[1.12] FreeIva

JonnyOThan

Posted (edited)

I'm having a problem with the mk2 cargo bay when i put a mk1 inline docking port attached to a mk2 crew cabin, i can't open or acsess the docking port, but when i attach a mk1 inline docking port to the mk2 crew cabin without being inside the mk2 cargo bay, it works fine.

Also, your mod is amazing!

edit. the mk1 inline docking port name is Inline Clamp-O-Tron

Edited by NeoCortex

1 hour ago, NeoCortex said:

I'm having a problem with the mk2 cargo bay when i put a mk1 inline docking port attached to a mk2 crew cabin, i can't open or acsess the docking port, but when i attach a mk1 inline docking port to the mk2 crew cabin without being inside the mk2 cargo bay, it works fine.

Also, your mod is amazing!

edit. the mk1 inline docking port name is Inline Clamp-O-Tron

Can you show a picture or post a craft file?

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, JonnyOThan said:

Can you show a picture or post a craft file?

Sure thing! i'm not at home right and forgot to leave my PC on, i'll try to make a quick video too showing the issue.

Edited by NeoCortex

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2024 at 6:22 PM, Stormingmonkey said:

Hi! I'm having various issues with this mod. I can use it on many stock and modded parts, however many either do not allow me to pass through, or even use the eva ports.

I have also have this error message on loading

https://imgur.com/a/XyxiGNE

Hi, i'm not the developer of the mod, but this looks like a installation error, did you use CKan to install this mod?

On 5/23/2024 at 5:22 PM, Stormingmonkey said:

Hi! I'm having various issues with this mod. I can use it on many stock and modded parts, however many either do not allow me to pass through, or even use the eva ports.

I have also have this error message on loading

https://imgur.com/a/XyxiGNE

Hi, please post your KSP.log.

2 hours ago, dlrk said:

Is it a known issue that with DE_IVA, the Mk2 Lander Can does not appear to be traversable?

Nope. Please post your KSP.log

Hiya. When we encounter a modded part that isn't passable, is that something to ask about here, or in the mod's thread? 

In case it depends, I'm specifically after this guy here:

Spoiler

The MSA Structural Adapter is not passable. It's basically a copy of the bottom of the part off to the right, which is passable.

1FuC8KR.png

Many thanks!

8 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Hiya. When we encounter a modded part that isn't passable, is that something to ask about here, or in the mod's thread? 

In case it depends, I'm specifically after this guy here:

Hide contents

The MSA Structural Adapter is not passable. It's basically a copy of the bottom of the part off to the right, which is passable.

1FuC8KR.png

Many thanks!

FreeIVA support for most mods in k FreeIva itself, but BDB and KCHS are exceptions.  And it sounds like it’s this issue which was just fixed (though not released)

https://github.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau/issues/1407

2 hours ago, IAmTheRealBeef said:

Just wanted to stop by and say that FreeIVA is absolutely incredible - it also makes it way easier to use all those IVA MFDs that are hard to see from a particular seat!

Thanks for your work

Indeed! It's a brilliant bit of work. :D

20240530-225219.jpgAny idea what is causing this impassable wall anytime I add a docking port to awesome lonesomerobots madv cockpit ?

I can open the top square hatch and do an eva with no docking port, but as soon as I add one it becomes am impassable node20240530-225126.jpg when either docked or unlocked regardless of which port I use. Any issues how to fix this in the cfg? 

Also having issues with the hatch alignment between lab and hab.  Any idea, im guessing it's a hatch placement issue?20240530-225206.jpg

8 hours ago, mozzy said:

20240530-225219.jpgAny idea what is causing this impassable wall anytime I add a docking port to awesome lonesomerobots madv cockpit ?

I can open the top square hatch and do an eva with no docking port, but as soon as I add one it becomes am impassable node20240530-225126.jpg when either docked or unlocked regardless of which port I use. Any issues how to fix this in the cfg? 

Also having issues with the hatch alignment between lab and hab.  Any idea, im guessing it's a hatch placement issue?20240530-225206.jpg

For this kind of thing I’m going to need the exact names of the parts you connected together.  Even better, a craft file and your KSP.log.

@JonnyOThan I had community category kit installed for this, but then some of  the free iva parts weren't in their respective categories (decouplers not in coupling, but pods in command), so I deleted CCK. now I can't find those parts (the pods are still there, the only problem is the decouplers are note in the catalog). I can find a few decouplers in the advanced filters, but not all. could you help, or is this a problem for the community category kit folks?

21 minutes ago, darthvader15001 said:

@JonnyOThan I had community category kit installed for this, but then some of  the free iva parts weren't in their respective categories (decouplers not in coupling, but pods in command), so I deleted CCK. now I can't find those parts (the pods are still there, the only problem is the decouplers are note in the catalog). I can find a few decouplers in the advanced filters, but not all. could you help, or is this a problem for the community category kit folks?

Sounds like an installation issue likely, but probably with CCK? Post your log whenever you need help.