[1.12x] RSMP (formally SWE)

Adiri

1 hour ago, Delay said:

Sure!
x1dffAo.png

Most of this are related to JNSQ, and I re-downloaded all mods for this install, so everything should be up to date.

Edit: One more thing: The Kickback in combination with with BetterSRBs results in a flameout time that's longer than whatever you set the timer to. The result is: No flameout effect!

And you updated waterfall?

31 minutes ago, Adiri said:

And you updated waterfall?

Huh... seems like I might've had an outdated version. Reinstalled waterfall and testing it right now. If that fixes it then I'm really sorry for the inconvenience!

Edit: Yeah... that did it. Fixed the Kickback problems I had as well. Only problem left is the RAM's effect offset.
Again, I'm really sorry for bothering you with something that turned out to be my fault!

Edited by Delay

1 hour ago, Delay said:

Huh... seems like I might've had an outdated version. Reinstalled waterfall and testing it right now. If that fixes it then I'm really sorry for the inconvenience!

Edit: Yeah... that did it. Fixed the Kickback problems I had as well. Only problem left is the RAM's effect offset.
Again, I'm really sorry for bothering you with something that turned out to be my fault!

It's alright

Amazing mod! I have a problem though. When the SRB is finished and there is no fuel, it keeps on running until like 5 minutes after. And after that happens and it doesnt run anymore, the sound is still there. Any help?

26 minutes ago, ksp player said:

When the SRB is finished and there is no fuel, it keeps on running until like 5 minutes after.

That flameout effect is intentional (although I wish it slowly weakened over time). During a space shuttle launch the boosters kept burning for quite a while longer without producing any thrust. Maybe it does last a bit too long,though.
I guess the sound is intentional too.

9 hours ago, Delay said:

That flameout effect is intentional (although I wish it slowly weakened over time). During a space shuttle launch the boosters kept burning for quite a while longer without producing any thrust. Maybe it does last a bit too long,though.
I guess the sound is intentional too.

Sound, idk how to fix, i think its just broken.
The burnout could definitely last less time though, i dont think i can weaken it. I'll take a look

6 hours ago, Adiri said:

i dont think i can weaken it.

I looked at how the effect works and you basically use a timer that's counting down from some huge number to zero, and the burnout effect is active while that timer is > 0.

Is the thrust variable the only thing that can vary an effect's strength? I don't know nearly enough about the ins and outs of Waterfall to suggest anything here, unfortunately.

12 hours ago, Delay said:

I looked at how the effect works and you basically use a timer that's counting down from some huge number to zero, and the burnout effect is active while that timer is > 0.

Is the thrust variable the only thing that can vary an effect's strength? I don't know nearly enough about the ins and outs of Waterfall to suggest anything here, unfortunately.

I’m not sure honestly, I’ve tried messing around with it before, haven’t gotten anything good

18 hours ago, Rakete said:

Any chance to may get a tufx-not-required version of RSMP in the next weeks ?! 

It already isn't required, unless CKAN is goofed.

On 7/9/2023 at 4:32 AM, Adiri said:

It already isn't required, unless CKAN is goofed.

Yeah, but you said and showed those strange blue and black artifacts caused by too high brightness and told this issue would still be there at the moment, if nit combined with tufx

19 hours ago, Rakete said:

Yeah, but you said and showed those strange blue and black artifacts caused by too high brightness and told this issue would still be there at the moment, if nit combined with tufx

It doesn’t show up 99% of the time, and I haven’t found a way to fix it without breaking the entire plume. I was gonna mess around with the configs yesterday but I’m sick now so that isn’t going to happen.

Update: I took the github repo as a whole, and extracted the Gamedatafolder (and the things in it) and placed it correctly in the gamedata folder (like any other mod)... The SWE/RSMP-Effects show up, but also the old stock effects.

9 hours ago, Rakete said:

Update: I took the github repo as a whole, and extracted the Gamedatafolder (and the things in it) and placed it correctly in the gamedata folder (like any other mod)... The SWE/RSMP-Effects show up, but also the old stock effects.

Send a picture of your gamedata, and what it looks like in ksp.  Also, some stuff isnt finished yet.

12 hours ago, Adiri said:

Send a picture of your gamedata, and what it looks like in ksp.  Also, some stuff isnt finished yet.

Found the issue... Real plume stock was missing. It was not mentioned in the dependencies, so found the hint here in some post.

13 hours ago, Rakete said:

Found the issue... Real plume stock was missing. It was not mentioned in the dependencies, so found the hint here in some post.

alrighty, will change that

Great mod. I like the love and energy, that was put into this mod. 

I got some thoughts on the actual plume designs... You may consider or ignore them.

the plume particles (the big glowing things).... aren't they moving way too slow ? Especially at higher speeds it looks kinda ... ...  unexpected. You leave behind a long smoke trail but  drop those glowing particles, which kind of accelerates with your ship, what the shouldn't. They should almost stay in the place where they where dropped, like smoke clouds. Or am i wrong?

And the usage of an SRB in vacuum looks also a little bit strange. (I made a single use escape system, that uses cheap SRBs for deorbiting... 

10 hours ago, Rakete said:

Great mod. I like the love and energy, that was put into this mod. 

I got some thoughts on the actual plume designs... You may consider or ignore them.

the plume particles (the big glowing things).... aren't they moving way too slow ? Especially at higher speeds it looks kinda ... ...  unexpected. You leave behind a long smoke trail but  drop those glowing particles, which kind of accelerates with your ship, what the shouldn't. They should almost stay in the place where they where dropped, like smoke clouds. Or am i wrong?

And the usage of an SRB in vacuum looks also a little bit strange. (I made a single use escape system, that uses cheap SRBs for deorbiting... 

if you can show some pictures it might help me improve on them.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, peter_12 said:

Hello, when I install the mod, plume shows cylindrical purple and I have installed all dependencies request help pls

Show a picture of your gamedata please, also make sure waterfall is updated to the latest version.