[1.12.5]KIU Chinese Pack

mark7

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/19/2023 at 3:15 PM, mark7 said:

Our team is unable to replicate the issue you have mentioned. Could you please give a detailed step-by-step description of how you encountered this problem?

这个问题我们确实也遇到了,不过我们也不知道怎么解决,考虑到暂时不影响游戏,就只能先这么放着了。

We can confirm this problem. However, attemps of fixing it proves to be unsuccessful. Considering the fact that it did not affect the gameplay too much, we are going to leave it as what it is.

Hey sorry for taking almost a year but I have a mostly vanilla game setup when it comes to physics adjustments or scaling. The issue comes during reentry, where at around 20km the capsule will flip prograde and cannot be returned to the proper position. I have been able to somewhat mitigate this by sticking some SAS modules inside the capsule. I'm not sure what causes it. I think the capsule may be too light in my game so I'll need to see how that can be fixed on atleast my end. 

On 11/12/2023 at 9:44 PM, LoltheVI said:

Hey sorry for taking almost a year but I have a mostly vanilla game setup when it comes to physics adjustments or scaling. The issue comes during reentry, where at around 20km the capsule will flip prograde and cannot be returned to the proper position. I have been able to somewhat mitigate this by sticking some SAS modules inside the capsule. I'm not sure what causes it. I think the capsule may be too light in my game so I'll need to see how that can be fixed on atleast my end. 

The Shenzhou capsule has some CoM offset to better assist a lifting reentry. So, an unfortunate combination of scaling, aerodynamics and weight could cause the flipping you mentioned. 

On 11/20/2023 at 11:57 AM, jaydno said:

hello, is this mod compatable with rp-1? (realistic progression,) i can see its already compatible with real scale stuff!! 

Sadly no. None of our team is familiar with RP-1.

We noticed that there are issues related to Shenzhou spacecraft. When some IVA mods are installed, it could lead to game crashing when launching from vab using Shenzhou Re-entry Capsule or Orbital Module.
We are looking into the nature of this problem and if anyone has similar issue, please contact us.
A temporary fix is on its way.

11 minutes ago, mark7 said:
We noticed that there are issues related to Shenzhou spacecraft. When some IVA mods are installed, it could lead to game crashing when launching from vab using Shenzhou Re-entry Capsule or Orbital Module.
We are looking into the nature of this problem and if anyone has similar issue, please contact us.
A temporary fix is on its way.

got any details further than "some IVA mods?"

I've noticed that some mods that use props that require RPM (e.g. ASET) will crash the game if they're placed in an IVA whose part does not have a RasterPropMonitorComputer.  Sometime in recent history I changed RPM so that it no longer creates the RasterPropMonitorComputer module on demand, because creating partmodules at runtime generally isn't a good idea.  But this causes issues with mods that don't already have it set up and I've had to add compatibility patches as necessary.  If you have a log file I can take a look.

58 minutes ago, JonnyOThan said:

got any details further than "some IVA mods?"

Actually, not so much. We received multiple reports of game crashing when launching Shenzhou. The game always crashes when hitting the launch button inside the VAB or SPH. I have already looked into the log file and nothing suspicious happened.  It just stopped abruptly.  And change the IVA does solve the crashing problem. I have not been able to isolate the incompatible mods, as in my own game, I use RPM and ASET and they don't crash the game. 

If you are interested, here is the log file.

Edit: I looked back in the logs and there were a bunch of Errors related to RPM

[ERR 18:39:51.442] [JSIActionGroupSwitch]: INITIALIZATION ERROR, CHECK CONFIGURATION.

[ERR 18:39:51.442] [RasterPropMonitor]: No RasterPropMonitorComputer module found on part KCHS.SZ.Re.entryModule for prop JSIStockSquareButtonBRAKES in internal RM_IVA

[ERR 18:39:51.442] [JSIActionGroupSwitch]: Exception configuring prop 135 (JSIStockSquareButtonBRAKES): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at JSI.JSIActionGroupSwitch.Start () [0x002ca] in <ecc97696119b4d078a20020bb4e1bac9>:0 

I'm not familiar with JSI nor RPM, but I guess this could be the problem. I have already been able to recreate the crash on my device, so if you need any other info, please let me know!

Edited by mark7

26 minutes ago, mark7 said:

I'm not familiar with JSI nor RPM, but I guess this could be the problem.

Yep, sure seems like it.  This part (and any others that use RPM stuff) needs a RasterPropMonitorComputer module:

[ERR 18:39:51.434] [RasterPropMonitor]: No RasterPropMonitorComputer module found on part KCHS.SZ.Re.entryModule for prop RasterPropMonitorBasicMFD in internal RM_IVA

Edited by JonnyOThan

47 minutes ago, JonnyOThan said:

Yep, sure seems like it.  This part (and any others that use RPM stuff) needs a RasterPropMonitorComputer module:

[ERR 18:39:51.434] [RasterPropMonitor]: No RasterPropMonitorComputer module found on part KCHS.SZ.Re.entryModule for prop RasterPropMonitorBasicMFD in internal RM_IVA

Got it, thanks for your help. Can you provide an example patch or something so I can apply the fix?

7 hours ago, mark7 said:

Got it, thanks for your help. Can you provide an example patch or something so I can apply the fix?

You can just add:

MODULE:NEEDS[RasterPropMonitor]
{
    name = RasterPropMonitorComputer
}

To any affected parts.  If you like, you can add storedstrings to customize the Home Screen of the MFDs. 

2 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

You can just add:

{
}

Thank, that fixed the problem!

2 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

If you like, you can add storedstrings to customize the Home Screen of the MFDs. 

About that, I configed the patch as such:

{

storedStrings = v 0.9.0|2023.11.30|    欢迎使用神舟飞船   |  CNSA

// = (0)<version> |(1) <date> |(2) <name for MFD STBY screen & Flight Books. 18 char max>| (3,4)<full name (2 lines)> |(5) < version of flight books, manuals...>|(6) <short name> |(7) Company

}

But the storedStrings seems to not taking effect, Home Screen still says Junk Systems Inc. Advanced flight instruments For every conceivable occasion. I searched the parameter in forum and in JSI folder but still not able to get it working.  Also maybe I'm missing something but I did not find anything in the wiki on github as well. Can you give me some help?

3 hours ago, mark7 said:

Can you give me some help?

Ah I think the storedStrings are only used by the ASET MFDs, not the basic one that comes with RPM.

If you don't already have a dependency on ASET props, you can write a patch to swap out the basic ones with ASET for your parts, just in case someone has it.

Oh, and the font texture that the MFD uses only supports ascii characters, sorry :/

7 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

Ah I think the storedStrings are only used by the ASET MFDs, not the basic one that comes with RPM.

If you don't already have a dependency on ASET props, you can write a patch to swap out the basic ones with ASET for your parts, just in case someone has it.

Oh, and the font texture that the MFD uses only supports ascii characters, sorry :/

Ah, got it. ASET props are not currently used by Shenzhou, but a refresh of the Shenzhou is on its way, I'll see if I can sneak in :)

Thanks for your help!

I strongly recommend making configurations for scale 2.5 - 2.7, which is the ideal size.

In any case, I want to thank the author of the mod. I hope this will give motivation to improve the mod in the future.

Edited by Fan777

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2023 at 5:28 PM, Fan777 said:

I strongly recommend making configurations for scale 2.5 - 2.7, which is the ideal size.

In any case, I want to thank the author of the mod. I hope this will give motivation to improve the mod in the future.

Sadly none of our dev team is  using the scale you mentioned. But if you wish to make your own config, we can include it into the mods.

On 12/2/2023 at 7:19 AM, dangaffa said:

Any chance for CZ-5/CZ-10 parts in the future? Only one available right now is out of date, both with game version and visually

CZ-5 is not currently planned. CZ-10 maybe.

On 12/1/2023 at 2:28 AM, Fan777 said:

I made a config of my own some time ago.

The 2.5 or actually 2.7 scale is the "proper scale" for vanilla in terms of thrust to weight, the relative size being what's distorted in stock. The thing that was adjusted in KIU to make the rockets behave realistically in stock was the weight of the tanks. I built the config to quarter weight the tanks and the mod works wonderfully and somewhat realistically with JNSQ which I currently use. 

Config is here if anyone wants to try it on 2.7 or 2.5 scale. Just put it in its own folder, or even the KIU folder in the GameData folder. (keep in mind I made this before the current update of the Zhuque-2 , so it's not adjusted by this config, if you are savvy with it, you can probably get it working quickly, I havent played in a while, and I don't have time currently, though I do follow this post)

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/a8oiqr0brteehektp0aio/KIUweight_adj.cfg?rlkey=avfvi309rsf72z6irs7f0vn87&dl=0

Also, I use Kerwis (for the Long March 5), because it's was just raw scaled to KSP stock and not adjusted to "fly correctly" in stock (in other words, highly overpowered), it works great with a 2.5 or 2.7 out of the box, so I use both, accepting some redundant launchers (I use a mod to make the parts I dont want disappear) for a Chinese space program KSP mod install, to go along with my Soviet/Russian, NASA, SpaceX, and ESA type installs. 

@mark7 If you want to use the config in the mod, that's fine. I have little time for maintenance however, and if it breaks due to changes in the mod, or new equipment is put in (like the Zhuque-2!) I can't fix it quickly. 

17 hours ago, shinden1974 said:

The 2.5 or actually 2.7 scale is the "proper scale" for vanilla in terms of thrust to weight, the relative size being what's distorted in stock. The thing that was adjusted in KIU to make the rockets behave realistically in stock was the weight of the tanks. I built the config to quarter weight the tanks and the mod works wonderfully and somewhat realistically with JNSQ which I currently use. 

Config is here if anyone wants to try it on 2.7 or 2.5 scale. Just put it in its own folder, or even the KIU folder in the GameData folder. (keep in mind I made this before the current update of the Zhuque-2 , so it's not adjusted by this config, if you are savvy with it, you can probably get it working quickly, I havent played in a while, and I don't have time currently, though I do follow this post)

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/a8oiqr0brteehektp0aio/KIUweight_adj.cfg?rlkey=avfvi309rsf72z6irs7f0vn87&dl=0

Also, I use Kerwis (for the Long March 5), because it's was just raw scaled to KSP stock and not adjusted to "fly correctly" in stock (in other words, highly overpowered), it works great with a 2.5 or 2.7 out of the box, so I use both, accepting some redundant launchers (I use a mod to make the parts I dont want disappear) for a Chinese space program KSP mod install, to go along with my Soviet/Russian, NASA, SpaceX, and ESA type installs. 

@mark7 If you want to use the config in the mod, that's fine. I have little time for maintenance however, and if it breaks due to changes in the mod, or new equipment is put in (like the Zhuque-2!) I can't fix it quickly. 

Roger that, I will look into that when I have the time. Sadly I'm currently not very available due to appendicitis. And thanks for your help!

• 3 weeks later...

To adapt to RealAntennas, this is my temporary solution. Create a cfg file in the directory "\ GameData \ KIU \"

// KCHS_LaboratoryCabinModule_antenna
@PART[KCHS_LaboratoryCabinModule_antenna]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna]]:FOR[RealAntennas]
{
    !MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter] {}
    %MODULE[ModuleRealAntenna] { %antennaDiameter = 0.7 }
}

// KCHS_TG_Antenna
@PART[KCHS_TG_Antenna]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna]]:FOR[RealAntennas]
{
    %MODULE[ModuleRealAntenna] { %antennaDiameter = 0.8 }
}

// KCHS_Tianhe_antenna
@PART[KCHS_Tianhe_antenna]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna]]:FOR[RealAntennas]
{
    %MODULE[ModuleRealAntenna] { %antennaDiameter = 0.9 }
}

// KCHS_TZ_Antenna
@PART[KCHS_TZ_Antenna]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna]]:FOR[RealAntennas]
{
    %MODULE[ModuleRealAntenna] { %antennaDiameter = 0.9 }
}

// KCDE_Tianwen1_Antenna
@PART[KCDE_Tianwen1_Antenna]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna]]:FOR[RealAntennas]
{
    %MODULE[ModuleRealAntenna] { %antennaDiameter = 2.7 }      
}

// KCDE_Tianwen1_ZHurong_Antenna
@PART[KCDE_Tianwen1_ZHurong_Antenna]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna]]:FOR[RealAntennas]
{
    %MODULE[ModuleRealAntenna] { %antennaDiameter = 0.3 }
}

// KCDE_ChangE2_Antenna
@PART[KCDE_ChangE2_Antenna]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna]]:FOR[RealAntennas]
{
    %MODULE[ModuleRealAntenna] { %antennaDiameter = 0.6 }
}

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2023 at 11:56 PM, Tian Wen said:

To adapt to RealAntennas, this is my temporary solution. Create a cfg file in the directory "\ GameData \ KIU \"

I do not use RealAntennas, but I will include your patch in the next update.

On 12/12/2023 at 4:08 PM, shinden1974 said:

What is the specific 2.5x mod you are using? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2024 at 1:57 AM, mark7 said:

I do not use RealAntennas, but I will include your patch in the next update.

What is the specific 2.5x mod you are using? 

Sorry, I was late to answer, been out of country for a while

I actually use 2.7, which is the scale of JNSQ.

• 2 weeks later...

Are the craft-files outdated? For example: Tianwen can´t load because part KCDE_Tianwen1_ZhurongQXB is missing. There is only a part KCDE_Tianwen1_ZhurongXB  (wirhout the Q in name) in KIU\KIU_Chinese_Deepspace_Exploration_pack\Parts\Tianwen1\ZhuRong.
Other craft-files like all CZ-4 and CZ-11 are empty (crafts have 0kb).

Edited by Cheesecake