Hunting the 10,000 Pm SSTV signal

Nazalassa

35 minutes ago, Nazalassa said:

Eight years after @Holo and @DMSP. I found it. On KSP 1.7.3.

Wow. Wow wow wow.

The file is a .mp4 -- I haven't separated the audio from the video yet.

Ah yes I se, the download link didn't work as expected.

You can go there: https://github.com/Nazalassa/Files/blob/main/KSP/Challenges/SecondSSTVsignal/SSTV_raw.mp4

Maybe the direct download link works -- but not sure.

https://github.com/Nazalassa/Files/raw/main/KSP/Challenges/SecondSSTVsignal/SSTV_raw.mp4

Can I ask two questions? :)

A. When does the signal sound in the video? It's nearly half an hour long :confused:

B. Do you have the audio and gameplay footage combined, just to see how far out you are?

I'm currently editing the video to get rid of all the visual stuff and the non-necessary parts.

Note, again, that the beep-bloops are nearly impossible to hear due to the music.

I'm currently checking one last thing before I can say that I have found it.

Also I only heard the signal for like ten seconds, and it was probably the end, due to the loud music.

1 minute ago, Nazalassa said:

Note, again, that the beep-bloops are nearly impossible to hear due to the music.

The only bloops I'm hearing are the sfx from the music.

2 minutes ago, Nazalassa said:

I'm currently editing the video to get rid of all the visual stuff and the non-necessary parts.

How come you're actively avoiding showing us the probe in flight?

3 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

How come you're actively avoiding showing us the probe in flight?

Well, I only wanted to record the audio, not the video, so I set the video size to the bare minimum the app accepted.

Download mp3 file here: https://github.com/Nazalassa/Files/blob/main/KSP/Challenges/SecondSSTVsignal/SSTV_10000Pm.mp3

Also one more time, please note that the beep-boops are VERY FAINT and IN THE BACKGROUND. You'll probably have to listen to it several times before spotting them.

The ~ 15 seconds file I uploaded is the only part where the beep-bloops are not covered by the music.

Just checked the original music of KSP...
Ah yes, um, it appears that the majority of the beep-bloops are from the background music. My apologies.

However I'm SURE that that big "BIP" I heard just before (or after, can't remember) ISN'T in the musc. It just can't be.

Now the bad part of it is, I can't remember when it was :|

I'm going to retry the thing, and, this time, record the ship too!

Maybe retrying in KSP 1.0.5 wil be better -- IDK.

3 minutes ago, Nazalassa said:

Well, I only wanted to record the audio, not the video, so I set the video size to the bare minimum the app accepted.

How come you didn't want to record any video?

4 minutes ago, Nazalassa said:

Also one more time, please note that the beep-boops are VERY FAINT and IN THE BACKGROUND.

I've listened to this several times over, each time more concentrated than the last, and alas I'm unable to pick anything up. The only SFX coming into my ears are from the music track.

(Disclamer: these aren't fake news, only me hearing a SSTV signal in all the beep-bloops I hear, my apologies again if it's false, but I hope it's real, because I think I also heard something that wasn't the music.)

You know, the data of Kerbin isn't in the files, and I don't think the data for any SSTV signal has ever been in the files. I think it's rather hard-coded.

2 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

How come you didn't want to record any video?

Only wanted the SSTV, didn't plan to make a whole video about it

Edited by Nazalassa

2 minutes ago, Rutabaga22 said:

I think they were right, it only happens one per install

I don't think it happened at all. The music in the background had a lot of electronic sounds in it, so I don't think it's out of the question these were mistaken for the 10,000Pm noises.

Just now, Bej Kerman said:

I don't think it happened at all. The music in the background had a lot of electronic sounds in it, so I don't think it's out of the question these were mistaken for the 10,000Pm noises.

100% agreed, that's why on one of my posts I said 

23 minutes ago, Rutabaga22 said:

I here these three pairs of beeps and I think that might be it, but I'm skeptical.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.