KSA IVA Upgrade (Adopted) [some stock parts, BDB Apollo, SOCK]

JonnyOThan

56 minutes ago, Ultim32 said:

Hi,

@JonnyOThan, when I was using the BDB Apollo CSM and LM with KSA installed, the CSM had the RPM IVA, but the LM had the stock IVA(no RPM). Should the LM have a RPM IVA if KSA is installed?

Yeah it should, but I found a bug today in the reviva-related patches for it so it might not work properly if you have reviva installed. As always, please post logs if you’re having trouble.

Idk if this helps or not, but here is a snip from the log. Also, I don't have Reviva installed.

Spoiler

Changed : Bluedog_DB/Parts/Apollo/bluedog_EarlyLunarShelter.cfg.cfg
Changed : Bluedog_DB/Parts/Apollo/bluedog_LM_SheLab.cfg.cfg
Changed : Bluedog_DB/Parts/Gemini/bluedog_BigG_ConicSM_CargoModule.cfg.cfg
Changed : Bluedog_DB/Parts/Gemini/bluedog_BigG_CylindricalSM_CargoModule.cfg.cfg
Changed : Bluedog_DB/Props/FlightSeat/Prop_Seat_Passenger.cfg.cfg
Changed : Bluedog_DB/Props/FlightSeat/Prop_Seat_Piloted.cfg.cfg
Changed : Bluedog_DB/Props/hatch/bluedog_prop_hatch.cfg.cfg
Changed : Bluedog_DB/Props/LM/bdb_prop_LMHatch.cfg.cfg
Changed : Bluedog_DB/Props/seat/tantares_prop_seat_passenger.cfg.cfg
Changed : Bluedog_DB/Spaces/BDB_Gemini_LanderCan_Int/internal.cfg.cfg
Changed : Bluedog_DB/Spaces/Gemini_Int/Gemini_Crew_A_Interior.cfg.cfg
Changed : Bluedog_DB/Spaces/Gemini_Int/Gemini_Crew_B_Interior.cfg.cfg
Changed : Bluedog_DB/Spaces/Lunar/internal.cfg.cfg
Changed : Bluedog_DB/Spaces/MOL/bdb_1p2iva.cfg.cfg
Changed : Bluedog_DB/Spaces/MOL/bdb_mol_iva_large_module.cfg.cfg
Changed : Bluedog_DB/Spaces/MOL/bdb_mol_iva_main_lab.cfg.cfg
Changed : Bluedog_DB/Spaces/MOL/bdb_mol_iva_mercury.cfg.cfg
Changed : Bluedog_DB/Spaces/MOL/bdb_mol_iva_small_module.cfg.cfg
Changed : Bluedog_DB/Spaces/MOL/bdb_mol_iva_small_tube.cfg.cfg
Changed : Bluedog_DB/Spaces/Skylab/SkylabIVA.cfg.cfg
Deleted : FreeIva-0.2.11.1/GameData/Bluedog_DB/Parts/Apollo/bluedog_EarlyLunarShelter.cfg
Deleted : FreeIva-0.2.11.1/GameData/Bluedog_DB/Parts/Apollo/bluedog_LM_SheLab.cfg
Deleted : FreeIva-0.2.11.1/GameData/Bluedog_DB/Parts/Gemini/bluedog_BigG_ConicSM_CargoModule.cfg
Deleted : FreeIva-0.2.11.1/GameData/Bluedog_DB/Parts/Gemini/bluedog_BigG_CylindricalSM_CargoModule.cfg
Deleted : FreeIva-0.2.11.1/GameData/Bluedog_DB/Props/FlightSeat/Prop_Seat_Passenger.cfg
Deleted : FreeIva-0.2.11.1/GameData/Bluedog_DB/Props/FlightSeat/Prop_Seat_Piloted.cfg
Deleted : FreeIva-0.2.11.1/GameData/Bluedog_DB/Props/hatch/bluedog_prop_hatch.cfg
Deleted : FreeIva-0.2.11.1/GameData/Bluedog_DB/Props/LM/bdb_prop_LMHatch.cfg
Deleted : FreeIva-0.2.11.1/GameData/Bluedog_DB/Props/seat/tantares_prop_seat_passenger.cfg
Deleted : FreeIva-0.2.11.1/GameData/Bluedog_DB/Spaces/BDB_Gemini_LanderCan_Int/internal.cfg
Deleted : FreeIva-0.2.11.1/GameData/Bluedog_DB/Spaces/Gemini_Int/Gemini_Crew_A_Interior.cfg
Deleted : FreeIva-0.2.11.1/GameData/Bluedog_DB/Spaces/Gemini_Int/Gemini_Crew_B_Interior.cfg
Deleted : FreeIva-0.2.11.1/GameData/Bluedog_DB/Spaces/Lunar/internal.cfg
Deleted : FreeIva-0.2.11.1/GameData/Bluedog_DB/Spaces/MOL/bdb_1p2iva.cfg
Deleted : FreeIva-0.2.11.1/GameData/Bluedog_DB/Spaces/MOL/bdb_mol_iva_large_module.cfg
Deleted : FreeIva-0.2.11.1/GameData/Bluedog_DB/Spaces/MOL/bdb_mol_iva_main_lab.cfg
Deleted : FreeIva-0.2.11.1/GameData/Bluedog_DB/Spaces/MOL/bdb_mol_iva_mercury.cfg
Deleted : FreeIva-0.2.11.1/GameData/Bluedog_DB/Spaces/MOL/bdb_mol_iva_small_module.cfg
Deleted : FreeIva-0.2.11.1/GameData/Bluedog_DB/Spaces/MOL/bdb_mol_iva_small_tube.cfg
Deleted : FreeIva-0.2.11.1/GameData/Bluedog_DB/Spaces/Skylab/SkylabIVA.cfg

40 minutes ago, Ultim32 said:

Idk if this helps or not, but here is a snip from the log. Also, I don't have Reviva installed.

Hide contents

Changed : Bluedog_DB/Parts/Apollo/bluedog_EarlyLunarShelter.cfg.cfg
Changed : Bluedog_DB/Parts/Apollo/bluedog_LM_SheLab.cfg.cfg
Changed : Bluedog_DB/Parts/Gemini/bluedog_BigG_ConicSM_CargoModule.cfg.cfg
Changed : Bluedog_DB/Parts/Gemini/bluedog_BigG_CylindricalSM_CargoModule.cfg.cfg
Changed : Bluedog_DB/Props/FlightSeat/Prop_Seat_Passenger.cfg.cfg
Changed : Bluedog_DB/Props/FlightSeat/Prop_Seat_Piloted.cfg.cfg
Changed : Bluedog_DB/Props/hatch/bluedog_prop_hatch.cfg.cfg
Changed : Bluedog_DB/Props/LM/bdb_prop_LMHatch.cfg.cfg
Changed : Bluedog_DB/Props/seat/tantares_prop_seat_passenger.cfg.cfg
Changed : Bluedog_DB/Spaces/BDB_Gemini_LanderCan_Int/internal.cfg.cfg
Changed : Bluedog_DB/Spaces/Gemini_Int/Gemini_Crew_A_Interior.cfg.cfg
Changed : Bluedog_DB/Spaces/Gemini_Int/Gemini_Crew_B_Interior.cfg.cfg
Changed : Bluedog_DB/Spaces/Lunar/internal.cfg.cfg
Changed : Bluedog_DB/Spaces/MOL/bdb_1p2iva.cfg.cfg
Changed : Bluedog_DB/Spaces/MOL/bdb_mol_iva_large_module.cfg.cfg
Changed : Bluedog_DB/Spaces/MOL/bdb_mol_iva_main_lab.cfg.cfg
Changed : Bluedog_DB/Spaces/MOL/bdb_mol_iva_mercury.cfg.cfg
Changed : Bluedog_DB/Spaces/MOL/bdb_mol_iva_small_module.cfg.cfg
Changed : Bluedog_DB/Spaces/MOL/bdb_mol_iva_small_tube.cfg.cfg
Changed : Bluedog_DB/Spaces/Skylab/SkylabIVA.cfg.cfg
Deleted : FreeIva-0.2.11.1/GameData/Bluedog_DB/Parts/Apollo/bluedog_EarlyLunarShelter.cfg
Deleted : FreeIva-0.2.11.1/GameData/Bluedog_DB/Parts/Apollo/bluedog_LM_SheLab.cfg
Deleted : FreeIva-0.2.11.1/GameData/Bluedog_DB/Parts/Gemini/bluedog_BigG_ConicSM_CargoModule.cfg
Deleted : FreeIva-0.2.11.1/GameData/Bluedog_DB/Parts/Gemini/bluedog_BigG_CylindricalSM_CargoModule.cfg
Deleted : FreeIva-0.2.11.1/GameData/Bluedog_DB/Props/FlightSeat/Prop_Seat_Passenger.cfg
Deleted : FreeIva-0.2.11.1/GameData/Bluedog_DB/Props/FlightSeat/Prop_Seat_Piloted.cfg
Deleted : FreeIva-0.2.11.1/GameData/Bluedog_DB/Props/hatch/bluedog_prop_hatch.cfg
Deleted : FreeIva-0.2.11.1/GameData/Bluedog_DB/Props/LM/bdb_prop_LMHatch.cfg
Deleted : FreeIva-0.2.11.1/GameData/Bluedog_DB/Props/seat/tantares_prop_seat_passenger.cfg
Deleted : FreeIva-0.2.11.1/GameData/Bluedog_DB/Spaces/BDB_Gemini_LanderCan_Int/internal.cfg
Deleted : FreeIva-0.2.11.1/GameData/Bluedog_DB/Spaces/Gemini_Int/Gemini_Crew_A_Interior.cfg
Deleted : FreeIva-0.2.11.1/GameData/Bluedog_DB/Spaces/Gemini_Int/Gemini_Crew_B_Interior.cfg
Deleted : FreeIva-0.2.11.1/GameData/Bluedog_DB/Spaces/Lunar/internal.cfg
Deleted : FreeIva-0.2.11.1/GameData/Bluedog_DB/Spaces/MOL/bdb_1p2iva.cfg
Deleted : FreeIva-0.2.11.1/GameData/Bluedog_DB/Spaces/MOL/bdb_mol_iva_large_module.cfg
Deleted : FreeIva-0.2.11.1/GameData/Bluedog_DB/Spaces/MOL/bdb_mol_iva_main_lab.cfg
Deleted : FreeIva-0.2.11.1/GameData/Bluedog_DB/Spaces/MOL/bdb_mol_iva_mercury.cfg
Deleted : FreeIva-0.2.11.1/GameData/Bluedog_DB/Spaces/MOL/bdb_mol_iva_small_module.cfg
Deleted : FreeIva-0.2.11.1/GameData/Bluedog_DB/Spaces/MOL/bdb_mol_iva_small_tube.cfg
Deleted : FreeIva-0.2.11.1/GameData/Bluedog_DB/Spaces/Skylab/SkylabIVA.cfg

I would need the entire log file.

On 4/9/2023 at 12:32 AM, Ultim32 said:

Hi,

@JonnyOThan, when I was using the BDB Apollo CSM and LM with KSA installed, the CSM had the RPM IVA, but the LM had the stock IVA(no RPM). Should the LM have a RPM IVA if KSA is installed?

Hi, Ihave the same problem but for the CM I just have the monitor without the other buttons on the panel

Here is my log 
https://www.mediafire.com/file/w0lm90hvwx78xkf/KSP.word/file

Edited by boulhs

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, kspbutitscursed said:

Hello is this compatible with Free IVA 

also this is amazing and i absolutely love for my science mode game

will download it for all of my installs 

Yep!  Freeeiva should work with all alternate layouts for the stock parts, as long as they are using the stock internal shell model. 

6 hours ago, kspbutitscursed said:

And BDB maybe 

I have tested it on BDB's Apollo LM model and no, you can't use Freeiva in their cockpit. I don't remember which other model doesn't allow it either. Just by using the Y on the keyboard, it tells you "this cockpit does not allow it", or something like that. I have tested many others, like the SOCK orbiter, or the stock cockpits, and they all seem to work fine with FreeIva, except those two models.

However, the KSA IVA model for Apollo LM is my favorite, too bad Freeiva doesn't work on it.

1 hour ago, kspbutitscursed said:

Okay maybe @JonnyOThan could make it compatible

2 hours ago, reicou said:

I have tested it on BDB's Apollo LM model and no, you can't use Freeiva in their cockpit. I don't remember which other model doesn't allow it either. Just by using the Y on the keyboard, it tells you "this cockpit does not allow it", or something like that. I have tested many others, like the SOCK orbiter, or the stock cockpits, and they all seem to work fine with FreeIva, except those two models.

However, the KSA IVA model for Apollo LM is my favorite, too bad Freeiva doesn't work on it.

Did you have bdb free iva installed 

1 hour ago, kspbutitscursed said:

Did you have bdb free iva installed 

oh, boy, I had installed Freeiva with ckan, and that's why it didn't work on the KSA ivas for BDB. After manually installing Freeiva (which includes a folder for BDB) it works. Although I have seen two problems in the Apollo LM cockpit (the only BDB cockpit I have tested): 

First, When you activate freeiva you have to disable gravity or you will be shot out of the ship in free fall (something that doesn't happen in the other ivas I've tested, in which you just fall to the cockpit floor, until you disable gravity); and second, the exit airlock doesn't seem to work properly. You can open it, but you don't physically exit the ship, you just pass through it (in the other ivas, you actually exit the ship, sounds included, allowing you a realistic EVA).

Edited by reicou

9 minutes ago, reicou said:

oh, boy, I had installed Freeiva with ckan, and that's why it didn't work on the KSA ivas for BDB. After manually installing Freeiva (which includes a folder for BDB) it works. Although I have seen two problems in the Apollo LM cockpit (the only BDB cockpit I have tested): 

First, When you activate freeiva you have to disable gravity or you will be shot out of the ship in free fall (something that doesn't happen in the other ivas I've tested, in which you just fall to the cockpit floor, until you disable gravity); and second, the exit airlock doesn't seem to work properly. You can open it, but you don't physically exit the ship, you just pass through it (in the other ivas, you actually exit the ship, sounds included, allowing you a realistic EVA).

Thanks for the reports!  Please keep em coming, the FreeIva BDB support will eventually be rolled into BDB's next release, whenever that happens...

For future reference you can install FreeIva with CKAN, then click the "Contents" tab on the right and click "Open Zip" to get at the optional stuff you need to install manually.

58 minutes ago, JonnyOThan said:

Thanks for the reports!  Please keep em coming, the FreeIva BDB support will eventually be rolled into BDB's next release, whenever that happens...

For future reference you can install FreeIva with CKAN, then click the "Contents" tab on the right and click "Open Zip" to get at the optional stuff you need to install manually.

Thank you very much for your advice, but, above all, thank you very much for Freeiva. It is a must have mod to have an immersive and realistic experience in KSP.

By the way, I forgot to mention a curious error with the cockpit of the BDB Apollo LM that adds this mod (KSA IVA), and that is that the interior is oriented backwards than the exterior, which is aesthetically annoying. 

Is there any way to change it so that the orientation of the interior matches the exterior? Maybe by adding or changing some line in a configuration file or something?

• 1 month later...

@JonnyOThan Hey, I love the Iva upgrade. You did fantastic work and it helps bring my Apollo missions to life (thanks for all mankind for starting that spark) but I wanted to bring up two issues I've noted. I'm not sure if you are aware and if you are, sorry for broken record. I've noticed that the KSA iva for BDB's LEM is reversed 180. So front is back and back is front and freeIVA doesnt work for the lander as the hatch is blocked and you are unable to transverse between the CSM and LEM. I'm not sure how to fix it myself as IVA configs and creations are beyond me but I figured I point it out. I just wanted to say you made some awesome IVAs either way!

(Im too stupid too figure out how to insert images so here is the imgur link)

https://imgur.com/a/4GtrkgE

Edited by PyroZene

11 hours ago, DaOPCreeper said:

Also i found an issue with the SOCK iva, the first two seats on the flight deck are glitched. labeled screenshots here https://imgur.com/a/XqmbVc8. if i unbuckle while in first person view (of a kerbal in the 2 glitched seats) i just fall thought the floor of the cabin and map. 

please include your log file with bug reports.

So i got that fixed but now im having issues with the texture glitching out. I don't see an option to change the iva (with Reviva), not sure if that has something to do with it or not. im using thenewest verisons of this mod, both ASET prop and ASET avoicnics, Reviva, and raster prop monitor. I think its  texture conflict but not sure.

screenshots https://imgur.com/a/dOKKRcF
log file https://www.dropbox.com/s/y2wewv4uhhvv7zi/KSP.log?dl=0

On 6/13/2023 at 9:19 AM, DaOPCreeper said:

So i got that fixed but now im having issues with the texture glitching out. I don't see an option to change the iva (with Reviva), not sure if that has something to do with it or not. im using thenewest verisons of this mod, both ASET prop and ASET avoicnics, Reviva, and raster prop monitor. I think its  texture conflict but not sure.

screenshots https://imgur.com/a/dOKKRcF
log file https://www.dropbox.com/s/y2wewv4uhhvv7zi/KSP.log?dl=0

Which part are you trying to use Reviva with?  I see the SOCK shuttle in your logs, that one doesn't have reviva support.

The corrupted text is a known issue in RPM.  To work around it you can open GameData\JSI\RasterPropMonitor\PropBatching.cfg and remove the two blocks at the bottom that deal with JSILabels.

Edited by JonnyOThan

On 6/16/2023 at 2:00 PM, JonnyOThan said:

Which part are you trying to use Reviva with?  I see the SOCK shuttle in your logs, that one doesn't have reviva support.

The corrupted text is a known issue in RPM.  To work around it you can open GameData\JSI\RasterPropMonitor\PropBatching.cfg and remove the two blocks at the bottom that deal with JSILabels.

oh ok, and thanks that fixed it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...