Art style: Please avoid neon lights. Please improve metallic hydrogen engine star-like exhaust.

4 minutes ago, regex said:

The game also isn't going to model exhaust interactions between five engines, but the least it could do is have some visuals at the base of an engine that match what's coming out the back end.

Is there any reason it shouldn't look as it does now?

1 hour ago, Bej Kerman said:

Is there any reason it shouldn't look as it does now?

As I've been saying this entire thread, if you're able to direct all those "plasma leaks" into neat, discrete little streams then it would imply you have a supreme mastery over magnetic fields, able to easily wrap rubber bands around the jello, so to speak. If you can do that then you shouldn't have any leaks. That is, all the exhaust should be going out the back of the engine because you have a supreme mastery over magnetic fields.

If they are genuinely "plasma leaks" then they should look like all the pictures of real plasma in this thread and the exhaust coming out the back of the engine, a sort of vaporous cloud.

I have no problem with a "rule of cool" engine. I do have a problem with an engine that implies its designers decided to make it look cool over serving its primary function better.

Edited by regex

8 hours ago, regex said:

As I've been saying this entire thread, if you're able to direct all those "plasma leaks" into neat, discrete little streams then it would imply you have a supreme mastery over magnetic fields, able to easily wrap rubber bands around the jello, so to speak. If you can do that then you shouldn't have any leaks. That is, all the exhaust should be going out the back of the engine because you have a supreme mastery over magnetic fields.

No it doesn't? Its a lot easier to direct plasma leaks by 10 degrees then it is to redirect them by 90 degrees.