[1.9.x - 1.12.x] BDArmory Plus (BDA+) v1.6.11.0 [2024-02-22]

DocNappers

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I don't know whether or not this is a problem only I happen to have or it happens to others as well but the AI Air to Air Extend feature is really annoying. Is there a way to completely disable A2A Extension? And I don't mean with the AI menu because it gets reset every time and having to go through and set the AI menu each and everytime I spawn a plane is a hassle. There are times where a plane which is in a dogfight with another plane almost has a clear shot when it suddenly decides to extend 10km away and dies or repeat the same process again.

If nobody else has this issue then it might be a bug on my end but if it is how the AI works then is there a way to disable the A2A extend feature specifically.

On 12/4/2023 at 4:17 PM, takename7 said:

How do I hold down trigger for a certain time to fire a missile. I like the old keybind settings when fire things are the same keybind. I’ve tried changing trigger hold time, but it didn’t work.

BDA+ can fire missiles via holding the main fire button (WEAP_FIRE_KEY, which is the left mouse button by default) if the trigger is armed (firing guns doesn't require arming the trigger), or you can assign a separate button to firing missiles (WEAP_FIRE_MISSILE_KEY) to arm and fire them with a single click. You can also assign a key to toggling the trigger armed state (WEAP_TOGGLE_ARMED_KEY).

On 12/6/2023 at 3:30 AM, arbiter-iwnl said:

Hello, I don't know whether or not this is a problem only I happen to have or it happens to others as well but the AI Air to Air Extend feature is really annoying. Is there a way to completely disable A2A Extension? And I don't mean with the AI menu because it gets reset every time and having to go through and set the AI menu each and everytime I spawn a plane is a hassle. There are times where a plane which is in a dogfight with another plane almost has a clear shot when it suddenly decides to extend 10km away and dies or repeat the same process again.

There is a toggle in the pilot AI to disable extending for A2A. It should be being stored in the craft file (canExtend = False) when you save your craft in the SPH/VAB, not getting reset.

14 hours ago, HELP ME said:

PCould you add multiplayer because bda plus has better graphics and less bugs but no multiplayer

No. That's a major undertaking that I don't have time for. I haven't really looked into how BDAc handles the multiplayer support, but there'd be a lot of data that'd need to be synced between clients for proper multiplayer support.

1 hour ago, Bulltoad said:

can this be added to an existing save

Yes, but if you later remove it, then trying to load any craft you've made while it was installed will warn about missing modules (which isn't actually a problem) or missing parts (which makes those craft unloadable).

A little humble request for a part: we have a nice bomb bay part, that opens up, when a weapon in the bay is selected. This is a very very nice part. @DocNappers. Unfortunately bigger weapons don't fit in there. E.g. the RBS-15 cruise missile, because it is too big. Is there a way, that we might get a bigger version of this bomb bay, that does allow us to transport also bigger dropables without clipping or having to use big MK3-spaceshuttle cargo bays ? I'd really like to have a bomb bay (maybe with a little bit more aerodynamic shape than just a rectangular box), that carrys a RBS-15 to the target area and opens up upon selection of the weapons.

Just a humble proposal... :-)

37 minutes ago, Rakete said:

A little humble request for a part: we have a nice bomb bay part, that opens up, when a weapon in the bay is selected. This is a very very nice part. @DocNappers. Unfortunately bigger weapons don't fit in there. E.g. the RBS-15 cruise missile, because it is too big. Is there a way, that we might get a bigger version of this bomb bay, that does allow us to transport also bigger dropables without clipping or having to use big MK3-spaceshuttle cargo bays ? I'd really like to have a bomb bay (maybe with a little bit more aerodynamic shape than just a rectangular box), that carrys a RBS-15 to the target area and opens up upon selection of the weapons.

That sounds like a good part request for BDArmory-Extended

With the new UseFuel option for missiles, is the way mass is calculated when DecoupleBoosters = True something like mass at end of boost/beginning of cruise phase = Launch mass - BoosterMass - BoostFuelMass?  Or maybe Launch mass - (BoosterMass - BoostFuelMass)? Thanks!

I'm trying to accurately model (as best I can) the S-300V's 9M83 and 9M82.

@DocNappers I've got a question for my understanding.

I set up some ground defence turrets using goalkeeper (the one with own radar), oerlicons, Patriots (with PAC-3) and Sidams and Radars. When I enter the vicinity with a plane of the enemy team, all turrets fire, while being in guard mode. So did i expect.

when I turn on the ECM Jammer on the plane, only the patriots stop firing.

I'd expect also the turrets losing lock, since the where all tied to a tracking radar. Do they also have visual target acquiring? These ground based defence stations are fully un-kerbaled, in case that would matter.

In order to understand how the ECM-Jammer works, I tuned up its effectiveness for only testing,... I'd expect, it would totally cloak the vessel for all radars (unless you get so close that even the reduced RCS is enough). I also set the reduction of RCS to true in the config, to emulate 2nd gen stealth fighters

Edited by Rakete

i need help my game is not launching it is getting stuck on jdam mk83 icon and decoupler icon i tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple mods i only have mods that i need for bda and also tweak scale i tried everything i can think of and still nothing is working first time using this website got almost 1700 hours i just dont want to lose everything i worked on :(

On 12/19/2023 at 6:31 AM, Stephen Locksley said:

All fixed guns and most turrets can't fire in 1.6.9.0; however, the SIDAM 25, Oerlikon Millennium Cannon, M102 Howitzer (Radial), and M1 Abrams Cannon will still fire.

Only solution is to simply downgrade to 1.6.8.0 or lower, and wait for BDA+ 1.7.0.0 to come out.

They're working fine. The problem is with your install. Check the KSP.log for details of why it's not working.

On 12/19/2023 at 8:01 AM, InconspicuousKraken said:

With the new UseFuel option for missiles, is the way mass is calculated when DecoupleBoosters = True something like mass at end of boost/beginning of cruise phase = Launch mass - BoosterMass - BoostFuelMass?  Or maybe Launch mass - (BoosterMass - BoostFuelMass)? Thanks!

I'm trying to accurately model (as best I can) the S-300V's 9M83 and 9M82.

It should be Launch mass - BoosterMass - BoostFuelMass, i.e., BoosterMass is the dry mass of the boosters if they decouple, however, it doesn't seem to be working correctly at the moment and the mass isn't reducing by BoosterMass when it decouples. I'll fix that for the next release and add a mass readout to the debug telemetry. For now, if you have KER installed, you can switch to the missile and monitor the missile's mass during flight.

15 hours ago, dnam said:

i need help my game is not launching it is getting stuck on jdam mk83 icon and decoupler icon i tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple mods i only have mods that i need for bda and also tweak scale i tried everything i can think of and still nothing is working first time using this website got almost 1700 hours i just dont want to lose everything i worked on :(

This is almost always due to badly installed mods or missing dependencies. You need to examine the KSP.log file to determine exactly what is installed incorrectly/missing.

On 12/19/2023 at 12:37 PM, Rakete said:

@DocNappers I've got a question for my understanding.

I set up some ground defence turrets using goalkeeper (the one with own radar), oerlicons, Patriots (with PAC-3) and Sidams and Radars. When I enter the vicinity with a plane of the enemy team, all turrets fire, while being in guard mode. So did i expect.

when I turn on the ECM Jammer on the plane, only the patriots stop firing.

I'd expect also the turrets losing lock, since the where all tied to a tracking radar. Do they also have visual target acquiring? These ground based defence stations are fully un-kerbaled, in case that would matter.

In order to understand how the ECM-Jammer works, I tuned up its effectiveness for only testing,... I'd expect, it would totally cloak the vessel for all radars (unless you get so close that even the reduced RCS is enough). I also set the reduction of RCS to true in the config, to emulate 2nd gen stealth fighters

You'd be better off asking @SuicidalInsanity about that. He has a much better understanding of the radar locking and target acquisition side of things. However, gun turrets will continue to estimate the position of targets that have been detected in the last 30s (for air targets, can be longer for ground targets) based on their last known position, so that might be what you're seeing.

Helle,

I have a problem with the guard mode function. Each time I leave a vessel with the guard mode switched on, when I come back to the vessel,  I find my craft without the Guard mode running.  I want to set up a little war with BDA +, as a consequence this is a big issue to me.

Can someone help me please ? 

Falxplorer

@DocNappers@SuicidalInsanity

Another technical question on BDA+ 1.6.x: Since I switched my BDA+ 1.5.8 install to the most recent version I observe a strange very intensive jitter using the laser-guidance system. The targeting camera is very very unstable - esp. at highest magnification, even when the plane flies just a straight line. I assume this was added for realism. Is there a parameter in part configs or BDA itself to turn off said jitter or make it less intensive? Right now it is almost impossible for me to pick up gps-positions with my high altitude spy plane to use them later on e.g. for JDAMs.

Thx in advance.

Edited by Rakete

On 12/23/2023 at 12:30 PM, Rakete said:

Another technical question on BDA+ 1.6.x: Since I switched my BDA+ 1.5.8 install to the most recent version I observe a strange very intensive jitter using the laser-guidance system. The targeting camera is very very unstable - esp. at highest magnification, even when the plane flies just a straight line. I assume this was added for realism. Is there a parameter in part configs or BDA itself to turn off said jitter or make it less intensive? Right now it is almost impossible for me to pick up gps-positions with my high altitude spy plane to use them later on e.g. for JDAMs.

Thx in advance.

yeah I have the same issue

On 12/23/2023 at 6:30 PM, Rakete said:

Thx in advance.

I don't think any jitter is intentional. It's likely an interaction between the mouse movement (when adjusting the camera) on rendered frames and the plane's movement on physics frames. I can add it to the list of things to look into.

I don't see that much jitter when using the camera, even at 4x zoom from 10km altitude. One thing that can help is to enable "Lock Target" when the camera is close to the right position to stabilise it and then continue to adjust the camera to fine-tune the point before sending the GPS coords.

On 12/27/2023 at 12:17 AM, DocNappers said:

I don't think any jitter is intentional. It's likely an interaction between the mouse movement (when adjusting the camera) on rendered frames and the plane's movement on physics frames. I can add it to the list of things to look into.

I don't see that much jitter when using the camera, even at 4x zoom from 10km altitude. One thing that can help is to enable "Lock Target" when the camera is close to the right position to stabilise it and then continue to adjust the camera to fine-tune the point before sending the GPS coords.

I meant the jitter while having target lock on.  Without the lock on i don't have a chance to target anything.

I have a hard time trying to target e,g, a patriot battery from lets say 8km height using maximum zoom. Also: the camera movement on max zooms seems to be so slow, that it hardly keeps up with the movement of the plane and the jitter. I guess, it would be very nice, if you could look into it. In 1.5.x the jitter was not there and the camera hat perfect image stabilizers.

@SuicidalInsanity I really love the new features of BdaExtended. But i have some questions. How do missiles with inertial/terminal guidance work? E,g, lets take the phoenix missile as an example. I tried to radar lock a target, but the missile just steered downwards and exploded below my plane. How can I tell the missile the target. It did not seem to lock on anything? I guess the mistake is on my side as user. Is there any guide how to use the newer air-air-missiles with locking types that are new (i mean not the classic SARH like AMRAAM and not classic heatseeker like sidewider... those types a clear to me... but the others, that come with the r3ecent bdaExt. Parts) i come from a 1.5.8 BDA+ install, and those locking types weren't a thing back then)

Edited by Rakete

3 hours ago, Rakete said:

How do missiles with inertial/terminal guidance work? E,g, lets take the phoenix missile as an example. I tried to radar lock a target, but the missile just steered downwards and exploded below my plane. How can I tell the missile the target. It did not seem to lock on anything?

I haven't played around with inertial guidance yet but I designed the guidance law for that missile and that sounds like an uncommon bug I've encountered with it, could you post the KSP.log file the next time you encounter this issue? Best I can tell is when the stars align in the wrong way, it (or something else) throws a weird bug in Unity which causes the guidance to fail. Have you tried launching the missile after reloading the game at any point? Is it consistently doing that?

Edited by BillNyeTheIE

On 12/19/2023 at 6:31 AM, Stephen Locksley said:

All fixed guns and most turrets can't fire in 1.6.9.0; however, the SIDAM 25, Oerlikon Millennium Cannon, M102 Howitzer (Radial), and M1 Abrams Cannon will still fire.

Only solution is to simply downgrade to 1.6.8.0 or lower, and wait for BDA+ 1.7.0.0 to come out.

I'm having the same issue, but I've found that cannons only stop working on crafts I've already built, but building something new (like a test rig for the cannons) leads to them working as usual. I've had a look at the KSP.log file but I'm not really sure what to look for, and searching for the cannon (m230) doesn't show any obvious errors to me. Any ideas?

On 12/28/2023 at 3:23 AM, BillNyeTheIE said:

I haven't played around with inertial guidance yet but I designed the guidance law for that missile and that sounds like an uncommon bug I've encountered with it, could you post the KSP.log file the next time you encounter this issue? Best I can tell is when the stars align in the wrong way, it (or something else) throws a weird bug in Unity which causes the guidance to fail. Have you tried launching the missile after reloading the game at any point? Is it consistently doing that?

For me it ia consistently behaving like that. But I don't know, how those missiles are supposed to be used, that's why asked. I want to make sure, the mistake is not on my side. So can you tell me, what to do to launch e.g. the phoenix missile correctly?  Does it need a target lock via radome? Does the target have to be exactly in the green circle projected in front of the plane?

I will provide a log, as soon as i get back to my computer.

10 hours ago, Trollkowski said:

I'm having the same issue, but I've found that cannons only stop working on crafts I've already built, but building something new (like a test rig for the cannons) leads to them working as usual. I've had a look at the KSP.log file but I'm not really sure what to look for, and searching for the cannon (m230) doesn't show any obvious errors to me. Any ideas?

I can confirm. I switched from 1,5,9 to 1.6.9 and built my first ever ground defence stations and they do work.