Trying to recover a KSP Enhanced Edition lost corrupted deleted save file.

So I recently had a problem with ksp enhanced edition on The Xbox series x. A while back like a week ago, I had lost one of my worlds due to a corrupted lost deleted world file and I had spoke to ksp support and they were unable to help me but they told me that I could put ksp enhanced edition on to a hard drive and plug it into a computer and to look at the persistent.sfs files to possibly recover this world. I would really like if someone told me what to do because I'm not a expert on computers because I specifically bought a laptop so I could recover the lost world file and that would be amazing because I have put with out a doubt 3000+ hours playing in that world save and I would like to recover it so I'f anyone could tell me the steps on how to find and how to access the hardrive and how to get to persistent.sfs files for ksp and how to recover my lost corrupted deleted save file that would be the best day of my life.

On 3/7/2022 at 11:12 PM, KSP_engineer55 said:

So I recently had a problem with ksp enhanced edition on The Xbox series x. A while back like a week ago, I had lost one of my worlds due to a corrupted lost deleted world file and I had spoke to ksp support and they were unable to help me but they told me that I could put ksp enhanced edition on to a hard drive and plug it into a computer and to look at the persistent.sfs files to possibly recover this world. 

If I undertood correctly,  you need to buy an external USB hard drive (or a very big thumbstick) and tell XBox to move your game to it.

You will probably have to format it on the Xbox.

Then you stick the mass storage device on the PC and can copy the files to your computer. So one can try to salvage it. 

But reading XBox formatted drives on PC is slightly tricky. But doable:

https://digiex.net/threads/copy-and-extract-content-from-an-xbox-one-usb-formatted-drive-on-a-windows-pc.13584/

These step are intimidating, but it's not a big deal after you do it the first time. I suggest you buy and play a bit a cheap dispostosable game (to create a guinea pig savegame) and use it first while you find your way on the mess. If anything goes wrong, all you need to do is to download and play a bit the disposable game again - and so you don't risk losing the valuable KSP datafiles.

Spoiler

(Sheet happens! :sticktongue: )

Once you manage to have the data files on your notebook, make some zipped copies of it (we are going to screw up things a bunch of times until we hit the sweet spot) and then ping me here with using @Lisias (type @ then type lisias).

Good hacking! You are going to be 1337 ! ;)

Edited by Lisias
tyops gallore!

• 1 month later...
On 3/8/2022 at 2:12 AM, KSP_engineer55 said:

So I recently had a problem with ksp enhanced edition on The Xbox series x. A while back like a week ago, I had lost one of my worlds due to a corrupted lost deleted world file and I had spoke to ksp support and they were unable to help me but they told me that I could put ksp enhanced edition on to a hard drive and plug it into a computer and to look at the persistent.sfs files to possibly recover this world. I would really like if someone told me what to do because I'm not a expert on computers because I specifically bought a laptop so I could recover the lost world file and that would be amazing because I have put with out a doubt 3000+ hours playing in that world save and I would like to recover it so I'f anyone could tell me the steps on how to find and how to access the hardrive and how to get to persistent.sfs files for ksp and how to recover my lost corrupted deleted save file that would be the best day of my life.

Hi, I'm not sure what the issue was but I lost a career due to corrupted save file a long while back. I couldn't recover it and in the end I decided to just bite the bullet and start a new one. I then worked out a way to save my ps4 saves to an external USB drive and got in to the habit of doing this a couple of times to ensure I had a fallback point. 

Unless you know computers I wouldn't recommend manually mate

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.