[1.12x] RSMP (formally SWE)

Adiri

2 hours ago, Adiri said:

Sorry. It’s my mod, I can do with it what I wish.

Would you be OK with someone else adopting it?  The license is very permissive so someone *could* do that without asking, but usually it's nice to get the blessing of the original author.

4 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

Would you be OK with someone else adopting it?  The license is very permissive so someone *could* do that without asking, but usually it's nice to get the blessing of the original author.

@dangaffa has a fork on GitHub. I’ll tell them to send the link to it here if they wish.

32 minutes ago, dangaffa said:

dangaffa/RSMP: Remake of SWE. (Srb Waterfall Effects) (github.com)

I'll hopefully be working on this more to actually bring it fully up to par, but at the very least it's an archive of the latest version with the persistent plume bug fixed (for most folks)

Thank you for your efforts

• 1 month later...

Hello, I'm having a slight issue with this mod. Some of the plumes provided by this mod are visible through parts. Everything else seems to be working fine, but this quite annoying. I'm not sure if this is something I should bring up with the main waterfall thread, as this only affects the plumes in this mod.

Edited by space_otter

29 minutes ago, space_otter said:

Hello, I'm having a slight issue with this mod. Some of the plumes provided by this mod are visible through parts. Everything else seems to be working fine, but this quite annoying. I'm not sure if this is something I should bring up with the main waterfall thread, as this only affects the plumes in this mod.

Do you have TUFX? Shabby?

2 minutes ago, space_otter said:

I installed them but had no change. 

Interesting, if it's the problem I'm thinking of, it should go away if you don't have TUFX installed.  A screenshot and logs would probably help.

Edited by JonnyOThan

• 2 weeks later...

Heya people 

From now, I'll be readopting the mod together with @dangaffa. Nothing New at the moment due to my focus being on a new mod I'm working when that's finished I would like to rewrite the mod to fix many of the bugs and just give an uplift to what it looks like. 
Github Page: GitHub - dangaffa/RSMP: Remake of SWE. (Srb Waterfall Effects) 
Spacedock Post: Solid Rockets Waterfall Effects on SpaceDock
I would like to apologize over the drama with the mod being taken down and thank @JonnyOThan For Providing most of the Mod Support on the thread. 

Thanks for your understanding :)

Edited by Kochi

19 hours ago, Kochi said:

Heya people 

From now, I'll be readopting the mod together with @dangaffa. Nothing New at the moment due to my focus being on a new mod I'm working when that's finished I would like to rewrite the mod to fix many of the bugs and just give an uplift to what it looks like. 
I would like to apologize over the drama with the mod being taken down and thank @JonnyOThan For Providing most of the Mod Support on the thread. 

Congrats!

On 3/19/2024 at 8:47 AM, AtomicTech said:

@Adiri, can I have your blessing to integrate RSMP into Restock Waterfall Expansion?

@Kochi, can I integrate the restock content into RWE?

23 hours ago, Kochi said:

Heya people 

In that case please make a new thread. This one is cluttered and old.

On 4/1/2024 at 10:21 AM, AtomicTech said:

Congrats!

@Kochi, can I integrate the restock content into RWE?

yup dont see any problem with it 

On 4/1/2024 at 2:48 PM, Adiri said:

In that case please make a new thread. This one is cluttered and old.

Since neither me or dan is making an update soon i dont see a rush to do that rn 

Um, i installed the mod (and stock real plume, already had waterfall and stock waterfall installed), couple questions.  first i'm assuming that plume coming out of the bottom of the srb is intentional and designed to look like real SRB burning out, but shouldn't it go away after a while? but that doesn't really bother me honestly, i'm more bothered by the fact that I, somehow, have silent SRBs now? Installing the mods has removed the sound from them. I still have sound on the liquid engines.

Is there any way to get their sound back?

Edited by Neon_Twigman
request for help

23 hours ago, Neon_Twigman said:

Um, i installed the mod (and stock real plume, already had waterfall and stock waterfall installed), couple questions.  first i'm assuming that plume coming out of the bottom of the srb is intentional and designed to look like real SRB burning out, but shouldn't it go away after a while? but that doesn't really bother me honestly, i'm more bothered by the fact that I, somehow, have silent SRBs now? Installing the mods has removed the sound from them. I still have sound on the liquid engines.

Is there any way to get their sound back?

could you send us the KSP.log from your KSP directory?

14 hours ago, kspbutitscursed said:

could you send us the KSP.log from your KSP directory?

I don't know how to upload the entire file, and i hesitate to do so, but I'm pretty sure this is the issue in question.
image.png?ex=66214889&is=660ed389&hm=35e

Could that be any smaller and harder to read?   Next time don’t make a picture, just copy the single line of text.     If you’re pasting more than a couple paragraphs of a log file, please use something like Dropbox.     Otherwise it makes the post load funny and very hard to read, just like that itty bitty text.   

46 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

Could that be any smaller and harder to read?   Next time don’t make a picture, just copy the single line of text.     If you’re pasting more than a couple paragraphs of a log file, please use something like Dropbox.     Otherwise it makes the post load funny and very hard to read, just like that itty bitty text.   

sorry, i thought it'd be a bit bigger and didn't know it messed with loading. Though I suppose I might as well as quick here then, does the log file have any Personally Identifiable Information in it? I looked through it all generally and didn't see any, but I want to make sure.

I have not heard of any, and I’m pretty sure of being on the forums for a decade I would have seen somebody say “Trim out XYZ before posting!”     If you’re only concerned with a few lines to a few paragraphs of the log, copy paste will do fine.   If you post it and go “oh boy that’s big”, probably best to host it somewhere.   There’s no set rule on the exact size beyond the “oh boy” rule of thumb. 

3 hours ago, Neon_Twigman said:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/rmcwx3ti0gywe7tny6zht/KSP.log?rlkey=stk9ar0pcie2z7h003ta3rjp5&dl=0 well, here. here's hoping this helps. i've tried some basic troubleshooting i hoped might work to no success.

I'm not the expert here but I think you have the right dependencies installed. You exited the game after your ship crashed. It's a good practice to exit KSP entirely before uploading a log. There are a couple exceptions right at the end but that doesn't tell me much. Only guess is it might have some conflict with Deployable Engines or Eve Engines. I haven't used those before.