[1.12x] RSMP (formally SWE)

Adiri

2 hours ago, Rakete said:

Does it now without Tufx? Is saw, that it is nit present in the depencies anymore?

It does it just still has some issues i have yet to fix

17 hours ago, Adiri said:

It does it just still has some issues i have yet to fix

What kind of issues? I am just thinking of the srb plumes for stock (this is what I would use). Are there any really bad looking issues without usage of tufx?

And what does rsmp stand for? Haven't found a translation and am curious:P

Edited by Rakete

2 hours ago, shelshok said:

Your plume patch for stock seems to require Bluedog_DB. Is that intentional?

XzEJJcq.png

This isn’t needed with the new system so it will be removed soon enough anyways.

2 hours ago, Rakete said:

What kind of issues? I am just thinking of the srb plumes for stock (this is what I would use). Are there any really bad looking issues without usage of tufx?

And what does rsmp stand for? Haven't found a translation and am curious:P

Due to the brightness values for the plume being over 1, they cause weird artifacts like blue highlights and such. HDR with TUFX gets rid of these, but I will try to get the brightness lower to eliminate them entirely.

RSMP stands for Remastered Solid Motor Plumes. I don’t like it as much as SWE but at least no other mods use it.

1 hour ago, Adiri said:

Due to the brightness values for the plume being over 1, they cause weird artifacts like blue highlights and such. HDR with TUFX gets rid of these, but I will try to get the brightness lower to eliminate them entirely

Is this an issue that will be fixed in the next days, so that it is worth waiting before first installation or rsmp, or will it take longer so that the advice is to go for it (without Tufx)? (TUFX isn't an option for me due to the performance impact.)

Edited by Rakete

4 hours ago, Rakete said:

Is this an issue that will be fixed in the next days, so that it is worth waiting before first installation or rsmp, or will it take longer so that the advice is to go for it (without Tufx)? (TUFX isn't an option for me due to the performance impact.)

I don't know what is wrong or how to fix it, so it may be a while, or it could be as simple as changing one number.

6 hours ago, Adiri said:

I don't know what is wrong or how to fix it, so it may be a while, or it could be as simple as changing one number.

Ah okay... I'd really like to use your mod - but I saw the artifacts on the previous forum pages. So I guess I will have to wait for this fix, if there is one. I guess, you will advertise it, when you found a way, I guess? I set this thread to my observe-list and keep an eye on it, in the hope that you or someone else also waterfall experienced find a way. 

Unfortunately TUFX is a fps-heavy mod, that would steal my last fps reserves for pleasent gameplay - so I'd be really really pleased, if you could find a way to repair those issues without needing TUFX to fix those strange artifacts. I guess, the root issue is in waterfall/the config and not in smokescreen parts of your plumes. Maybe it's a good idea to ping the other masters of waterfall, lets see: 

Maybe someone like @Knight of St John (how does stock waterfall effects) or so could help with a pinpointing, whats causing the issue... or one of the waterfall makers themselves could give a hint... like @Nessus_ or @Nertea

Edited by Rakete

32 minutes ago, Rakete said:

Ah okay... I'd really like to use your mod - but I saw the artifacts on the previous forum pages. So I guess I will have to wait for this fix, if there is one. I guess, you will advertise it, when you found a way, I guess? I set this thread to my observe-list and keep an eye on it, in the hope that you or someone else also waterfall experienced find a way. 

Unfortunately TUFX is a fps-heavy mod, that would steal my last fps reserves for pleasent gameplay - so I'd be really really pleased, if you could find a way to repair those issues without needing TUFX to fix those strange artifacts. I guess, the root issue is in waterfall/the config and not in smokescreen parts of your plumes. Maybe it's a good idea to ping the other masters of waterfall, lets see: 

Maybe someone like @Knight of St John (how does stock waterfall effects) or so could help with a pinpointing, whats causing the issue... or one of the waterfall makers themselves could give a hint... like @Nessus_ or @Nertea

I haven’t had a chance to look at the configs yet so I’m not sure what is causing the brightness. I’ll try to figure it out though!

Just now, Adiri said:

I haven’t had a chance to look at the configs yet so I’m not sure what is causing the brightness. I’ll try to figure it out though!

Thanks for that. I am looking forward to the fix. Thanks for all the efforts

12 hours ago, Kerballlistic07 said:

Hey, love the mod, but when I activate an SRB in game, it uses both this awesome plume, and the stinky stock plume. Do you know how I can fix this? Thanks!:D

Can you send a picture of what it looks like? What srb are you using?

On 6/13/2023 at 2:57 PM, Adiri said:

Can you send a picture of what it looks like? What srb are you using?

I test fired 3 of my most used SRB's as soon as I downloaded the mod:

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Here's just one being fired as well:

Thanks!

16 hours ago, Kerballlistic07 said:

I test fired 3 of my most used SRB's as soon as I downloaded the mod:

Here's just one being fired as well:

Thanks!

Would you mind sharing a picture of your game data folder?

33 minutes ago, Kerballlistic07 said:

Here it be:

dSUVtTv.png

Hide contents

Also, is there anyway to turn the brightness down so it doesn't melt my eyes when I launch? Lol

Example:

Something that could be the cause is the lack of Realplume stock
As for the brightness, I just uploaded a change that removed one of the lights from the config so it shouldn't be as bright!image.png
(example)

https://github.com/AdiriKSP/RSMP (make sure to download the master and not the release!)

6 hours ago, Adiri said:

As for the brightness, I just uploaded a change that removed one of the lights from the config so it shouldn't be as bright!image.png
(example)

https://github.com/AdiriKSP/RSMP (make sure to download the master and not the release!)

Hello, after watching is your image, i noticed mine  its showing 2 plumes at same time? I think so, but i'm not sure. I think its not deleting the stock effect. I have all dependencies and no extra mods, cause i'm testing in clean install. 

image.png

1 hour ago, NaviG said:

Hello, after watching is your image, i noticed mine  its showing 2 plumes at same time? I think so, but i'm not sure. I think its not deleting the stock effect. I have all dependencies and no extra mods, cause i'm testing in clean install. 

image.png

For this part specifically I know the new configs aren’t available for that one, so it should look like that. Once I update them it will be better

20 hours ago, Adiri said:

Upon further inspection, I downloaded it, then somehow completely forgot to put in the gamedata folder... :mad:

21 hours ago, Adiri said:

As for the brightness, I just uploaded a change that removed one of the lights from the config so it shouldn't be as bright!

Thanks!

19 hours ago, Kerballlistic07 said:

Upon further inspection, I downloaded it, then somehow completely forgot to put in the gamedata folder... :mad:

That has happened to me multiple times. After downloading a new mod, I wait 20+ minutes just for KSP to load, only to find out that I forgot to put the new mod into my gamedata folder. I then have to turn off KSP, put the mod into the gamedata folder, then wait another 20+ minutes to see if it actually worked.

20 hours ago, Kerballlistic07 said:
  Hide contents

Shrimp:

Thumper:

Thoroughbred:

Yeah, i havent gotten around to doing everything yet, im still trying to figure out other issues (like why some effects look good on one install and bad on the other one)