[1.8.x - 1.12.x] SimpleRepaint: Universal, simple and lightweight parts recoloring

Judicator81

Version 0.4.2 released.

Changelog:

• Added three drills from MKS mod to greylist.
  • Added blacklist for Kerbal Atomics, added reactors and RTGs from dev version of Near Future Electrical to blacklist.
  • Moved greylist to separate GreyList.cfg file.
  • Bundled B9PartSwitch updated to last version (2.20.0).
  • Mod is marked as 1.12.5 compatible.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey I've been using this mod for a while and I love it but lately (like a couple of weeks ago) it just stoped working, I'm running a highly modded version of 1.12.5, I haven't installed any new mods lately, what would the issue be? 

22 hours ago, kerballover15 said:

Hey I've been using this mod for a while and I love it but lately (like a couple of weeks ago) it just stoped working, I'm running a highly modded version of 1.12.5, I haven't installed any new mods lately, what would the issue be? 

What do you mean by "stopped working"?
UI options for repainting parts have disappeared from PAW menu in VAB/Hangar or repainting doesn't work? Problem persists for all parts or only for specific ones?

Anyway, I'll need logs to investigate.

On 1/9/2024 at 8:08 AM, Judicator81 said:

What do you mean by "stopped working"?
UI options for repainting parts have disappeared from PAW menu in VAB/Hangar or repainting doesn't work? Problem persists for all parts or only for specific ones?

Anyway, I'll need logs to investigate.

The vessels that I  have saved in the VAB /SPH still retain their repainted color but when I try to repaint a new part in the VAB/SPH the color selection thing doesn't show up in the menu.  Also  how do  I send you the logs

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, DaveyJ576 said:

If I wanted to add the color white to the list in Colors.cfg, how would I do that?

Well you could edit one of the unused values (colours 21, 22, 23 and 24) at the end of the file to include white (either pure white with the value #ffffff or KSP off-white #ececec), but it is generally better not to edit a mod's files directly but use a Module Manager patch instead. This prevents your changes being undone if the mod updates in the future. For this case, copy the following text into a new text file and save it somewhere in GameData as a .cfg file (I'd suggest creating a folder for your own patches if you don't already have one and saving it as SimpleRepaint_Colour.cfg):

@SIMPLE_REPAINT_COLORS:AFTER[SimpleRepaint]
{
	@COLOR_24
	{
		@name = white
		@title = White
		@color = #ececec // or #ffffff if you prefer
	}
}

If you want to add a second colour choice for the other white variant, you could do another patch altering COLOR_23 provided you used a different name and title value.

If there is another colour you want to add then a simple way to find the #value for that colour is to go to Google and search for "colour picker" and it will display a simple web app

Spoiler

FJ4rFMy.png

2 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

Well you could edit one of the unused values (colours 21, 22, 23 and 24) at the end of the file to include white (either pure white with the value #ffffff or KSP off-white #ececec), but it is generally better not to edit a mod's files directly but use a Module Manager patch instead. This prevents your changes being undone if the mod updates in the future. For this case, copy the following text into a new text file and save it somewhere in GameData as a .cfg file (I'd suggest creating a folder for your own patches if you don't already have one and saving it as SimpleRepaint_Colour.cfg):

@SIMPLE_REPAINT_COLORS:AFTER[SimpleRepaint]
{
	@COLOR_24
	{
		@name = white
		@title = White
		@color = #ececec // or #ffffff if you prefer
	}
}

If you want to add a second colour choice for the other white variant, you could do another patch altering COLOR_23 provided you used a different name and title value.

If there is another colour you want to add then a simple way to find the #value for that colour is to go to Google and search for "colour picker" and it will display a simple web app

Hide contents

FJ4rFMy.png

Thank you! I will look into it.

• 2 months later...

Hello @Judicator81! Thanks for this mod! I'm using it on my install since I use Restock and I'm hoping one day there'll be Textures Unlimited Recolour Depot configs for it.

I've got a question though. Say I play with this mod on my save, and one day in the future I decide to uninstall it and install (or not to) a different colouring mod. Will my save/crafts be fine? Would I get any errors or bugs, or will they just color themselves back to vanilla without any side effects on my progress and builds?

On 5/29/2024 at 7:22 PM, MARL_Mk1 said:

I've got a question though. Say I play with this mod on my save, and one day in the future I decide to uninstall it and install (or not to) a different colouring mod. Will my save/crafts be fine? Would I get any errors or bugs, or will they just color themselves back to vanilla without any side effects on my progress and builds?

SimpleRepaint use B9PartSwitch (or in some cases stock PartVariant) to alter part color. All variants and subtypes introduced neither add/alter any resources nor change part parameters (mass, cost, ...).
So, uninstalling SimpleRepaint mid-save should not cause any harm to your crafts. Some error messages in KSP.log to be expected, of course, on save load, but that's ok.

• 2 months later...