How will the Galaxy be?

How big will the Kerbal Galaxy be? Will it be 100 thousand light years like our one or 1/10 scale like everything else in Ksp OR...........(drum roll please) will it not be a galaxy at all but the local stellar group of the Kerbol system because the devs do not want a whole galaxy (the drum roll was not because of it being an exciting possibility but because it was a mouthful)

How many highly detailed celestial bodies you think they managed to handcraft in 4 years? Whole galaxy is possible where most bodies are fully procedurally generated (Elite Dangerous, No Man's Sky, Space Engine). At best we're going to get a dozen of nearest stars, probably less.

32 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

A couple stars and a skybox.

1 hour ago, The Aziz said:

How many highly detailed celestial bodies you think they managed to handcraft in 4 years? Whole galaxy is possible where most bodies are fully procedurally generated (Elite Dangerous, No Man's Sky, Space Engine). At best we're going to get a dozen of nearest stars, probably less.

I agree, thanks for your feedback! Also sorry for being inactive in the last few weeks

I doubt there will be more than 4 star systems excluding the Kerbol system, as all we have seen is DebDeb (1) and some bodies that are not in DebDeb (2) which could be in multiple solar systems (3) and potentially a black hole all of these things are revolving around (4?)

The devs have all but confirmed that there will be DLC, and I think that a DLC including 3 to 4 more detailed systems would be really good value for $20 or so. 

10 Years of KSP1 and most people never left Kerbin's SOI, we won't need any galaxy, games with entire galaxies worth of space do so by trivializing interstellar travel and leaving everything basically empty, empires using a whole planet for a single city and putting a station or two every solar system while fighting for systems that would be impractically distant if the setting wouldn't have literally magic propulsion methods.

On 12/28/2021 at 6:09 PM, t_v said:

I doubt there will be more than 4 star systems excluding the Kerbol system, as all we have seen is DebDeb (1) and some bodies that are not in DebDeb (2) which could be in multiple solar systems (3) and potentially a black hole all of these things are revolving around (4?)

The devs have all but confirmed that there will be DLC, and I think that a DLC including 3 to 4 more detailed systems would be really good value for $20 or so. 

Love your take, I have said similar things before too. That would be a DLC I would buy in a heartbeat.