[1.12x] RSMP (formally SWE)

Adiri

On 3/9/2022 at 12:55 AM, Adiri said:

(TUFX HDR is the ONLY way (that I have found) to fix this bug.)

The problem seems to be the:

transform = Waterfall/FX/fx-volumetric-simple(Clone)
shader = Waterfall/Additive (Volumetric)

...in the material section of mainPlume in lemon-srb-2.cfg.

I've replaced mainPlume on my install with a version using:

transform = Cylinder
shader = Waterfall/Additive (Dynamic)

...and the problem goes away. Still working on getting a closer match though.

Edited by shelshok

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/23/2023 at 8:23 AM, Aperson3546 said:

hi i have a really weird issue when i installed this all the default solid rocket booster effects are always on even when i uninstall the config it still happens 

I've had the same issue. I'm going to try to fiddle around with it some more - but, if I can't get it working, I'll upload my log here.

To clarify - at least from what I'm observing - the stock SRB effects will play constantly, regardless of whether the booster is ignited or not. When the booster is ignited, the waterfall effects will kick on for the duration of the booster burn, and then flame out, but the whole time the stock effects will continuously play. This also effects several Bluedog Design Bureau SRB effects for interstages, separation motors, and abort motors, in addition to the stock ones. I'm still trying to isolate the issue before making a full report here.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, since KSP2 seems to be a bust (for now), I have been considering rewriting this and attempting to improve my previous work. If I were to do this, what would you want to see changed/added?

Also, sorry for my absence in this thread, I kind of took a break and just forgot it existed.

32 minutes ago, Adiri said:

Well, since KSP2 seems to be a bust (for now), I have been considering rewriting this and attempting to improve my previous work. If I were to do this, what would you want to see changed/added?

Also, sorry for my absence in this thread, I kind of took a break and just forgot it existed.

i would love to be able to hear he photon corp boosters because aperently they do not have sound 

revivival i love this mod soo much and i would love to see some more BDB boosters configs as well as better looking plumes

12 minutes ago, kspbutitscursed said:

i would love to be able to hear he photon corp boosters because aperently they do not have sound 

revivival i love this mod soo much and i would love to see some more BDB boosters configs as well as better looking plumes

Added to the list of things to be done

Would it be possible to take Blackrack's volumetric clouds and somehow apply them to the SRB plume? Other than that, I think that a good way to improve the mod is to include RCS waterfall plumes for mods like KNES which currently don't have them (work off of a template/standard RCS plume if you wish). It's already an excellent mod and I am excited to see more progress on it!

9 hours ago, Adiri said:

There's still the matter of Real Plume overlapping with your mod, correct? I only recently installed SWE and there does appear to be some undesirable mixing of plume fx. Great work, though! I really love the overall look.

26 minutes ago, cobbman11 said:

There's still the matter of Real Plume overlapping with your mod, correct? I only recently installed SWE and there does appear to be some undesirable mixing of plume fx. Great work, though! I really love the overall look.

I actually fixed this the first time I tried to rewrite it, so it shouldn’t be too hard to get it working this time.

2 hours ago, Adiri said:

I actually fixed this the first time I tried to rewrite it, so it shouldn’t be too hard to get it working this time.

That's great news! I look forward to your next update. Big props to you and the rest of the modding community for doubling down on KSP 1 support. 

3 hours ago, Cytauri said:

Possibly try to make the smoke plumes last longer from the launchpad all the way up to space like in real life?

That is another thing I have planned

Testing new waterfall plume (much brighter, watch how the ground lights up as it lifts off)

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Beta available?

Once i fix the issues with smokescreen/realplume yes (should be a couple days only)
and the main cause of the bloom is from KS3P, not SWE/RSMP

1 hour ago, Adiri said:

Once i fix the issues with smokescreen/realplume yes (should be a couple days only)
and the main cause of the bloom is from KS3P, not SWE/RSMP

cannot wait for doing SLS launches with my tower of plume 

Rough look at what the new configs will look like:
image.pngimage.png
Compared to the old attempt (which i consider better honestly)

image.png

image.png

Progress is slow, as I have to relearn everything in order to do this.

1 hour ago, Adiri said:

Rough look at what the new configs will look like:
image.pngimage.png
Compared to the old attempt (which i consider better honestly)

image.png

image.png

Progress is slow, as I have to relearn everything in order to do this.

Wow that is amazing 

On 5/23/2023 at 2:14 AM, Adiri said:

That is another thing I have planned

Testing new waterfall plume (much brighter, watch how the ground lights up as it lifts off)

Oh my word... I can't wait to get my hands on this.

9 hours ago, cobbman11 said:

Oh my word... I can't wait to get my hands on this.

Just so you know, the extreme bloom is caused from KS3P and TUFX, not from my mod.