[1.8.0-1.12.X] Baker Operating System v2.2.0 a KOS RPM IVA GUI autopilot script

SelfAwareMatter

1 hour ago, Poppa Wheelie said:

See kOS documentation for CLOBBERBUILTINS for more information.

This code was probably written before clobberbuiltins was implemented.  You can toggle the option off in kos.

Edited by JonnyOThan

Yeah, this code definitely does not work "out of the box".  Instead of toggling the CLOBBERBUILTINS option, I went into the code and made a few edits to my local copy, such as:

• Changing "set throttle" to "lock throttle", and making sure there was a corresponding "unlock throttle"
  • Changing one instance of "set steering" to "lock steering", and making sure there was a corresponding "unlock steering"
  • Setting "sas on" after "unlock steering" in maneuver functions
  • Commenting out one instance of "ag3 off"

Now I no longer get the CLOBBERBUILTINS error, but I get the following:

Uq1hVv5.png

This looks very similar to the error in Frostiken's note from last year (4 Sep 22).  I didn't get the "SETDELEGATE not found on object BUTTONS", but perhaps that text scrolled off the top.  I first got this error for button 3.  I noticed that this was the first "buttons:setdelegate" that the code attempts to perform, so I commented it out - result, the error moved on to the very next buttons:setdelegate attempt (for button 4 instead of button 3).

I also see that 610yesnolovely said on 5 Sep 22 that I need to be using kOSProp Monitor v 1.7.2., and that the CKAN version is outdated.  I checked CKAN, and sure enough I'm using 1.5.1.

So, questions:

• Do I need to upgrade kOSPropMonitor to 1.7.2?  Will these button delegations not work otherwise?
  • Is there an updated version of the BakerOS?  Both CKAN and SpaceDock provide what is titled as v 2.2.0, but the comment at the very top says this is v2.1.0.  Is there a more current version somewhere else?

Update:

Yes, upgrading from the kOSPropMonitor version on CKAN (1.5.1) to the version available on SpaceDock (1.7.2) is required to get past this error, and to get buttons working.

I find the script itself kind of wonky to work with.  It's difficult to figure out how to move between screens, how to provide input to the various screens, when to use buttons and when to use keyboard, etc.  But, I've learned a lot by looking through the code.  I'll probably take some parts of this as starting points and write some scripts of my own.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys sorry for being mia for a bit. I have returned to update my mod and boy oh boy i didnt realize so many people would we using it.  I have a new version uploaded with a ton of new features and i have taken care of many problems the script had.  The buttons have been fixed! Garbage collection issues have been fixed as well. It runs smooth as butter.  Ive added a few new scripts and have updated almost every single existing one. Many of the issues you guys are having should be fixed now. Any questions shoot me a response i will try to respond quickly

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.