the log file help at all?

I noticed that dropping the EVA jetpack on the ground (feature added by Sunk Works) and then picking it up may increase it's mass up to 20t. It's not shown anywhere but boarding a vessel with the glitched jetpack  increases the mass of a cockpit by 20t. Maybe the volume is affected as well.

On 2/14/2024 at 9:48 PM, Aelfhe1m said:

You can find out which mods are affecting the jetpack

SunkWorks has a MM patch adding ModuleGroundPart to the jetpack and it is having some unforeseen consequences

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/23/2024 at 4:56 PM, stk2008 said:

another issue sorry

even setting difficulty to hard the Kerbals never drown

JGZzH78.png

It’s been awhile since I worked on this mod. I think I disabled the drowning feature. I got pretty burnt out from making the boat parts and haven’t returned to it yet. With KSP 2’s apparent demise, I may take another look since I’m starting to think about modding KSP again. At the least SunkWorks needs a few bug fixes.

The hard part is that my license to my 3D art program ran out at the end of 2022 and don’t have access to the source files anymore. Learning Blender has been a big challenge too. Eventually I’ll figure it out though.

So no promises of new parts and I’m in limbo waiting to see what happens with KSP 2 at the end of the month…

On 5/21/2024 at 7:19 AM, stk2008 said:

Hi

I am still getting crazy spam when placing these three motors.
Please find attached a zip with the log files at the time of placing them

5JvJWua.jpeg

https://oshi.at/RxPC/KSPBugReport_2024-05-21_151732.zip

Thanks so much in advance :)

I'm not seeing your NREs in my test build, without posting all your logs, can you provide me the last few lines where you see that NullRefrenceException going on?

I tried looking on Ckan for this mod. I couldn't find it. If possible, please put this on Ckan, please. I'm not good at doing it manually and I now rely on Ckan for mod management. Thx for your time. 

20 hours ago, Angelo Kerman said:

With KSP 2’s apparent demise, I may take another look since I’m starting to think about modding KSP again. At the least SunkWorks needs a few bug fixes.

It would be awesome to see KSP1's Wild Blue mods getting some more love from you.  I hope it happens.

Regarding SunkWorks bugs, I personally have a consistent issue where ballast tanks that are set to be trim tanks just don't seem to keep the setting.  Get everything all set up in the SPH/VAB and on launch the tank becomes a straight ballast tank.  Could be a problem on my end (some unholy interaction between mods), but might be something worth looking into.

Regarding something noted awhile back about the jetpack gaining a bunch of mass when placed on the surface and being picked back up by a kerbal, I do not believe that it is a bug specific to SunkWorks.  The same thing happens when I have added the ground part module to parts from other mods (specifically, BDB in this case).

On 6/17/2024 at 10:15 AM, Foxalpha09 said:

I tried looking on Ckan for this mod. I couldn't find it. If possible, please put this on Ckan, please. I'm not good at doing it manually and I now rely on Ckan for mod management. Thx for your time. 

I didn't realize that SunkWorks wasn't on CKAN. That's an oversight.

1 hour ago, Angelo Kerman said:

I didn't realize that SunkWorks wasn't on CKAN. That's an oversight.

I would have asked before, but your name is on the opt-out list, so I took that to mean you didn't want any more of your mods on there.

4 hours ago, Grenartia said:

I would have asked before, but your name is on the opt-out list, so I took that to mean you didn't want any more of your mods on there.

Yeah, that was from several years ago. I should be taken off the opt-out list as I've had my mods listed for years now...

is this mod supposed to increase the volume size of EVA backpacks in the inventory to 72 liters? or is this some kind of conflict or bug related to another mod on my end?

39 minutes ago, Kazako said:

is this mod supposed to increase the volume size of EVA backpacks in the inventory to 72 liters?

Did you drop the EVAjetpack on the ground and then pick it up? This is how I increased the jetpack's mass up to 20t. And they can't be refueled. So I disabled the patch that turns jetpacks into deployable ground part. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2024 at 9:52 AM, Manul said:

Did you drop the EVAjetpack on the ground and then pick it up? This is how I increased the jetpack's mass up to 20t. And they can't be refueled. So I disabled the patch that turns jetpacks into deployable ground part. 

I'll be removing that patch in the next update. That should help. Trying to get to things as I'm able.

• 2 weeks later...

@Rjoande

Hi. The creator of this mod has the most experience that I know of when it comes to knowing what can and can't be done with Kerbals and what they wear. They may be able to help you with whether what you want to do is possible or not. Otherwise you might want to look up people who post patches in the Module Manager Patches thread, they may know too.

On 7/14/2024 at 7:53 PM, ksp guy14 said:

do i need WildBlueIndustries to run this mod?

The dependencies that SunkWorks needs are included in the download. The readme contains the installation instructions and shows the structure of the folders after installation. Specifically:

Simply copy all the files into your GameData folder. When done, it should look like:

Simply copy all the files into your GameData folder. When done, it should look like:

GameData
	WildBlueIndustries
		SunkWorks
		WildBlueCore
	ModuleManager.dll (the latest version is included)

4 hours ago, Angelo Kerman said:

Unless you're on Mac, in which case, carefully copy them in a directory at a time. Then again, those on Mac probably are already aware of this.

I cannot seem to find any of the hulls aside from the bow portion. I thought it was a variant thing but I don't see anything there either. is there something I'm missing?

Also, are bridge/superstructure parts or even other types of keels/hulls (tumblehome, trimaran, catamaran, etcetera) planned?

Edited by Av8tor8a

On 7/20/2024 at 4:53 PM, Av8tor8a said:

I cannot seem to find any of the hulls aside from the bow portion. I thought it was a variant thing but I don't see anything there either. is there something I'm missing?

Also, are bridge/superstructure parts or even other types of keels/hulls (tumblehome, trimaran, catamaran, etcetera) planned?

The bow was the only hull that I got to before I put the mod on long hiatus. My Buffalo2  mod has superstructure part variants for its body parts. I don't know if/when I circle back to the boat hulls.