KSP2 REALLY will be launched on older consoles?

Dragorans

There are a lot of people who say it won't be released, and the trailer say it will be.

I'm confused about this, and would like clarification.

I'm an previous gen console player and I really want to play KSP2 and I don't have the money to buy a PS5 or PC

Edited by Dragorans

46 minutes ago, Dragorans said:

There are a lot of people who say it won't be released, and the trailer say it will be.

I'm confused about this, and would like clarification.

I'm an previous gen console player and I really want to play KSP2 and I don't have the money to buy a PS5 or PC

KSP2 is a complex game and we believe that to provide the best possible console experience for our players it requires the latest consoles hardware. So we will only currently be releasing on PS5 and Xbox X|S for the console versions. 

9 minutes ago, Ghostii_Space said:

KSP2 is a complex game and we believe that to provide the best possible console experience for our players it requires the latest consoles hardware. So we will only currently be releasing on PS5 and Xbox X|S for the console versions. 

Fantastic news! (For me anyway who doesn’t want the overall game handicapped by bad hardware. :))

Good riddance. I don't want to sound dismissive of players who play games on consoles and haven't updated the hardware yet, but developing for gen 8 consoles was a nightmare. The original models in particular, before the Pro/X versions, had some ridiculous CPU performance issues. Cache would invalidate when you looked at it funny, and sometimes it took the pipeline with it. Trying to get even the bare minimum 20FPS out of some games was an agony. I wouldn't consider any of the games made for these consoles as ethically sourced. People have suffered to make these games.

Yes, I'm being a little dramatic, but it really was not a good experience, and I'm happy Intercept doesn't have to suffer through it for KSP2.

On 12/7/2022 at 5:37 PM, Alexoff said:

KSP2 on older consoles will run surprisingly well :sticktongue:

apparently not, as was shown here

On 12/5/2022 at 12:56 PM, Ghostii_Space said:

It's a good thing though as that would have greatly held the game back, developing a game launching in 2023 for consoles released in 2013...