Changing before EVA

WhatALovelyNick

4 hours ago, WhatALovelyNick said:

Unfortunately -- it isn't :(

Interesting.  I've been looking into the suits thing.  I have access to that data in flight, so it then becomes only an issue of where to put it in the UI.  Since the Roster window is available for the active crew, it makes sense to add it there.   I can add a Change suit button to the crew member line and include the currently worn suit as a data item.  click change suit, select an available suit, and click save.

Will that work?  I will look at adding that to the next release of ShipManifest

5 minutes ago, Papa_Joe said:

Interesting.  I've been looking into the suits thing.  I have access to that data in flight, so it then becomes only an issue of where to put it in the UI.  Since the Roster window is available for the active crew, it makes sense to add it there.   I can add a Change suit button to the crew member line and include the currently worn suit as a data item.  click change suit, select an available suit, and click save.

I look forward to it!

1 hour ago, Papa_Joe said:

That would be terrific!

On 12/2/2021 at 11:40 PM, Papa_Joe said:

Jumping in with the crowd, this sounds like a great idea.

On 12/4/2021 at 7:28 PM, lemon cup said:

Jumping in with the crowd, this sounds like a great idea.

Follow up.  As posted in the ShipManifest topic, I've implemented this feature.  Check out the preliminary change log in that topic.

Ship Manifest New release

Version 6.0.4.0 - Release 12 Dec 2021 - KSP 1.12.2
--------------------------------------------------
- New: Added support to the Roster Window for selecting spacesuits while in Space Center and in Flight for assigned Crew.
 - New: Added  a realism setting for Realistic Crew transfers. you can now disable sounds and delay from Crew Transfers. 
   Previously, you had to disable Realistic Transfers to get similar behavior. Realistic Transfers has been renamed to Realistic Resource Transfers.
   The Realistic Crew transfers option is found under "Enable SM Crew Transfers" in the Realism Tab of the Settings Window.
 - Changed:  Complete Refactoring of localization strings to improve performance and maintainability.
   This completes the application wide refactor to make all localization string usage static
   instead of instanced.
   Components affected:
   - Manifest Window
   - Transfer Window
   - Roster Window
   - Settings Window and all tabs
   - Control Window and remaining tabs
 - Fixed: Replaced hard coded string in Settings.Config Tab to use localization "(lines)".
   Updated localization files to include new reference.
 - Fixed: Restored Input UI screen locks.  Some UI elements cannot be blocked, such as the Crew Portraits, and the Control panel at the top of the screen.
   Click thru will still occur in these areas.
 - Fixed: incorrect localization string references in Science Tab.  Lab Boost should now read Xmit Bonus.  Some ToolTips were incorrect.

@WhatALovelyNick, this should meet your desires.  

This thread is done imho...

Edited by Papa_Joe

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.