Can someone please tell me a good minmus rocket to send kerbals with sieence and return them

SAA

Can someone please tell me a good minmus rocket to send kerbals with science and return them

Some details on how to get there easily and how to land would go helpful.

Links to useful rockets will also be appreciated.

Hi @SAA, and welcome to the forums!

If you're looking for help and advice, I'd strongly recommend posting over in Gameplay Questions.  It's the perfect place for "How do I...?" type of questions.  ;)

That's where most of the folks-who-want-to-help-fellow-players tend to hang out, so it's a good place to get plenty of responses.

Out of curiosity, how far have you managed to get in the game so far?  For example, can you get to Kerbin orbit OK?  Have you orbited the Mun?  (Knowing how far you've gotten is helpful when tailoring advice for you.)

23 minutes ago, SSTO Crasher said:

Ok Do you have dlc’s

And send me pics of your rockets

I can analyze them and tell you what you need to change to make them a minmus rocket

I dont have any good rockets

3 hours ago, SAA said:

i have put one probe on mun orbit 

one probe on minmus orbit

Great, that's excellent progress!  :)  (A lot of KSP players never even make it that far.)

Could you post a screenshot of, for example, your probe that got to Minmus orbit?  Preferably in the VAB, so we can see the whole rocket including booster stages.  (If we can see a picture of the rocket, then we can offer advice on improvements etc. to help get you where you need to go.)

Here's how to post a screenshot here in the forum, if you're not familiar with it:

Spoiler
  1. Take a screenshot in-game by pressing F1.
  2. This creates a screenshot image in the "Screenshots" sub-folder of wherever you have KSP installed.
  3. Upload that picture to some 3rd-party image sharing site.  There are many free ones around the internet.  One of the most popular ones that people use here is imgur.com, since it's not only free but also lets you post images without having to make an account or anything.
  4. Once you've posted it to the image-sharing site, right-click on the image and choose "copy image link"
  5. Paste that link here in the forum, and it will automagically get converted to an in-line image.

6 hours ago, SSTO Crasher said:

If you want I could build one for you. You need the dlc’s though

Just building the rocket for them does not teach them how to build a reliable rocket.

Teach them things like asparagus staging and how to pick engines depending on the environment they're going to be used in.

15 minutes ago, SAA said:

WHICH ENGION IS BEST FOR REACHING MINMUS

There's no one "right" answer, as with so many things in KSP.  ;)

However, the Terrier is a pretty good upper-stage engine.  It's crappy and useless in atmosphere, so don't try to launch off the pad with it.  However, once you're in space (or, at least, higher than 10 km or so), then it's a great little engine-- fairly lightweight, and has an excellent Isp, which means it's very fuel efficient.

So, a small craft that can go to Minmus (for example, with a single kerbal in a Mk1 capsule) will typically launch off the pad using some combination of SRBs and/or a useful atmospheric engine like the Swivel, then use Terrier for upper stages.

A lot depends on your actual rocket design, however-- using the "right" engine is only part of the battle.  It really matters how the rocket is designed, what sort of stages are used, etc.  If you could post a photo of one of your more successful craft (for example, the one that put a probe in Minmus orbit), that would really help us to give you more useful advice, because then we could give you more specific feedback on how you could tweak it to do better.

i just had two double boar engions as primary

the a mainsail engion with a rockomax fule tank or two

ans fimally a swivel engion with  2 FL TX-900 liquid fule tanks

i will send pics when i am able to recreate my origional one

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.