[WIP] Homeworld Planet Mod Development Page

smushanoob

Hey @smushanoob , I'm looking at this mod for addition to CKAN after we received the automated PR from SpaceDock.

While trying to figure out the relationships of this mod, I decided to play-test it to make sure I got everything right, and it appears to me that this mod has a hard dependency on Scatterer. Is this possible?
Without Scatterer and its default configs the planet textures and lightning are buggy, see the images I've posted here.

Also I've noticed your release zip includes a .git directory, you might want to exclude that, it takes up space, increases loading times (because KSP needs to scan every file and folder inside to determine whether it's something it wants to load), and could potentially reveal secrets or other things you don't want to be public.

On 6/21/2021 at 2:42 PM, smushanoob said:

the license has changed to CC-BY-NC-SA. read about it here https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/ 

The license of the whole mod? In this case you should update the forum post and the SpaceDock page, I'll adjust it in the CKAN metadata as well.

Edited by DasSkelett

8 minutes ago, DasSkelett said:

Hey @smushanoob , I'm reviewing this mod for addition to CKAN after we received the automated PR from SpaceDock.

While trying to figure out the relationships of this mod, I decided to play-test it to make sure I got everything right, and it appears to me that this mod has a hard dependency on Scatterer. Is this possible?
Without Scatterer and its default configs the planet textures and lightning are buggy, see the images I've posted here.

Also I've noticed your release zip includes a .git directory, you might want to exclude that, it takes up space, increases loading times (because KSP needs to scan every file and folder inside to determine whether it's something it wants to load), and could potentially reveal secrets or other things you don't want to be public.

I'll take a look. I've tried to go through atmorim (sky effects from space) issues with R-T-B himself, (and couldn't figure it out) and that might be the culprit. I'll see what I can do to attempt to make a fix. I think I know what is happening. (this wouldn't be a lighting issue either)

edit again: i was mentioning TWB's license change in the previous post, not my license change.

10 minutes ago, DasSkelett said:

Hey @smushanoob , I'm reviewing this mod for addition to CKAN after we received the automated PR from SpaceDock.

The license of the whole mod? In this case you should update the forum post and the SpaceDock page, I'll adjust it in the CKAN metadata as well.

Ok so i've tested without scatterer, and I don't seem to be getting the issue your having. Due to the lingering of assets I don't want currently released, I could possibly release a fixed and working version onto CKAN when i've completed a full release. Would this work out?

Edited by smushanoob

1 hour ago, smushanoob said:

Ok so i've tested without scatterer, and I don't seem to be getting the issue your having. Due to the lingering of assets I don't want currently released, I could possibly release a fixed and working version onto CKAN when i've completed a full release. Would this work out?

Sure, we can wait with indexing until the mod is stable and fully published, no problem.  That's what most authors prefer.
I don't want to index the mod before finding the cause of the visual bugs I experienced anyway, because it's possible that it's caused by how CKAN installs it in combination with the other visual mods, which would mean all CKAN users would suffer from the same problem, and that would obviously be bad.

I've just tested again with only Homeworld, Kopernicus, MFI, ModuleManager and the DLCs installed on KSP 1.11.2, and all planets still have this bright "overexposed" effect.  So I can at least rule out interference from any other mod.

2 minutes ago, DasSkelett said:

Sure, we can wait with indexing until the mod is stable and fully published, no problem.  That's what most authors prefer.
I don't want to index the mod before finding the cause of the visual bugs I experienced anyway, because it's possible that it's caused by how CKAN installs it in combination with the other visual mods, which would mean all CKAN users would suffer from the same problem, and that would obviously be bad.

I've just tested again with only Homeworld, Kopernicus, MFI, ModuleManager and the DLCs installed on KSP 1.11.2, and all planets still have this bright "overexposed" effect.  So I can at least rule out interference from any other mod.

The white sky rims from space would be the result of a texture input not being given to the sky rim texture path, which should be fixed in the full version. I don't know why exactly this happened, but it should be fixed in the full release.

Oops read it wrong. I know how to fix the overexposed effect.

Edited by smushanoob

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sorry and excited to announce that I am currently restructuring the homesystem. This will push release back for a long time. I hope you find the patience to wait for this, as I want the mod to be truly to my liking.

-Smushanoob